Have You Got Anything Special For Christmas Day ?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
great beer, one of my favourites.. I have been lucky enough to have had a few through this year.

do you know what year it is?

check the cork code.

08 is that a good year kierem ? ( I did not know that was where to look, learn something everyday ) its my second bottle this year took the other to the brew club meet only had a mouthful will drink it all this time so long as Franko dont find out, I got it ,he can sniff a bottle a mile away ;)

08 is that a good year kierem ? ( I did not know that was where to look lear something everyday ) its my second bottle this year tok the other to the brew club meet only had a mouthful will drink it all this time so long as Franko dont find out I got it he can sniff a bottle a mile away

I haven't drunk enough to know a good year or bad and if it works like that.

It is a beer I want learn more about and I know I had some 03 earlier this year and it would have to be the best aged beer I have ever drunk.

I not 100% the code on the cork represents the brew year, but it is a code none the less

Nice work Pumpy, that ought to give a bit of Chrissy cheer.
I've got a bottle of Deus 'Brut des Flanders' I've been saving, not sure I can bring myself to open it though.
Might save it for the 30th in winter!

Is there somewhere onlline I could get some Rogue beers in Australia?

I've got a bottle of Deus 'Brut des Flanders' I've been saving, not sure I can bring myself to open it though.

another great beer, I had one with Fraser_John the night after the ANHC beer dinner this year.

For me, it is a beer that you need plenty of time to drink, very complex and subtle. Make sure you give yourself plenty of time to really enjoy this beer.

maybe FJ can chime in and give his impressions of that beer.

This time last week I did have 4 bottles of hunter beer co Xmas cheer. Now I have 2 for Christmas day. (was a good weekend just gone) not sure if I will open the murray's AA4

I just cant find any thing special to drink in adelaide at moment..

I've got a bottle of my own stout for christmas, as well as a bottle of the murrays aniversary ale 3...

I saw that MCT and nearly bought Deus 'Brut des Flanders' they have such a range I got a bit lost in them all

Not for Christmas... but I am fortunate enough to be spending new years with my brother, so today I bought a Rogue XS Imperial Porter and an XS RIS as well as a 5lt keg of Yellow Snow IPA :D...

...and I have 50lt of awesome Horny Heifer packed in the trailer just for the occasion too...

I saw that MCT and nearly bought Deus 'Brut des Flanders' they have such a range I got a bit lost in them all

I'll save it Pumpy and share it with you when you decide to visit the Hill Top brewery (when I set it up :D ).
I tried the Saison at the meet and what a beer. It tasted different with every sip, and I only had 3 :lol: .

Not for Christmas... but I am fortunate enough to be spending new years with my brother, so today I bought a Rogue XS Imperial Porter and an XS RIS as well as a 5lt keg of Yellow Snow IPA :D...

...and I have 50lt of awesome Horny Heifer packed in the trailer just for the occasion too...

That Imperial porter will go well with the Christmas pud Schooey :)

I'll save it Pumpy and share it with you when you decide to visit the Hill Top brewery (when I set it up :D ).
I tried the Saison at the meet and what a beer. It tasted different with every sip, and I only had 3 :lol: .

It must be a good temperature for fermenting in them thar Hills MCT

or even the 'Hill Song brewery' or

'The Hills are alight with the sound of brewery'

or the 'Benny brewery'

Beverly Hills brewery

I better go to bed cya

pumpy :)

Indeed, pumpy... The wife's Grandma is making it, and the trifle and she know's how to dose 'em, believe me ;)

Indeed, pumpy... The wife's Grandma is making it, and the trifle and she know's how to dose 'em, believe me ;)

I love trifle Schooey have not had that in years mum used to make it with the Sherry

Perhaps you could make a Chocolate trifle and soak the sponge in the porter how good would that be

Pumpy

Perhaps you could make a Chocolate trifle and soak the sponge in the porter how good would that be

:huh: At $34 a 750 bottle, I reckon we'll drink it in small sips and enjoy it, Pumpy.... and I might make the chocolate trifle with some of my not so expensive, but equally awesome Flying Dog Gonzo Imperial Porter clone... :D

Latest posts

Back