Hop Dealz Australia

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally broken my Hopdealz cherry, ordered some Caliente, Amarillo and a couple of Notty yeasts just in case.

Never even seen a deal of the day, I'm just too damn slow.

Only wanted to try out the Caliente, but at these prices i'll just add it to the general brew bittering hops if it doesn't take my fancy
although it sounds like it might fit in well.

Thanks for the coupon Yob :super:

ps, Yob, feel free to throw any free samples in with the order, always up for something different.

Clearly I cannot abide having less than 5kg of hops in the freezer, but also been wanting to get into some el dorado for a whiles... so impulse buy wins.

Jesse - I reckon paypal has changed something on me... didn't get the option to write a message to seller. Pick-up available this week arvo some time?

mofox1 said:
Clearly I cannot abide having less than 5kg of hops in the freezer, but also been wanting to get into some el dorado for a whiles... so impulse buy wins.

Jesse - I reckon paypal has changed something on me... didn't get the option to write a message to seller. Pick-up available this week arvo some time?
I would have assumed that mate..

Cant de postage refunds at the moment, paypal wont let it through but (for all of those affected) I'll keep on it, all packing slips with a postage refund are kept aside so they dont get lost.

Cheers

speaking of postage

Im told that postage for express parcels is going up on October third.

At that time, I'll also probably introduce a 1kg Express Post Satchel, so not all orders will go up, an order between 500g and 1kg will go down a bit but orders over 500g and orders over 1kg will go up (in the order of 0.80c)

It's not much of a saving, but it's better than nothing right?

Any chance of some Perle?
It'll be saison season soon, I should probably stock up before I start knocking out about eleventy cubes of my house saison for summer

Yob said:
speaking of postage

Im told that postage for express parcels is going up on October third.

At that time, I'll also probably introduce a 1kg Express Post Satchel, so not all orders will go up, an order between 500g and 1kg will go down a bit but orders over 500g and orders over 1kg will go up (in the order of 0.80c)

It's not much of a saving, but it's better than nothing right?
Have you looked at a courier service like Fastway?
I know most of the time for the things I ship they are cheaper than Auspost and pretty quick - although deliveries to the bush can take a day or 3.

just a thought.

note: my only connection to Fastway is I'm one of their customers

CoffeeSnobs use Fastway. To ship 10kg of green coffee from Melbourne to Sydney costs $17 and is at least as fast as Express Post. By comparison, Australia Post costs more than that for standard parcel service. Worth investigating.

Fastway can suck my hairy nuts.. They have no accountability and give no shits about quality service.

Tried them, sacked them...

And also.. **** them...

Yob said:
Fastway can suck my hairy nuts.. They have no accountability and give no shits about quality service.

And also.. **** them...
yeah, but what do you really think about Fastway ;)

Yob said:

And also.. **** them...

Apart from that, all good?

I think pretty much the same thing can be said for any courier company, including Australia Post.

They are all just like Swift'n'Shift :p

peteru said:
I think pretty much the same thing can be said for any courier company, including Australia Post.

They are all just like Swift'n'Shift :p
I use DHL for overseas orders, they made it their Business to know MY business.. cant sing high enough praises.

The service I got from Fastway was appalling at best, ******* disgraceful springs to mind.. I cracked it when their contractor finished one Friday lunchtime and left 3kg of hops in his van over the weekend... and they were going 8km from me and were picked up on a Wednesday... I lost a customer that day and so did they.. didnt mind telling them all either, from the (poor) person answering my call all the way to the state manager.

No accountability, offered me nothing to save the contract.. so yeah.. hairy gonads.. they can fondle..

Your experience with Fastway is not an isolated one. I had a small TV coming from next suburb. Less than 10 minute drive. Fastway picked it up at 10am on Thursday, carted it around until 5pm, at which point it got taken to a depot about 1 hours drive away from where it was picked up. It sat there until 11am on Friday, then got driven all over Sydney and returned back to same depot at 3pm on Friday. Apparently the driver had too much work to deliver it that day. Eventually it turned up on Monday.

DHL definitely have a superior approach to customer service, but they too have their short-comings. With some packages, they hand over the final delivery to Australia Post. Once that happens, there's absolutely nothing that DHL can do to help. I had a case where the poor customer service rep. at DHL was told by Australia Post that they would not give her any information on the state of the package delivery because it was not addressed to her! At least you can ring DHL and if you have a tracking number, DHL can set an alert on the package that says Do not hand over to Australia Post. and have it delivered by DHL driver.

Unlikely, they must get sick of me asking..

It's one of the reasons I got the hop shot range as ot was listed as available in NS

Nelson Sauvin is around Takai, I just ordered a few hundred grams. Happy days with NS. My favourite NZ hop.

Depending on where Equinox comes from actually... That is top of my list for the moment

Back