GUTEN

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Terrible news as I think I've just fried mine!! I was having trouble with the power switch it was blinking on and off so I eased out the switch to see if it was maybe a loose connection only id forgotten to turn off the power, the contact touched the machine shorteds out the house but now it won't turn on at all and neither will the pump which was working fine!!

Any thoughts? do you think I've fried the PCB or maybe just the switch? I was thinking the switch would need replacing anyway

Maybe just the switch Leyther, didn't Magicalpancake do something similar?

Mine wasn't flicking back like that it was on but flashing and cutting in/out, just the PCB switch the pump was working fine but I shorted it on the body of the machine and now neither work.

I've just ordered a $3 replacement off ebay so will try replacing it first, if its blown the PCB I might look at the robo gen 3 given its cheap at KL at the moment but hopefully its just the switch ive blown.

I wonder if keg king would be interested in a bulk buy? We order a similar amount and they can take their cut.
I was only interested in purchasing a GUTEN because the price was so good.

Yep, sounds like powers at be were doing what they could to delay us until the distribution contract was sorted...
Might just go back to hunting for a 2nd hand BM at the right price

I wonder if keg king would be interested in a bulk buy? We order a similar amount and they can take their cut.
I was only interested in purchasing a GUTEN because the price was so good.
Hard to beat the manufacturers price, always a good place to try and make a purchase, I don't think KK will be that interested in a BB but it never hurts to ask, best price would be wholesale, they have to get a return on their money.
I have been thinking of going to the China Brew & Beverage trade show in Shanghai in October, 900 exhibitors and there will be similar single vessel units on display but I haven't seen anything as good as the Guten on Alibaba.
Yep, sounds like powers at be were doing what they could to delay us until the distribution contract was sorted...
Might just go back to hunting for a 2nd hand BM at the right price
Doubt very much the lockdowns were anything to do with KK they aren't a sponsor on here so can't post or cause any mayhem, would be good if they did become a sponsor and did some Inkbird style giveaways.:)

Terrible news as I think I've just fried mine!! I was having trouble with the power switch it was blinking on and off so I eased out the switch to see if it was maybe a loose connection only id forgotten to turn off the power, the contact touched the machine shorteds out the house but now it won't turn on at all and neither will the pump which was working fine!!

Any thoughts? do you think I've fried the PCB or maybe just the switch? I was thinking the switch would need replacing anyway

Having seen a few of these sort of things happen now, (with similar circuit frying/melting issues that people are having with Robobrews), it's making me think that we Guten users should be providing plenty of air circulation underneath the unit during use, just like RB users are being recommended to do (eg. sit it on top of a milk crate instead of something solid)

<snipped> I don't think KK will be that interested in a BB but it never hurts to ask, best price would be wholesale, they have to get a return on their money.<snipped>
KK have been helpful when we have arranged BBs in the past. Certainly worth a try.
Please PM me if you go ahead with that option.

Was anyone getting in contact with Keg King? or can we stop with these "interested" posts?

As well as lespaul I would like to know is a 20 liter batch doable?

I can't see any reason why not, if the wort needs to overflow you top up the mash with sparge water. The overflow pipe is 2 pieces I suspect for this reason.

Was anyone getting in contact with Keg King? or can we stop with these "interested" posts?
The ball is in their court, they are keeping the name Guten I believe, it definitely would be a good promotion to do something on here but as they are not a sponsor it could be difficult.

Hi friend, we are also producing similar equipment if you interested, but how do we have the contact?

Hi friend, we are also producing similar equipment if you interested, but how do we have the contact?
The ball is in their court, they are keeping the name Guten I believe, it definitely would be a good promotion to do something on here but as they are not a sponsor it could be difficult.
Just heard from them that they are doing it so if there is a good introductory price it could make the scene quite interesting.

Latest posts

Back