Hobart Brewers

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hazy

Reaction score
Have brewed for many years and have got back into All Grain. Any one in the Hobart area interested in getting together. Im happy with my beer but would like to meet up for brewdays to see if Im doing the right thing. Would like to meet with any Brewers in the area
Cheers Hazy

Hi there Hazy,

I'm Just over the river from you in Blackmans Bay. It would be nice to meet a fellow brewer, though I have been a lazy brewer but a very busy dad lately.

Hazy,

I'm up north of the state, your more than welcome to drop in on a brew day or just to compare notes or beers. I'm keen to get the tassie brewers together for a case swap and a day/night out at beer fest time.

Smashin :icon_chickcheers:

Have brewed for many years and have got back into All Grain. Any one in the Hobart area interested in getting together. Im happy with my beer but would like to meet up for brewdays to see if Im doing the right thing. Would like to meet with any Brewers in the area
Cheers Hazy

Hey Hazy,

Im in Launceston, if ever your up this way let me know and i can organise a brew day. Keen for a case swap aswel as meeting up with everyone at Beerfest.

Cheers
Itmechanic

Hobart here but only up to my third brew ever, extract atm, so not sure if i could be any assistance ;p
Would love to join in a case swap, if only for feedback on my brews.

And to finish, a clip im sure youll all get a laugh at:

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow five brewers, (or is that ten for the mainlanders).Good to hear from you guys and will PM you soon. Will have to organise something for BEERFEST

Hazy,

What sort of set up have you got? I'm down in the Huon and do BIAB. Your more than welcome to come down for a brew day and try a few beers. If your interested in growing hops I have six varieties that I could split up. I also have an old Marga mill if you need something to crush your grain.

Hazy,

What sort of set up have you got? I'm down in the Huon and do BIAB. Your more than welcome to come down for a brew day and try a few beers. If your interested in growing hops I have six varieties that I could split up. I also have an old Marga mill if you need something to crush your grain.

Gday stuffa, mashing in a esky with a false bottom and using a thermostat controled urn for stike/sparge water. 50ltr keg as a kettle and immersion chiller. Would love to come down as Ive had no experience with BIAB. Will PM you with my details so we can organise a day. Good to see the Tassie brewers are around

And to finish, a clip im sure youll all get a laugh at:

Never been to Tassie so I missed a lot of it but some of that was pretty funny.

Last edited by a moderator:
Absolutely Brilliant :) Made me laugh anyway. Disappointed they couldn't fit Glenorchy Bus Mall in there somehow though.... Ahh, the good old days ;)

(Our bogans will stab you...) :D

Cheers

+ 1 for a Tas get together. Might have to meet in the middle at this rate...

Im in Oatlands...funnily enough.

Not an All Grainer yet am currently doing extracts/partials. but would like to catch up with others down here.

when is Beerfest

Hi all,
I am up in the North West and I would love to have a get together at some stage or have a swap case.

Cheers
Chris

its been said before but it would be great to have a club of some sort down here. unfortunately most on the boards are too busy to do any organising. anyway, something less formal would be cool too.
i also do BIAB and have a spare marga ;)
never enough time to brew but try to keep a four keg set up ticking over. mostly through not drinking quick enough than brewing often. beerfest is a must, but something sooner would be great. cheers.
joe

Just got back from tassie. Very funny video you got there, obvious it was made by someone from the south though.

Really didn't like Hobart, and when we would tell the locals that, they would respond pretty much the same way "well you DEFINITLY don't like launceston then!". Funny thing is, we found launceston to be absolutely tops...would love to go back there again, but wouldn't be sad I'd I never saw Hobart again.

I'm definitely keen for a tassie get together or brewday, Would be great to get some sort of club together to compare brews.

Just got back from tassie. Very funny video you got there, obvious it was made by someone from the south though.

Really didn't like Hobart, and when we would tell the locals that, they would respond pretty much the same way "well you DEFINITLY don't like launceston then!". Funny thing is, we found launceston to be absolutely tops...would love to go back there again, but wouldn't be sad I'd I never saw Hobart again.
How could you not like a place like Hobart? What didn't you like about it?
Quite strange, I find very little that Launceston has got going for it at all. What could you like about it?

I'm definitely keen for a tassie get together or brewday, Would be great to get some sort of club together to compare brews.

I like the sound of the way this is shaping up.

Hi all, I would be keen to catch up with any brewers for brew day etc. Can't make beerfest this year. I would be happy to catch up with any all grain brewers up here on the NW coast for a brew day. Doesn't seem to be many all grainers up here.
Cheers
David

Back