hot enough for ya?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4heckssake

Reaction score
tis a hot day here in Adels and i suspect most of the country.
just got home and poured a nice cold glass of collective arts gose and wandering around and noticed the temp on my keggle says its 41 deg in the shade. should have put some water in this morning, wouldn't need much gas to get up to mash temp!
hope you are all keeping well hydrated.

Meanwhile in Perth, tomorrow's forecast is 20 degrees max with heavy rain. It's the second time in a fortnight that a failed cyclone has tracked down the coast and sent the weather haywire. I blame Trump.

Min is 13 tonight as well here in Perth
The floodwaters from the last rain has turned the Swan river brown ruining my night time dive vision for crabs
Was doing really well oh well have to use the drop nets instead

Stolen from a mate on Farcebook. His quote: "her face says it all"

16472805_10210930907924752_6300756229107119037_n.jpg

weird times this summer thing....yep I blame Trump too. :huh:

41 again tomorrow with no real relief until Sunday. Your in the right state for sure manticle, particularly if brewing.

Yup, I think a return to Tas is a good idea. I can't go outside for 3 months a year, because I lose enough sweat to satiate a small sub-saharan nation's water needs for a year.

Kumamoto_Ken said:
Stolen from a mate on Farcebook. His quote: "her face says it all"

16472805_10210930907924752_6300756229107119037_n.jpg
she's thinking she should have worn another colour

ed> interestingly her dress is around body temperature going by the chart hehe

It's going to be a nice afternoon for a Berliner Weisse and well timed for a garage Saison entering it's third day of ferment...dumb luck

I heard this morning somewhere East of Adelaide was going to hit 47 - that's scary

We're forecast for 42 tomorrow, then 45 on Saturday and Sunday :(
Looks like I'll be heading up the Hunter River near the outflow from Glenbawn Dam and spending all weekend floating about in the shade with a few tinnies.
It's a pity they stopped taking water from the bottom of the dam where it was very chilly and only take the warm top water now

It's gonna be cranking this weekend.

Luckily the little one is with the mother in law for 2 nights. We'll be Celebrating wedding anniversary Friday and mates 40th Saturday. Both good reasons to keep well hydrated

Eh, summer means more time on the surf ski and running is hot - so your body gets better conditioned.

Better conditioned for drinking beer.

Humid as a Turkish bath house here today with the next three days predicted to be in the mid 40s.
I'm well over it.
I hope the ******* sun burns out..

Texted a mate in Darling Downs WA. He said they got to a point where they packed the car with their worldly's because of the locality of fires, but they haven't had to/didn't sound like they were going to have to - leave.

From left to right:

4degC or thereabouts
probe on the outside of shed on the steel - the temp was climbing but the air isn't that hot here, that's just the iron. Prolly only high 30's here.
Saison temp slowly climbing - I suspect it'll get up to 30
windows screen capture

2am work start tomorrow so I'm hopping in to a few now - here's cheers from the South East VIC - stay safe!

effin beaut here 29-30 most days, off to the beach for a swim fellas

I work in western Sydney, and it's been around 45 in the shade.

But I'm not in the shade, I've been crawling around the roof space, or commissioning pumps in the boiler room (Both well above 50 degrees) with fecking long sleeves, hardhats and the whole kit. :(

Eat your hearts out coldest February day on record here in Perth at 16C

Cheers

Wobbly

klangers said:
I work in western Sydney, and it's been around 45 in the shade.

But I'm not in the shade, I've been crawling around the roof space, or commissioning pumps in the boiler room (Both well above 50 degrees) with fecking long sleeves, hardhats and the whole kit. :(
Poor *******, I remember similar when welding, no knock off temps in those days. Would drink 10 plus litres of water without a piss for the day. But now, air on and ice cold wheat beer - sorry klangers.

Latest posts

Back