How many litres did you brew - 2013?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2011 brewed 770 litres stock 220 litres
2012 brewed 814 litres stock 144 litres
2013 brewed 858 litres stock 128 litres

The more you brew the quicker it seems to evaporate.

2013 being my first year of brewing I managed to brew about 760L divided by beer, cider and ginger beer. I started in Late January. Many failed(flavourless) K&K brews during my learning curve, but I hope to brew less this year with focus on quality! If only I had found this forum earlier in the year!

Looking back on that number, I'm glad I have poured some of these down the drain/ shared the drinkable ones, because that's a scary number to drink by myself, on top of the other alcoholic beverages I drink!

Well, that was 2013...

• 421 litres brewed, 20 batches, 21 litres per batch on average.
  • Joe White Ale Malt was my most used fermentable - used during 35% of brews for 48kg in total.
  • next popular was Weyermann Pilsner, Simpsons Maris Otter, Weyermann Munich I, Briess 2-Row.
  • US Cascade was my most used hop - used during 23% of brews for 424g in total.
  • next popular was Amarillo, EKG, Hallertauer MF, Centennial, Mosaic and Simcoe.
  • US05 was my most used yeast - used during 25% of brews.
  • next popular was BRY-97, Wyeast 1272 and Wyeast 1084.

60 liters: an extract dunkel, an AG kolsch and an AG mild. Not much I know, but I took most of a year off to stop spending way too much of my limited spare cash on extract brewing. Now I've gotten set up and pieced together an AG 2V system that allows me to simply and efficiently buy bulk grain and mill, make quality starters, gives me fermentation temperature and cold-crashing control, and easy yeast re-use and storage. Not brewing drove me spare but I'm very happy I did it!!! Here's to patience! :beerbang:

Not a lot this year. Only 200 litres.

We were very busy renovating and getting our house ready for sale, so that didn't leave much time for brewing.
Plus I've run my stocks down so we don't have to move it all once the house is sold.

18 batches, roughly 360L give or take. Gave away plenty so hopefully its not all on my liver.................

360 litres but only got back into it late in the year, Oct maybe. Kegs are the best purchase I ever made!

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back