Hop Dealz Australia

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Only one way to know for sure Gibbo, I'd go higher amount, shorter time..

I just dry hopped 70g into my swap beer but that was mosaic soYMMV

You could always, hit it with the 2g/l in primary and then hit it in the keg 1g/l then if you want to go up, add another g/l from there..

:icon_drool2:

If by "ok" you mean "delicious", then yes.

I think "grassy" flavours are more a product of dry hopping too long than dry hopping too much. Everybody has their own personal preference. I usually dry hop for 3 days at room temperature in my kegs, then chill and carbonate for a few more days.

brewbienewbie said:
Hi Yob,
I was looking to buy some all-purpose bittering hops from you, Delta look like a good bet cos they're high AA and cheap. I had a look around for some info on them tho, and everywhere seems to say they're about 5-7%AA. You've got them listed at 15.3%, is that right?
Got me, is a typo and should read 4.4% :wacko: .. not quite sure what happened there but good pickup.. :icon_cheers:

Magnum is a hop that also goes a long way, good bang for buck, I was using 10g @ 40 mins for a long time, I got many many brews out of a bag, in fact it's still my go to bittering hop, I do tend to brew quite a lot of AIPA's and APA's though, so really depends I guess on what you are shooting for.

Thanks again for the pickup.

Yob

slash22000 said:
If by "ok" you mean "delicious", then yes.

I think "grassy" flavours are more a product of dry hopping too long than dry hopping too much. Everybody has their own personal preference. I usually dry hop for 3 days at room temperature in my kegs, then chill and carbonate for a few more days.
In my experience Cascade is perfect at 2 days. 3 should be OK but a week is grass hell. Yob's recommendation of 2g/L into dry hop and 1g/L into the keg sounds pretty good too :)

Received my delicious smelling order today.

Thanks heaps Yob, your a champion!!

Pleasure lads, always pleased to get some orders right... lol

Chuffed they got to you promptly

Cheers

Good shit man.. enjoy

In other news, T58 and US-05 now Re listed along with Chinook, US Cascade, Warrior.. and a bunch of others topped up :icon_drool2:

:beerdrink:

Parks said:
In my experience Cascade is perfect at 2 days. 3 should be OK but a week is grass hell. Yob's recommendation of 2g/L into dry hop and 1g/L into the keg sounds pretty good too :)
I prefer to dry hop for longer, at least a week to 10 days.

In BYO's "250 Classic Clones" from 2012, their Dogfish Head 60 minute IPA clone, which Sam Calagione himself helped them put together, is dry hopped with 50 odd grams of Amarillo, Simcoe and Glacier for 2 weeks.

Been reading a bit about "Ahtanum" hops lately. Apparently they are a decent substitute for Amarillo, very similar to Cascade but less "grapefruit" more "orange" flavour/aroma. Dunno if many people would be interested, but I would grab a pack or two if it were available. ^_^

EDIT Also Yob, not sure but I think I have found a bug in your shipping calculator?

If I add one 110g pack, it gives me $5 shipping. If I add two 110g packs of the same hop, the shipping stays at $5. If I add three packs of the same hop, it goes up to $10.55. Same for 4 packs. 5 packs = $14.80

But if I add one 110g pack, then a 110g pack of a different hop variety, it jumps straight to $14.80?

Will check the weights, it's likely that it's a weight listed incorrectly, shipping is based on weights so it's bound to be that

Will have a look at it now.

Found it and corrected it, thanks for picking it up, the Warrior was listed as 450g in the 110g section which would have driven it into the above 500g weight range.

Cheers

carniebrew said:
I prefer to dry hop for longer, at least a week to 10 days.

In BYO's "250 Classic Clones" from 2012, their Dogfish Head 60 minute IPA clone, which Sam Calagione himself helped them put together, is dry hopped with 50 odd grams of Amarillo, Simcoe and Glacier for 2 weeks.
I would say that some hops are fine and in an IPA you may not see those flavours as obviously. My assumption is you probably get 75%+ of the good stuff within the 2 days without the chance of the bad stuff.

But that's my (and I'm definitely not alone) findings. YMMV.

Yob said:
Good shit man.. enjoy

In other news, T58 and US-05 now Re listed along with Chinook, US Cascade, Warrior.. and a bunch of others topped up :icon_drool2:

:beerdrink:

Great, time for a bulk order to go with the couple of bags of grain I got last weekend then hopefully no need to buy ingredients for a couple of months.

Will place my order Wednesday Yob, hopefully the US Cascade and Warrior are still in stock by then.

Should be mate, I don't see it all going before then... There is quite a bit of them, in fact I should be out splitting it all up now, got quite a bit to get through today..

Cheers

Back