Goodbye Bronwyn

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
malt & barley blues said:
Wobbly is correct there, it has been adopted into the British Law, but it doesn't include stoning for an adulteress or chopping off the hand of a thief and some of the other barbaric punishments.
They adopted a very limited interpretation of sharia where it relates to family disputes and it applies only to muslims who willingly partake.
I am very against the idea personally - although we do change legislation according to various influences, including public pressure, I think having different sets of laws for different cultures within the same sovereign state is absurd.

It's a vast distance between that and what fear mongers would have you believe though and a far cry from the implications from the doc wobbly linked.
It's also another country with a significant population of muslims due to post colonial policies.

I can't see it ever happening here, I remember Enoch Powell when he predicted rivers of blood, wasn't that far off the mark when the Brixton riots eventuated, he wanted to give them money to bribe them to send them back.
I have also been in contact with the good and the bad Muslims the bad are few and far between but give them a good dose of education, and a hand full of books and videos by Chris Hitchens and the Quran turns to shit.

Enoch's speech. I have only done a brief study of the man, but I grew up thinking he was a racist right-wing looney. I think history will judge him to be a visionary. His rivers of blood speech I now believe was taken out of its true context. More study on my part is certainly in order. History is ignored by the modern world at it's own peril.

Yeah I still think he was a racist right wing looney. Give as much credence to him as I do Lord 'fisheyes' Monckton.

Hitler also made some good speeches according to some

So did Genghis Khan

So did Goerge W Bush

So did Sir Tony Abbott

Airgead said:
Crane drivers semi skilled? Really? Ever watched one of those guys flying in something big with poor visibility about an inch clearance on each side and high winds? That's some real skill there.

Skilled doesn't mean "works with a computer" or "has a degree" you know...
Skilled means you are hard to replace thus valuable to your employer........

52508378.jpg

I'll cop that fellas. I recently agreed with a couple of things that Bolt said, so I know there's movement at the station. Remember that Dan Hicks and his Hot Licks song, "I Scare Myself."

Ducatiboy stu said:
Hitler also made some good speeches according to some

So did Genghis Khan
I think old Genghis was to busy planting his seed to have time for speeches, no one would have heard him anyway, no mic's

malt & barley blues said:
I think old Genghis was to busy planting his seed to have time for speeches, no one would have heard him anyway, no mic's
Fark, he's finished bagging Aussie workers and the muslims, now he's starting on the Irish! Is there no end to it!.

Ducatiboy stu said:
Any one remember the Christian crusades.....Made Islam look like kindergarten play time
They may have been named as Christian crusades, but don't for a minute think they had anything to do with true followers of Christ. They may have believed and claimed so, it doesn't mean they were. At a very rough guess-timate, 90% of people organisations who do and say things in God's name and/or Christ's name are not following the way of Christ in any way whatsoever. And it's been that way for 2000 years.

Ducatiboy stu said:
Ok. Your xenophobic

Sharia law can never be implemented out here. Our system of law and political system does not allow for it

Why is pushing Sharia Law any different to pushing Christian Law ?
There's no such thing as Christian Law, can you clarify specifically what you mean here?

manticle said:
So some people demanded stuff. Big whoop.
Yep, and they got it too. They've been getting it here too, little by little.

They didn't get it though. No sharia law here anywhere, some weird tiny concession in Britain (which I think is daft and should be overturned). My point, as immaturely expressed as it was about the muslim changerooms was a reference to that. If the worst we have to fear is a toilet block, then I reckon we're ok.
As for Christian law- there are (thankfully few) fundamentalists who believe the many of the laws in the old testament should be realised in contemporary society. Worse in the states but they exist here. Fortunately no-one really listens to them any more than they listen to extreme islam/islamism but they're around, rubbing one out over nasty vindictive religious tenets from deuteronomy or numbers every night after flailing their skin and applying ashes as a salve.

You would (rightly) dismiss them as fundamentalists, lunatic fringe, extremists and suggest they grossly misinterpret the scripture's intent yet it's all written down in black and white in a big tome some take literally..

madpierre06 said:
They may have been named as Christian crusades, but don't for a minute think they had anything to do with true followers of Christ. They may have believed and claimed so, it doesn't mean they were. At a very rough guess-timate, 90% of people organisations who do and say things in God's name and/or Christ's name are not following the way of Christ in any way whatsoever. And it's been that way for 2000 years.
and yet you will blanket those that follow the Muslim faith all into the same 'basket' rather than using the same above logic/example

Latest posts

Back