Hag 2008 Xmas In July Case Swap!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey I like the sounds of that Les. A slight competitive side to it. We are all blokes (except for the thirsty wench who makes a wicked dark) so a bit of rivalary is good for all concerned. Makes us stronger.
Brew on brothers
Lee

So, why don't you brew a weizenbock. Scared to be compared to Schooey's beer? :lol:

Les out :p

Well he is bigger than me......... but i dont see the case swap as being something to compete with people in...... just something to show off your brewing skills and enjoy others....... with the odd bottle bomb mixed in.

Les..... did you leave that yeast with mark? I dont have a wheat yeast ATM.

Will be at marks probably around lunch time on tuesday hopefully. I finally get a lazy day in the newey office.

cheers

Yeah Tony, the yeast is in Mark's fridge.

Just joking about the competitive bit, but you should still feel comfortable to make a weizenbock. Great for Winter drinking.

Hmm, I might have to try a Winter Warmer. I've been meaning to make one for a while now. I'll use the Matilda Bay Real Ale yeast which I cultured from a bottle of the same waaaay back. I hope it still fires. I only ever made one brew with it, and that was before I knew a lot about beer flavours. I wonder if anyone out there has any info on this yeast?

Les out

Your a champion mate.

I never feel uncomfortable brewing anything, except APA :rolleyes: I will see what happens but it could end up being anything. Will mainly rely on what yeast i have available at the time.

speaking of winter warmers, im thinking of going down the the garage and cracking some grain for a nice stout. I love stout in the winter.

Hi Ho, Hi Ho, Its off the brew i go. :)

cheers

Well folks, brewing confidence is at an all time low!

Im afraid in going to withdraw from the swap.

I just dont trust myself to be able to deliver a decent drop at the moment.

maybe next year

cheers

1. Loftboy
2. Schooey - Weizenbock
3. Pok
4. Peve
5. Leeboy -Belgian Dubbel Wyeast 1214 Belgian Ale Yeast
6. Shmick
7. Goatherder
8. Les the Weizguy
10. Punter
11. nooch
12. Trent
13. Keith the Beer Guy
14. Offline
15. Snagler
16. Colin
17. Smyth
18. Onescooter
19. ThirstyWench
20. RP

No. 9 needs to be filled again.

Not good news Tony, seems a little drastic though I reckon. All the beers I have had of yours have been top notch. I'm sure in the next 4 months you will be back on top of it all so why not give it a bit and see?

I do know what the feeling is like though. I was in a bit of a rut with mine for a while and although I'm not 100% happy with the beers I'm brewing at the moment I am a little more confident.

Cheers

yeah well im almost at 500 liters down the drain..... actually the mild will probably tip it over that mark.

I have F@#k all beer for myself to drink let alone brew it for others.

Im going back to 100% cheap ale malt beers with nothing but a bit of POR in it till i can make a consistantly good beer.

With interest rates ect, i cant aford to be throwing money away any more.

mo more fresh fancy yeast packs, no more expensive specialty grains, no more flash nops. Just bare bones brewing till im confident i wont have to tip the next one out.

at the moment i dont have that confidence.

Hopefully i will be back soon with some nice beers.

I had a list of beers to brew to enter in the ANAWBS, State Comp, Mash paddle ect but thats all called off.

like i said..... maybe next year.

I remember the years i spent living with depression well............ i feeling a bit that way ATM. Hopefully the stout will work out and lift my spirits.

cheers

Geez mate, that's a real shame. I hope you get on top of whatever it is really soon.

If i can get beers in bottles that are worthy, i will put my name back down if there is a spare spot left.

But for now......... i will sit on the sideline.

cheers

1. Loftboy
2. Schooey - Weizenbock
3. Pok
4. Peve
6. Shmick
7. Goatherder
8. Les the Weizguy
9. Stephen
10. Punter
11. nooch
12. Trent
13. Keith the Beer Guy
14. Offline
15. Snagler
16. Colin
17. Smyth
18. Onescooter
19. ThirstyWench
20. RP

No. 9 needs to be filled again.
Consider No 9 filled in. This time I'll endeavour to ensure I don't produce the tripe I made last time - and keep infections out!

If Tony reconsiders his position and wants No 9 position back the I'll gladly step aside and let him have it.

Regards

Stephen

Any suggestions on a beer to brew for this batch?

Unfortunately the AG setup wont be ready in time, and If I can manage to get it ready I don't think I really want to put my first batch in a swap. Could be disastrous :p

So any K+K+otherstuff suggestions ??

Cheers, Pok

1. Loftboy
2. Schooey - Weizenbock
3. Pok
4. Peve
6. Shmick
7. Goatherder
8. Les the Weizguy
9. stephen
10. Punter
11. nooch
12. Trent
13. Keith the Beer Guy
14. Offline - Scottish Ale of some type?
15. Snagler
16. Colin
17. Smyth
18. Onescooter
19. ThirstyWench
20. RP

I am afraid to say that I have to pull out of the swap. Today I put my house on the market and as such am going to be flat out fixing the joint up if I expect to get the return Im after (too much brewing and not enough house maintenance)
Perhaps I might jump in later if all goes to plan but at this stage I can not commit. Its a shame because I would have loved some feedback on my German pils I was planning to make for the swap - Drinking it now as I type "beautiful" !!!!!!!

Sorry guys, hope all goes well at the comp this weekend.
The list is modified with my entry removed.

1. Loftboy
2. Schooey - Weizenbock
3. Pok
4. Peve
6. Shmick
7. Goatherder
8. Les the Weizguy
9. stephen
10. Punter
11. nooch
12. Trent
13. Keith the Beer Guy
15. Colin
16. Smythy
17. Onescooter
18. ThirstyWench
19. RP

OK

3 good batches in a row........ i think i will put my name back down tentativly.

And a posible Rauchbier or Dunkelweisenbock, or Roggenbier, or whatever i think of on the day :)

cheers

PS....... Snaggler........ that cheeky "y" on the smyth....... that wasnt you was it. Its got your name all over it :)

1. Loftboy
2. Schooey - Weizenbock
3. Pok
4. Peve
6. Shmick
7. Goatherder
8. Les the Weizguy
9. stephen
10. Punter
11. nooch
12. Trent
13. Keith the Beer Guy
15. Colin
16. Smythy
17. Onescooter
18. ThirstyWench
19. RP
20. Tony....... NFI..... Lambic maybe?

I deciced!!!

Brewing this for the mash paddle tomorrow and there will be 46 liters of it so might as well share :)

Hopefully it will be out of CC by then.

cheers

1. Loftboy
2. Schooey - Weizenbock
3. Pok
4. Peve
6. Shmick
7. Goatherder
8. Les the Weizguy
9. stephen
10. Punter
11. nooch
12. Trent
13. Keith the Beer Guy
15. Colin
16. Smythy
17. Onescooter
18. ThirstyWench
19. RP
20. Tony - Maibock

Deciced? Is that the same as deceased? or diseased? or a combo?

That's OK. In your next incarnation you might be able to spell-check. :lol:

See? Nothing gets past the HAG pedant! B)

L :p

Im going to spit in yours Les :p

did i spell SPIT right ?

:lol:

hehehehe

cheers

PS......... I cause spell check software to lock up and burn out computers :)

Latest posts

Back