Have You Got Anything Special For Christmas Day ?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This was my christmas present to myself. :icon_drool2:

Unsure what to have, ive downed the two lagunitas, Firestone Walker and the 60 minute IPA so far. I think the 90 minute is in order with Xmas lunch. Unfortunatly it will be my only drink as i will be driving! :(

DSCN2124.JPG

All i have is two kegs of Aussie lager made with chinese hops infused with a wonderful aroma and taste of ******* BANDAIDS!!!!!!!!!! :angry:

All i have is two kegs of Aussie lager made with chinese hops infused with a wonderful aroma and taste of ******* BANDAIDS!!!!!!!!!! :angry:
Just chuck the shit and go buy a slab of Barons Pale Ale.

Sorry to hear that Steve, I've got me a keg of amber ale, can't wait to down it.

Aaron

Thanks guys. Looks like i'll be buying beer this year :(

Vertical tasting of Coopers Vintage 1998, 1999 and 2000 after dinner xmas day.

Only decision is which one to start with.......

I still have 2 stubbies of the 98 very nice indeed

I've saved 12 X LCPA pint stubbies full of my OZ Galaxy Pale Ale just for Christmas day. The nicest beer I've ever tasted.
Well I hope they will still be there, so far so good.

I have a few bottles of SNPA, Porter and Stout, some left over Mountain Goat Steam Ale, and various beers from the Sandgroper case swap that I'm very much looking forward to :D

I grabbed a bottle of Adnams broadside and a bottle of Fullers 1845 Ale to have with Chrissy lunch....Well the broadside was quite nice and I dont think the Fullers will make it past this evening either. They would have been wasted chrissy day anyway ;)

Brad

This was my christmas present to myself. :icon_drool2:

Unsure what to have, ive downed the two lagunitas, Firestone Walker and the 60 minute IPA so far. I think the 90 minute is in order with Xmas lunch. Unfortunatly it will be my only drink as i will be driving! :(

Now that takes a bit of beating Fourstar

ive got one bottle of the james squire rum rebellion porter ill porbably give that a go.

Steve if you was closer I would give you a keg to keep you going

Pumpy :)

homebrew - wise I have a massive stout.

And bottle conditioning a massive A IPA which wont be ready until New Years!

As for commercial beers I have:

Coopers Vintage 08 and Coopers Vintage 09

Knapstein Reserve Lager

Little Creatures Pale

Coopers Pale & Sparkling

and any other odds and ends in the fridge.

I think the 90 minute is in order with Xmas lunch. Unfortunatly it will be my only drink as i will be driving! :(

Do not drink this beer if you are driving. Not within a few hours anyway. I felt every single one of its 9% points when I had mine.

I've got another Torpedo and Lagunitas put away for the day - maybe the Arrogant ******* too.

Not sure they'll make it though.

[EDIT: Changed my mind - Xmas Night will be White Shield, Moo Brew and Brutal Bitter.]

ive got one bottle of the james squire rum rebellion porter ill porbably give that a go.

Wow. When was the last time they released this?? I remember trying it back in 2006?? I still have the bottle on my shelf at home ;) (Edit: Empty bottle!)

Knapstein Reserve Lager
I freaking love this. Obsessed with NS hops now as a result :)

I'm completely over ham, turkey etc and this Christmas Day I'm doing Sushi Californian Rolls washed down with an Aussie Standard Lager on keg.

Latest posts

Back