Hi from Hobart

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

Reaction score
Hi, Brewers.
I’m in Hobart.
I’ve found this forum to be pretty helpful at times and decided I probably should join up and be part of it.
I brewed a lot in the 90s especially but from 2000 to 2020 just made a few batches every few years. A couple of years ago I bought a brewzilla.
I’m happy with it. I think it’s completely fine for what I want to do.
I don’t have a lot of space for brewing. I’m trying to keep it simple.

Last edited:

yankoek

Shaken not stirred
Reaction score
Hi, Brewers.
I’m in Hobart.
I’ve found this forum to be pretty helpful at times and decided I probably should join up and be part of it.
I brewed a lot in the 90s especially but from 2000 to 2020 just made a few batches every few years. A couple of years ago I bought a brewzilla.
Hi there from Sydney

rockymars

Reaction score
Hi, Brewers.
I’m in Hobart.
Welcome @Half Pint!

I’m also from Hobart (New Town). I’m glad you’re getting back into it! I’ve also started brewing again, my weapon of choice is a Digiboil (dumbed down BrewZilla).

So little time, so many brews 😁

AHB_Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. Any favorite recipes?

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. Any favorite recipes?
Recipes are interesting to me. I read a lot of them.
I have 2 recipes from Fuller's I like. One is based around their London Porter, the other is based on the London Pride. Call it a Best Bitter I suppose, but I think of it as a Pale Ale. To make a Strong Bitter I just scale it up to higher OG and try to keep the hops in proportion.
I make an Aussie Sparkling based on the well-known 'whiteboard recipe'. I have no idea whether my recipe still aligns with that but i do 91% ale malt, 6.5% wheat malt, and 2.5 light crystal, bitter it to around 25 IBU with Pride of Ringwood and maybe do a 15 minute addition of POR or something else to come in a bit under 30 IBU.