How many litres did you brew - 2013?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As of a couple of weeks ago, however many it takes to empty a 6 kg bottle of CO2.

angus_grant said:
I've brewed bang on 500L today, with about 100L being all grain batches. I've shared the majority of that with a son's birthday in May and some other family events. But I did drink a fair bit on those days so doesn't really count I suppose. :ph34r:

Hope to dedicate a day or two of the Xmas break to getting my braumeiser up and running so brewing will be easier to manage. Even thinking I will trial some 30 minute boil IPA's and ESB as per the "10 min IPA for school nights thread".
Hmm, forgot my log included last year. So I have brewed about 300L this year of which 7 batches were all grain and 5 kits and bits. So assuming an average of 22L per batch, that is 150L of AG goodness. Well there is that one batch of Belgian Tripel that might be described as paint stripper...

Looking forward to ramping up AG production so I can gave a decent stash at in-laws, and maybe some at my brother in laws as well. The risk I run with the BIL is that he will drink it. he he..

Average ABV for the year is 4.96%

600L so far and down from 800+ L last year. Had 4 different kegs blow in the same session on the weekend. The kegger's looking empty so need to get serious brewing done before Christmas.

Might not be too far off 800 again

By years end it will be 782lt's :chug: :chug:

If I can get myself motivated tomorrow for another batch.........675lt.... ish. :unsure:

Holy fook, I wish I hadn't added this up.

498.5L so far.

Admittedly a fair amount gets shared with work mates and family.

Not counting brews with mates in their "breweries", I have brewed 3.39hl (340l) for 2013, and there's still time to get a couple more brews in. Should top out at around 380l.

edit: typo

HardEight said:
I started brewing in the last week of December 2012.. (and kept good records of each brew)
Since then I have done and drank...

37 brews K&K/Partials/StovetopAG to 23L for about 851L (brewed)
21 full AG brews each between 23-25L (including the last 4 brews that are fermenting/lagering etc) for about 483L brewed (assuming 23L average per brew)

Grand total = 1334L brewed from 58 brews.. I lost 9L on the floor once (open valve on fermenter).. and a full 23L brew has some sort of infection (medicine taste)..
Also I don't keg yet so nearly all that was bottled into 330ml bottles! ... I don't want to calculate how many bottles I've had to clean...

... yes my liver still works :unsure: Bring on 2014! (Santa is bringing me a 100L kettle!)
That, my friend, is epic. Congratulations...

Looking at my logs, I have evidently not brewed as much as I would have liked...

264L + 47L cider, split between 4-6 people. Mix of absolute corkers; none that will age well (none left...); and varying degrees of chlorophenols in about 11 or 12 of them. Efficiency 82%, 82%, 80%, 81% for last four so starting to get my head consistent (if average) product.

I should resolve to rectify the volume issue ASAP.

Think I have been at this for just over 2 months and with the beers put down this arvo I'm sitting at 157ltrs, now I just need to convince my mate/brewing partner that we need to get into all grain in 2014

820 litres, most I've done in 18years of HB, finally got sick of bottling in October and now kegging, the positive of kegging, is the missus can't count the empty bottles on the bench in the mornings.

Cocko said:
In your pants?
Usually I do brew whilst in my pants, yes, thanks for asking.

Although recently I have taken to wearing nothing but my swag of national awards on a brew day.

Just did the calcs in Beersmith, 1,580 Litres for 2013 with another 80 being brewed tomorrow for Christmas.

Just did a quick count and it's around 860 - 890 litres, it sure seemed much more :wacko: .

Latest posts

Back