Guitarist.. Dean Guitars For Sale.. Brand New!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Phew...

Now who keeps dragging this thread off topic?!? :rolleyes:

Now, Dean guitars... I know 'Peace sells' but who's buying?

Tempting.....

Love Dime, but I think the Dime-O-Flame's frets may be a bit small. I've seen Dime live and he wasn't that big of a guy. Great pricing.

Do they come with a hard case?

Here's my pride and joy which I get out each day linky

Cheers.

Cucko - why can't I see any guitars in your shop? I can see them them listed via a search but in your shop I only see DVD's. Is it because I am going through ebay.uk.co (my work block ebay.com but not ebay.co.uk !??!)?

They look good but if I bought I don't know if I would pick it up before my LP Custom.

OT - sorry - Manticle - do you have any of your music online, MySpace maybe? Would be very keen to hear some. I like a bit of doomy stuff.

I know the real topic is deans guitars.
But the emerging topic is how many musical enthusiasts brewers there are...

Here's my bass, which i made when i was completely broke, and did completely on bits and pieces without compromising on quality. For example 4 string hohner bridge was gonna set me back over $600 and i couldn't pay bills at the time. So in a stupid idea of desperation I went into a newsagents, looked up the hohner phone no. in a guitar mag, rang them, somehow ended up at their warehouse, and the guy sent me out the 5 string tuning bridge for $40 in an envelope!
bass_maasai1.jpgBass_maasai.jpg
The carving is from Kenya. The thought of putting the carving on the end the way old viol de gambas used to be carved was what started the whole idea.

I also make harps, which started as ignorance (that'd be easy! Just a triangle with strings on it...) By the time i'd researched what was involved i had plans drawn up and timber sitting round and no idea how to do woodwork at the time... That's what started the journey.
harps.JPG

A cabinet maker friend, himself taught by an old man in Tassie, offered to teach me. We spent the first day sharpening tools and cleaning the shed, me thinking, damn,we'll never get this thing finished. After a few weeks i learnt to love the process, the tools, the timber, the sound of a well-sharpened plane shearing across the wood... And i started to tap into something very ancient in the rhythm of apprentices.... I began to see life is about journey, not destination.

And doesn't brewing for most people start off as, 'damn i'd like to make some cheaper or better beer' and end up as a love of everything about the process?

Ok, sorry for the off-topic rave.

if my missus let me that warbird would be mine

Oooo upright bass...tempting.

Some sweet axes amongst them there. Never played a Dean before.

That bump on my head has stopped hurting if that's what you intended to ask about.

Mmm.. jeff berlin bass is nice.

hey...
why dont dean make any semi acoustic, like a 335?

I would say because they are more about Dime and Dave style then a BB king target user!

I had a 355 stolen from the espi when I was gigging..... loved it too :angry:

Their motto should be: 'Dean, they sure are pointy'

As thanks for your concern I'd like to point out that these guitars are cheap as chips and aren't shit heaps. If anyone has a young bloke who plays and needs a haircut he'd probably be stoked to get one of these. You'll never see them this cheap and brand new ever again.

You two aren't in cohoots are you?

Nice guitars...unfortunately the little tike needs a cattle prod to pick up his guitar, so a big risk to buy him one of these for the future.

Nah, just trying to make up for taking it off topic the other day. They are decent guitar...just don't run with one - you'll have an eye out.

As thanks for your concern I'd like to point out that these guitars are cheap as chips and aren't shit heaps. If anyone has a young bloke who plays and needs a haircut he'd probably be stoked to get one of these. You'll never see them this cheap and brand new ever again.

girls play guitars also. My little girl just got her first acoustic. give her a year!

girls play guitars also. My little girl just got her first acoustic. give her a year!
Good to hear Katie. Bought my daughter a guitar a couple of years ago, but the other week she said "when I grow up I wanna be a drummer". :super:

Good to hear Katie. Bought my daughter a guitar a couple of years ago, but the other week she said "when I grow up I wanna be a drummer". :super:

classic... can she play guitar? My partner is a musician so lucky there finally no payment required to further her skills. Really like to put her through singing lessons also but to expensive. My partner also sings he is the frontman! Im looking forward to see what happens with the guitar!

classic... can she play guitar? My partner is a musician so lucky there finally no payment required to further her skills. Really like to put her through singing lessons also but to expensive. My partner also sings he is the frontman! Im looking forward to see what happens with the guitar!
Not yet. It was more a case of me wanting it more than her. 1/2 sized purple classical Ashton.
But that's enough OT.

Back