How many litres did you brew - 2013?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Roughly 250lt? Started brewing in June, and have made 10 batches so far as I generally make 25lt batches.

Shit that sounds like a lot of beer when you think about it. That's a small poly water tank full of beer and I've drunk most of it!

I started brewing in the last week of December 2012.. (and kept good records of each brew)
Since then I have done and drank...

37 brews K&K/Partials/StovetopAG to 23L for about 851L (brewed)
21 full AG brews each between 23-25L (including the last 4 brews that are fermenting/lagering etc) for about 483L brewed (assuming 23L average per brew)

Grand total = 1334L brewed from 58 brews.. I lost 9L on the floor once (open valve on fermenter).. and a full 23L brew has some sort of infection (medicine taste)..
Also I don't keg yet so nearly all that was bottled into 330ml bottles! ... I don't want to calculate how many bottles I've had to clean...

... yes my liver still works :unsure: Bring on 2014! (Santa is bringing me a 100L kettle!)

HardEight said:
I started brewing in the last week of December 2012.. (and kept good records of each brew)
Since then I have done and drank...

37 brews K&K/Partials/StovetopAG to 23L for about 851L (brewed)
21 full AG brews each between 23-25L (including the last 4 brews that are fermenting/lagering etc) for about 483L brewed (assuming 23L average per brew)

Grand total = 1334L brewed from 58 brews.. I lost 9L on the floor once (open valve on fermenter).. and a full 23L brew has some sort of infection (medicine taste)..
Also I don't keg yet so nearly all that was bottled into 330ml bottles! ... I don't want to calculate how many bottles I've had to clean...

... yes my liver still works :unsure: Bring on 2014! (Santa is bringing me a 100L kettle!)
get santa to bring you 10 kegs as well

Only about 130L for me (including some cider). Unfortunately I don't have a huge amount of spare time from February to the end of November. I'll be putting down a couple of batches before 2013 is out, so I'll probably be looking at about 175 by the time the year is out.

@Yob - I thought you'd have some sort of quip like "it's not how many litres you've brewed, it's how much hops you've used"
Kinda catchy, actually...

@HardEight - wow. Just wow. I don't know whether to be impressed or concerned.
3945, btw (~164 slabs), not including trub losses. Get 750's at least, if you're not gonna keg. I hope you've got a lot of thirsty friends you drink with!

307Ltrs so far with 2 more planned so if all goes well will prob be around 350 for 2013

Screen shot 2013-11-30 at 6.19.42 PM.png

Roughly 1920lt for me. Probably a little more as I do 4 x 40lt batches a month and know some of them were 60lt batches.

Wow! Some of you guys brew big! Hope you're sharing the love!

I think my tally is 330L. Just finished the upgrade of my malt pipe in my braumonster build today... so... it might be a larger tally next year! (think it will hold 17kg now, but we'll see if the pump can handle it).

Cocko said:
Where did those figures come from Cocko? Your brewing software or just data you've entered somewhere like a spreadsheet?

I've done approx 300 litres.

Edit: But I currently have 5 kegs and 4 milk crates full of bottles on the go, so I probably need to drink more.. And stop buying beer too.

I so wanna hate that Apple trite but damn it looks pretty flexible.

In fact, said the same thing about Cocko when I met him.

Edit: And, like Apple, I was sorely disappointed in the long run.

Latest posts

Back