Gryphon Brew Day Sunday 22nd Jan 10am

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
is your boat for sale? how big is it?
Not for sale, its my retro Guardian 5.25m resto project. Got a nice retro Mercury Tower of Power (6 cylinder) for the back. :icon_drool2: and another spare one :icon_drool2: :icon_drool2:
I am as happy as a dog with two dicks.
Nev

like mine hey?

i have a 14ft glass runabout from the 70's its spilt into atm. new transom, new stringers and new floor. mods to the front to allow the anchor rope and chain to be neatly stored. the floor is modified to allow a 70L mackerel esky to sit in the floor and the rear bulkhead has been sunk 10mm for the two fuel tanks to sit cleanly. the worse thing is to flip the hull and fix the 4ft crack along keel. came down hard on a wave and it just flexed and cracked..

Photo0347.jpg

Photo0289.jpg

01012011.jpg

The kettle was just a keg cocko. The super bits are the grey box and the yellow beacon plus a little brown pump.

Yeah I had a wicked time thanks to Nev and Zig! That brown ale was going down a treat :chug: I'll have to get a counter pressure bottle filler set up going for next time so I can bring a few of my beers I hope you blokes have strong stomachs ;)

It was great to meet some fellow brewers and talk beer for the arvo, that's a flash little box you've put togeather Nev!

Annoyed that I missed the brew day, may have to stop past on my way home from work one night and take a look (and some of your beer).

like mine hey?

i have a 14ft glass runabout from the 70's its spilt into atm. new transom, new stringers and new floor. mods to the front to allow the anchor rope and chain to be neatly stored. the floor is modified to allow a 70L mackerel esky to sit in the floor and the rear bulkhead has been sunk 10mm for the two fuel tanks to sit cleanly. the worse thing is to flip the hull and fix the 4ft crack along keel. came down hard on a wave and it just flexed and cracked..
Yep , been there done that. Transom is fine as was everything under the floor just needed to replace a few soft sections of the deck. I need to get back to finish the glass work and then roller her on her side and strengthen the keel. Bolt on the power and rewire, hydraulic steering and I am on my way.Should only take another 5 years. :chug:

Nev

Annoyed that I missed the brew day, may have to stop past on my way home from work one night and take a look (and some of your beer).
Or wait till the brew day next month. I highly recommend you catch the train. Hope the Cluster bomber we brewed last weekend is ready to be randdled by then. :icon_drool2:
Nev

so what is this new coil brew thing, and is it availble for sale?

a case swap beer hey??

i got a beer fridge full of beer. English bitter, LFBA, two can, Willamette golden ale..., galaxy golden ale.... damn its full need a drinking session down here....

I had a great time, though probably had a bit more of the brown ale than necessary in the end....

If anyone has any ideas for more features for "the box" let us know.

-Zig

apparently the only photos of the rig were on a camera dropped from the Gryphone brewing helicopter as they fled the paparazzi at the end of the brew day,

Latest posts

Back