Goodbye Bronwyn

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Or become one with the laws and respect rather than whittle away at the customs of this country, which has been happening.

Which ones though, i hear it a lot out there but i want to know what aspects of our countries culture are gone / going / changed .

Ducatiboy stu said:
Do you have trouble understanding that not everything you read in the newspapers is actual verbatim fact

Ever heard of journalists cherry picking comments to make a story

Never get the truth get in the way of a good story B)
If it is such a right wing newspaper why did it give a right to reply to the RTBU over the leaked document, when asked about the train drivers pay, why would he state that $140,000 is not what their pay is, but $90,000, that is not cherry picking.

Just keep your membership up to date with the Australian Skeptical Society, you must be their top performer, tell me did the Americans land on the moon.

I've been a long term member of the Australian Sceptics, you misunderstand the meaning of sceptic

Skepticism is a dynamic attitude to the world around us. It is not a dogmatic approach restricted by “accepted wisdom”, but a serious and sincere appraisal of claims of how the world works.
In the case of Australian Skeptics, that appraisal concerns claims of the paranormal and pseudoscience – claims that often seem to contradict how we understand the way the world around us works and apparently conflict with established scientific knowledge. This is not to say that such claims are rejected out-of-hand; far from it. Such an attitude would be cynicism or dogmatism, not scepticism.
http://www.skeptics.com.au/

malt & barley blues said:
If it is such a right wing newspaper why did it give a right to reply to the RTBU over the leaked document, when asked about the train drivers pay, why would he state that $140,000 is not what their pay is, but $90,000, that is not cherry picking.
Because it wants to be seen as "unbiased"

Did they publish the whole interview in entirety.?...Verbatim....?

I have no doubt that SOME drivers MIGHT earn $90k, and I would suspect they would be driver trainers. But I doubt the newspaper ( the suppository of truth to some ) wrote the article with all the facts, just some B)

Its OK MaBB. I have paid up your LNP and White Christians Party membership for the next 12mnths

Just keep your membership up to date with the Australian Skeptical Society, you must be their top performer, tell me did the Americans land on the moon.
Well according to those in the know, like astronoauts, they did

But I can understand your belief that it was all just a Stanley Kubrick production.

I would rather be skeptical that blindly following :)

Leviathan said:
Which ones though, i hear it a lot out there but i want to know what aspects of our countries culture are gone / going / changed .
Do we try to stop Muslim men treating their women like belongings? Treating them no better than cattle? They do, and I doubt if its going to change.

I think allowing this is changing our culture.

Do we allow some sort of legal pluralism?

I think that would change our culture too.

pcmfisher said:
Do we try to stop Muslim men treating their women like belongings? Treating them no better than cattle? They do, and I doubt if its going to change.
Maybe would start with men in general not treating their women like belongings

We seem to turn a blind eye when well meaning white folk do it

Agreed....there are segregated toilets at La Trobe labelled 'Muslim Only', the swimming pools at Monash.....for starters. Stealth being the key word, too.

A true reflection? You reckon without QSociety looking out for us we'll be seeing state sanctioned beheading and child marriage in Australia any time soon?

That is exactly what I just said, Metro has made a fair offer, but the train drivers don't want to make any concessions and in return want 18% .
If train fares increase, does the service operator make compensatory concessions to the users of the train service?

@madpierre: You're right but I'm pretty over the whole anti -Islam propaganda and I'm surprised at how entrenched it is within people.
I'm also over typing lengthy articulate responses with one finger on a smart phone.

No-one else's fault I know.

Is a separate changeroom (possibly funded and organised by the people who wanted it) really an indication of the end of things?
My response was not a lot worse than that stupid leaflet that tries to suggest we're all going to be marrying children in a forced theocracy due to the muslim menace.

Ridicule it all you like, it is the reality of what is happening here.....tell me how you know they are a bunch of bigots.

Edit: This was in response to #1758, the danger of not 'quoting'.

Back