Noob Ag Brew Day @ Chappo's (brisvegas)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chappo1970

Piss off or Buy Me A Beer
Reaction score
Guys,

Having a casual brew day this Sunday the 20th September. I will be doing 2 x double batch brews 82lt in total, the first is my Golden Rye APA and the second will be Tony's Boh Pils (at the moment this could change). I could be convinced going for a triple if someone wanted in? I will be putting the newly updated "Sherman" through it's paces.

Sully will be gracing us with his presence so there will 2 experienced brewers here to answer questions, give advice, critique beer :chug: etc (anyone know who the 2nd experienced brewer is? :lol: Beat ya!) It's a great opportunity for someone thinking about getting into All Grain to see what all the humbug and fanfair is all about. There will be the usual Chappo house beers on tap being an Irish Red, APA, Stout and a specialty top secret brew may come out?

The brew day will kick off at 10am and should be all over by 4pm. I'm not catering so if you want to bring some nibbles and a sandwich if you coming over lunch time that would be great. I only have one rule and that is you must bring your own home brewed beer along, doesn't matter if it's good or bad or indifferent, just bring one of your brews along. It's what makes the day, trust me on this. Plus commercial beer, no matter how good it is, has no place at Chappo Manor on a brew day.

PM me if your interested and I will give my address and contact details.

Here's hoping a few guys take up the offer?

Cheers

Chappo

This does indeed sound interesting. I will of course have to check with SWMBO, as I may have an issue after the Bulk Buy pickup on Saturday heading out for another day devoted to beer.

And yes, I'm very upset you beat me to that punch line. It was perfect....

Sounds fantastic Chappo! :super:

Will do my best to get along- PMed.

hey hey

I'd love to check it out but I live in Melbourne :(

Dicko

This does indeed sound interesting. I will of course have to check with SWMBO, as I may have an issue after the Bulk Buy pickup on Saturday heading out for another day devoted to beer.

And yes, I'm very upset you beat me to that punch line. It was perfect....

Err.. you'll be more upset once you see it in action :ph34r: ! Mattese would be great if you can make it.

Sounds fantastic Chappo! :super:

Will do my best to get along- PMed.

You da man RdeVjun! I will put out the red carpet knowing your coming along :beerbang: .

I wanna know who first experienced brewer is let alone the second... :blink:

Plus commercial beer, no matter how good it is, has no place at Chappo Manor on a brew day.

BS. we all know you duck out back to have a XXXX Gold while no-one is looking.

Bugger, I'm working Sunday and would have loved to catch up with Rde as well. Is your oompa loompa guy from the other thread coming? Maybe PM him.
Have a good Sunday

BribieG

I wanna know who first experienced brewer is let alone the second... :blink:

BS. we all know you duck out back to have a XXXX Gold while no-one is looking.

You so beat me to that!

have fun guys... photos?

Sully I have 3 words for you GO GET STUFFED! :p

Is your oompa loompa guy from the other thread coming?
Double damn BribieG would have loved to had the chance of converting you from your evil heretic ways... :angry:
Yeah I PMed him no response but he wasn't a Oopa Loompa either. Anyone know where I can get one?

You so beat me to that!
Go stew some grains! :p

Bugger, I'm working Sunday and would have loved to catch up with Rde as well. Is your oompa loompa guy from the other thread coming? Maybe PM him.
Have a good Sunday

BribieG
Dang- would've been a right hoot if you could've made it too. :( Oh well, maybe next time...
:icon_cheers: !

hey hey

I'd love to check it out but I live in Melbourne :(

Dicko

Plenty of ppl in Melb who can show you, i for one can no worries. PM me if your free this weekend as im brewing.

Plenty of ppl in Melb who can show you, i for one can no worries. PM me if your free this weekend as im brewing.

Onya Fents :beerbang: and very kind of ya!

Sharing the love of the almighty beery stuff is what it's all about IMO. :icon_chickcheers:

I should stick butters in an express post pack and send him up :ph34r:

Well Chap Chap I will try and get there for a while just to make sure you use enough hops and close your taps. :lol: See if I can fit Sherman in my pocket on the way out.

Gavo.

Well Chap Chap I will try and get there for a while just to make sure you use enough hops and close your taps. :lol: See if I can fit Sherman in my pocket on the way out.

Gavo.

WhooHoo Gavo, :beerbang:

Look forward to it mate (if you can_. Sorry for the short notice it was more of a spur of the moment thing as I was brewing anyway. It's been way way way too long between drinks my friend look forward to catching up.

I tell you what if you lift sherman, unassisted, and put him in your pocket you can have him! Better have your wheeties that morning! B)

The following weekend I could of taken him up as hand luggage :ph34r:

Nige

ROFL!

0724bb.jpg

It's a close approximation but sorry butters does have less hair, yeah yeah! :ph34r:

Chappo,

If we finish the QABC judging on Saturday, I'll get the missus to drop me over for a while on Sunday.

Cheers,

mossy

Latest posts

Back