Have You Got Anything Special For Christmas Day ?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I freaking love this. Obsessed with NS hops now as a result :)

Knapstein is truly the best lager and the only lager I will drink!

Apparently they sold this is special long bottles one christmas (not sure of the exact size but bigger then stubbies - maybe 750ml??)
I wish they would do it again!!!

Christoffel Gift Pack. One for my neighbour and one for me.

Plus our home brew Pils should be ready to crack.

My christmas presents here, young daughter Tayla won't be with me for the first time ever on christmas day so as you can see in the second pic she got hers today aswell. The scooter is worth more then all the beer there :huh: :blink:

Shots are a little bit poser as you can see..............................

SANY1240.JPG

SANY1255.JPG

Well thanks to the speedy delivery of some beers I now have a collection of rogues + a 5l yellow snow keg. Very excited. Have a selection of very average homebrew also, so will see how I go.

Shit loads of food and my very own AG home brew!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have the following in the fridge for the Christmas eve/day sipping

Saison Dupont Biologique - I really know nothing about this beer
McChouffe, Belgian Strong Dark Ale
La Trappe Isidor - 125th anniversary of Brewery de Koningshoeven

BioSaisonDupont.jpg

mcchouffe.JPG

isidor.png

Now that takes a bit of beating Fourstar

It does, but there is only so many of them you can have in one sitting without feeling a little bit wasteful!

Do not drink this beer if you are driving. Not within a few hours anyway. I felt every single one of its 9% points when I had mine.
I've got another Torpedo and Lagunitas put away for the day - maybe the Arrogant ******* too.
Not sure they'll make it though.
[EDIT: Changed my mind - Xmas Night will be White Shield, Moo Brew and Brutal Bitter.]

By my calculation it's 2.5 standard drinks! :eek: Yikes! maybe i'll save that for dinner time!

Shit loads of food and my very own AG home brew!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+1 , me too!

Also bottled the APA last night for family presents for all my brother in law's and fathers (and in laws).

Whacked on a basic label and hence half the family pressies are all sorted! Sweet!

I've still got a few of the sour beers from the swap left, not sure if I want to share them with the family though :)

I also have a bottle of Deus there that I might take down.

Some Unibroue too but that's definitely just for me and the wife that one...

Picked up 2 gift packs with glasses of mixed 5 pack weihenstephan and the 4 pack Le trappe for me and the old boy Christmas day.

Merry Christmas

Chap Chap

Nice form Chappo, that's breakfast out the way. What have got organised for Lunch???
Merry Christmas to you and your lovely husband.

Jay and Lilo

Picked up 2 gift packs with glasses of mixed 5 pack weihenstephan and the 4 pack Le trappe for me and the old boy Christmas day.

Merry Christmas

Chap Chap

Lucky me has :-

my own - APA (Amarillo), ESB & Marco Polo (and other hops) APA (which doesn't taste all that flash - I think the Marco Polo has given the beer a very strong, lingering bitter taste).

+

all the beers I receive from my 2009 Xmas lottery win.

All this should tide me over.

Cheers,

mossy

A 6er of 2008 Coopers Vintage that I've had in the cellar for the better part of 9 months and a bottle of the Meantime High Saison.

Should be a tasty xmas day.

Apart from my own spiced christmas ale, I have six bottles of....i have no fricken idea! wrapped up in xmas paper sitting in the fridge!
Looking forward to tasting a few new beers, the other half is finally coming around :p

For the rellies (35 or so) a keg of my Gympie Gold (xxxx Gold clone, 3.2ABV) plus a keg of Cheeky Grapple Cider, pour moi - Bishops Finger for Lunch and Aventinus Doppel Weizenbock for Desert B)

Screwy

Only my beers, as this bloody town doesn't have anything resembling a decent bottleshop :)

Cheers

Only my beers, as this bloody town doesn't have anything resembling a decent bottleshop :)

Cheers

Go on Nick shout yourself a XXXX Gold! :p Wait... Wait... Lash out and get yourself a sixy of XXXX Bitter! :lol:

I would rather your beers any day mate! :wub:

Merry Christmas Nick! Here's hoping you have that deck finished by the time the Kingas Brew Day come back around!

Chap Chap

On tap will be a couple of house favorites.

Pommie Git ESB

4.30 kg Ale Malt - Barrett Burston (6.0 EBC) Grain 84.31 %
0.50 kg Carared (Weyermann) (47.3 EBC) Grain 9.80 %
0.30 kg Biscuit Malt (24.0 EBC) Grain 5.88 %
30.00 gm Challenger [7.90 %] (60 min) Hops 26.2 IBU
20.00 gm Goldings, East Kent [4.70 %] (20 min) Hops 6.3 IBU
20.00 gm Goldings, East Kent [4.70 %] (10 min) Hops 3.8 IBU
1.00 items Whirlfloc Tablet (Boil 15.0 min) Misc
1 Pkgs English Special Bitter (Wyeast Labs #1768PC) Yeast-Ale

Yank Tank APA

4.00 kg Ale Malt - Barrett Burston (6.0 EBC) Grain 80.00 %
0.50 kg Munich I (Weyermann) (14.0 EBC) Grain 10.00 %
0.50 kg Wheat Malt - Barrett Burston (3.0 EBC) Grain 10.00 %
15.00 gm Amarillo [8.60 %] (60 min) Hops 14.4 IBU
10.00 gm Amarillo [8.60 %] (30 min) Hops 7.4 IBU
10.00 gm Cascade [7.80 %] (30 min) Hops 6.7 IBU
5.00 gm Cascade [7.80 %] (10 min) Hops 1.6 IBU
5.00 gm Amarillo [8.60 %] (10 min) Hops 1.7 IBU
1.00 items Whirlfloc Tablet (Boil 15.0 min) Misc
1 Pkgs Safale American Ale (DCL Yeast #US-05) Yeast-Ale

For later I have a bottle of Chimay 2000 Grande Reserve.

Cheers
Q

Latest posts

Back