Hop Dealz Australia

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
cough... you could say that... or to look at it another way.. there is still Horizon in stock...

:D ;) :rolleyes: :wacko:

Boo, will just have to order an extra pound of Simcoe for bittering.

Do the "low" cohumulone levels of Horizon affect how much you'd need at 60 mins compared to say Magnum or Warrior?

Donske said:
Boo, will just have to order an extra pound of Simcoe for bittering.
Warrior is on the next shipment list, sorry, must have looked at the wrong one. Cant put a date on it either, early in the planning the next ones to get.

@ Draughton, my understanding is that the cohumulone levels affect the "harshness levels" of bittering so while I would think that the answer to your question is no, it wont how much you need, I would also think that It does have an effect of the 'type' of bittering you get if that makes sence?

I read this a little while back on HBT when looking for all things hops.

:lol: managed to add a little piccie to the tabs of the site (favicon? never bloody heard the term before today) Im starting to get the hang of this shite :lol:

Yob said:
Im starting to get the hang of this shite :lol:
Perhaps this statement might become remotely believable once your banner is legible.

HDA.png

Just sayin'.

Did a favicon on my new site the other day too ready for release in the next few days. Didn't even know what it meant till i looked it up.

bum said:
But the design? I can't even read the full company name, dude.
Is that what you meant on page 1 :lol:

Didnt mean to be unresponsive.. just couldnt see the issue on my screen..

Better?

Title.JPG

ed: oddly, my background seems to be significantly darker than yours, hence I guess why yours was a bit harder to see.

If anybody does have other graphical issues, please take a screen shot, it's easier to fix when I can see the issue.

:icon_cheers:

Yep, much more legible now. Looks like there'z a typo though? ;)

The issue is that the background image scales differently for different screen resolutions. This is why background images on commercial websites are pretty much not a thing anymore (unless all text is in it's own panel with a plain background or the image element is limited to the bottom half of the screen, etc). It's just too hard to predict what the image will do at the user's end.

Fresh batch of hops arrived today thanks Yob.

Will report back on the outcome of the Mosaic 10min IPA in a month or so.

Cheers Jefin

Another happy customer here! Ordered Monday, arrived Tuesday. Even some free galaxy flowers thrown in.

The quick delivery, not sitting in a hot warehouse for weeks or being opened by customs is definitely worth the few extra dollars compared to buying whole pounds from the States. I love the option to buy 110g packs at almost bulk prices as well.

No affiliation, other than being a member of the same homw brew forum :ph34r:

So want more hops, but so don't need them...

Would love to try Horizon for bittering.

Just placed an order Yob, 450g each of Cascade and Simcoe along with a few 110g packs and yeast. Would have gone for punds of a few of the 110g hops but money is tight as per usual.

Any drama if it doesnt come until next week? It's club night and I may have issues packing tonight mate.

If it's dire I could possibly leave Club night a bit earlier than planned.

:icon_cheers:

Should be all good, just changes my plan slightly, Belgian blonde instead of English bitter being brewed this weekend, unless you managed to get them packed that is.

Really should start using some of the Hallertau I've got sitting in the freezer anyway.

No mate didnt pack it, didnt leave the club meet until after 10pm, I'm still playing catch up due to the Vic Swap last weekend, I didnt realise what happens when you take a few days off from this game ;)

Appreciate the understanding mate,

Cheers

Back