GUTEN

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Depends on what the reply is. I am willing to take up the slack, the unit is one of the best single vessel units on the market, huge seller in Europe and comes from the same stable as the Grainfather. There are plenty of people who took the chance and bought the unit on this forum even those who don't post, I have the Braumeister and the Guten and the Guten has a better boil, and a better efficiency.

Any thoughts on a smaller batch size (~23lt) and HSA when draining the malt pipe from a comparatively higher level?
Or thoughts on mash thickness with reduced grain at lower volumes? (actually, this is more for Braumeister where it recircs the other way. I'll just leave this question here in case im wrong)
And if either of these issues would have any perceivable effect on final product.

Thanks for the feedback on the 50lt being able to do 2 x 19lt kegs.
Just wouldn't mind getting feedback on a single batch in this model.

Thanks for the work already WEAL
And if I haven't said already, I'm interested.

Q for those who own the 50L model, do you brew on the floor or on a workbench and how to do you drain from the machine?

I currently (30L model) brew on my garage floor as it makes lifting the malt pipe out easier for me on my own, when the boil is complete I get my son or mrs to help me lift onto a workbench and then I drain into fermentor.

With the 50L model there is going to be increase in weight in the mash tun and the machine after boil and I am wondering if this causes any issues, I'm thinking its going to be better to brew on the workbench to avoid lifting 40+L of wort. Given I'm not the tallest person to lift 10kg of mash out of a machine on a raised bench I'm going to need stepladders!!

Any thoughts on a smaller batch size (~23lt) and HSA when draining the malt pipe from a comparatively higher level?

HSA is relatively irrelevant here, as it is pre-boil. The boil should sufficiently deoxygenate the wort, and the time that will have passed will be inconsequential, given how little O2 would actually be introduced when draining the malt pipe/sparging

HSA is relatively irrelevant here, as it is pre-boil. The boil should sufficiently deoxygenate the wort, and the time that will have passed will be inconsequential, given how little O2 would actually be introduced when draining the malt pipe/sparging
Thanks for the reply,
Sorry for my loose explanation, but I had read that if you were to pre-boil your water before you brew, not only does it drop chloro-somethings and other not desirable compounds out of solution, but it also deoxygenates the water. I was under the impression that all oxygen imparted in the water throughout the brew is cumulative, and will ultimately show up in the final product. Maybe I have this wrong.
Regardless I'd say your point is still super valid, and in the end has very little to do with brewing in a 50lt GUTEN, as there isn't much you could do about it anyway!

TLDR:
Still would love to hear feedback about single batches.

Thanks!

Q for those who own the 50L model, do you brew on the floor or on a workbench and how to do you drain from the machine?

I currently (30L model) brew on my garage floor as it makes lifting the malt pipe out easier for me on my own, when the boil is complete I get my son or mrs to help me lift onto a workbench and then I drain into fermentor.

With the 50L model there is going to be increase in weight in the mash tun and the machine after boil and I am wondering if this causes any issues, I'm thinking its going to be better to brew on the workbench to avoid lifting 40+L of wort. Given I'm not the tallest person to lift 10kg of mash out of a machine on a raised bench I'm going to need stepladders!!

I have the 50lt and brew on an adjustable height ladder thingy, something like this -

upload_2018-6-14_20-40-33.png

When it comes time to lift the malt pipe, I step up onto the bench and deadlift the lot. The ladder thingy is very sturdy. I wouldnt try to lift the full guten by the handles, they look to be only spot welded on.

For anyone who is wondering about customer service. When i bought my 30lt it had a faulty pump straight out of the box. Its the same pump as the GF. I sent them a vid of the faulty pump not working and they sent me a pump no questions. I think they are keen to have a good rep for service in case it hurts sales. Maybe more in Australia as they dont have a supplier here.

i use a 40Lt crownie at the moment also sitting on one of those collapsable work stands above, for those wondering how to lift the larger malt pipe/bag ect without breaking your back. i use a boat trailer winch fixed to a wall trimmer in my garage, with a pulley fixed to a floor joist in the floor above my head (under house garage) i brew in the same spot everytime, works a treat, i got it on fleabay brand new less than $50. can lift the bag one handed lol.

Attachments

• IMG_5087.JPG
    IMG_5087.JPG
    947.3 KB · Views: 151
Hi guys.

I messaged them on Alibaba last night and got a reply this morning of they will not sell direct anymore and I should purchase from the new Australian Distributor.
Any Ideas of who this is as I'm interested in getting a 50L version.

Cheers Wade

Any Idea on the Price they will be charging? Can't see the 50L on their website.

Back