Have You Got Anything Special For Christmas Day ?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So glad you bought this up Pumpy!

Hows this:

For xmas I have!!........

My HB!!

I am the luckiest man here!

:D

Your right Cocko we all love our homebrew but Christmas day is all about having food that you dont often eat thoughout the rest of the year.

to make it a bit of a special day ;)

Your right Cocko we all love our homebrew but Christmas day is all about having food that you dont often eat thoughout the rest of the year.

to make it a bit of a special day ;)

I get it! Ok, so I will freeze one of my APA's and eat it yeah! :p

Seriously though, I have a SN tornado and a Unibrowe 'La Fin DuMonde' on the chill!!

BTW: Merry Xmas mate! :icon_cheers:

I also have a bottle of Saison Dupont, & I hope to pick up some Dark Knight & Anniversary Ale from Murrays tomorrow.

:beer:

Taking it easy Christmas Day with some Shofferhofer Grapefruit Hefeweizen. Got to do a 10am-9:30pm shift on Boxing Day (yay liquor stores being open all the time...).

I usually drink something BIG on New Years Eve, at midnight. Last year was an Eisebock from Schneider. The year before that was a Rochefort 10. I'm thinking a Samichlaus. I still have some Flying Dog Double Pale laying around, and a couple of Flying Dog Barleywines in the cellar. Might go for one of those to be honest.

Or a Mikkeller Monk's Elixer! Forgot I had one of those too... so many options.

Indeed, pumpy... The wife's Grandma is making it, and the trifle and she know's how to dose 'em, believe me ;)

Agreed, unless a trifle is well primed with a liberal splash of good Spanish Sherez it is hardly worth a place on the the Xmas table. I for one speak from experience in making the alcohol additions to the Xmas desserts, although some in our family would say maybe I am a little to generous.

:blink:

I've got some Murray's Anniversary 3 which I'm looking forward to. Also some Nogne O Sahti which should be different, SNPA, Brewdog Punk IPA, Cuvee Rene, Mikem's Orval clone and one of the funky beer swap beers. Also 3 kegs of my beer. Should be a fun day. :lol:

Seriously though, I have a SN tornado and a Unibrowe 'La Fin DuMonde' on the chill!!

BTW: Merry Xmas mate! :icon_cheers:

Awesome Merry Christmas Cocko

Pumpy:)

I've got some Murray's Anniversary 3 which I'm looking forward to. Also some Nogne O Sahti which should be different, SNPA, Brewdog Punk IPA, Cuvee Rene, Mikem's Orval clone and one of the funky beer swap beers. Also 3 kegs of my beer. Should be a fun day. :lol:

Cant you just tell the 'affluent' amongst the forum members or should I say 'effluent'

God Stuster, you must have a few Bobs worth there!!

Merry Christmas

Pumpy :)

I also have a bottle of Saison Dupont, & I hope to pick up some Dark Knight & Anniversary Ale from Murrays tomorrow.

:beer:

'Beers' you have a well stocked cellar in Newtown what is the name of it .?

Got a 750ml bottle of some random Belgian Dark Strong Ale I grabbed from Dan's, but I can't remember the name of it. Not LaChouffe or Chimay... Lafette? or something like that.
Murray's Icon 2IPA
Ruhk's Christmas Ale 14%
The remaining few bottles of my AIPA
Some lambic framboise & saisons.
2 cases of apple/pear cider
And a lot of sparkling shiraz

Agreed, unless a trifle is well primed with a liberal splash of good Spanish Sherez it is hardly worth a place on the the Xmas table. I for one speak from experience in making the alcohol additions to the Xmas desserts, although some in our family would say maybe I am a little to generous.

:blink:

No doubt Beernut a trifle with a good splash of Spanish Sherez is one of the gret delacacies in the world , It is definatly a bit 50's ish and may well be lost in time when that generation dies out

pumpy :)

Merry Christmas

No doubt Beernut a trifle with a good splash of Spanish Sherez is one of the gret delacacies in the world , It is definatly a bit 50's ish and may well be lost in time when that generation dies out

pumpy :)

Merry Christmas

No chance of trifle dying off, Pumpy, I won't allow it :p It is one of the great desserts, and regularly served at our place (in both traditional and uber new age fancy chocolate/raspberry/baileys version). I'm also of a younger generation so the tradition is alive and well here!!!

(Back on topics, Christmas drinks include kegs of cider, belgian pale, tony's bright ale, hefeweizen and Fourstars AIPA)

Cheers SJ

No chance of trifle dying off, Pumpy, I won't allow it :p It is one of the great desserts, and regularly served at our place (in both traditional and uber new age fancy chocolate/raspberry/baileys version). I'm also of a younger generation so the tradition is alive and well here!!!

(Back on topics, Christmas drinks include kegs of cider, belgian pale, tony's bright ale, hefeweizen and Fourstars AIPA)

Cheers SJ

There is hope for Gen Y yet ;)

Love your Logo Supra-Jim

Cant you just tell the 'affluent' amongst the forum members or should I say 'effluent'

God Stuster, you must have a few Bobs worth there!!

Merry Christmas

Thanks, Pumpy. I don't drink that many commercial beers actually, but decided to splash out. They won't be all drunk on the day.....I hope. :)

I'm sure you'll love the Saison Dupont. Great beer. :chug:

The Saison I made especially for Xmas consumption, has come up really well, but this thread has got me thinking I need to stock up on something special or raid the beer cellar

Christmas is looking pretty special. I haven't planned out the beer yet but I'll probably find occasion for some of the Cantillon in my cellar along with some Belgians and maybe my bottle of Russian River Consecration. There will also be plenty of good wine and a bottle of the Jules Verne Cidre Bouche (which I love with all of its great Brett funkiness).

That Sahti is great. AFAIK, it isn't traditional as it includes some oddball ingredients (like rye) but it was very nice and I enjoyed the rye spiciness.

Got a 750ml bottle of some random Belgian Dark Strong Ale I grabbed from Dan's, but I can't remember the name of it. Not LaChouffe or Chimay... Lafette? or something like that.

I think it is called Floreffe. I bought a bottle because the price is pretty good at $12.99 for a 750mL.

I have some AIPA on my new 9ltr keg...

if for some reason, I cant drink that I have a choice of

Murrays 2IPA
Murrays AA3
Deus

1) Rodenbach (not Grand Cru, unfortunately)
2) Timothy Taylor Land Lord
3) Unibroue Terrible

Will probably consume these babies Christmas Eve, as Chrissy Day tends to be more about quantity than quality.

Latest posts

Back