Goodbye Bronwyn

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
manticle said:
They didn't get it though. No sharia law here anywhere, some weird tiny concession in Britain (which I think is daft and should be overturned). My point, as immaturely expressed as it was about the muslim changerooms was a reference to that. If the worst we have to fear is a toilet block, then I reckon we're ok.
As for Christian law- there are (thankfully few) fundamentalists who believe the many of the laws in the old testament should be realised in contemporary society. Worse in the states but they exist here. Fortunately no-one really listens to them anymore than they listen to extreme islam/islamism but they're around, rubbing one out over nasty vindictive religioys tenets from deuteronomy or numbers every night after flailing their skin and applying ashes as a salve.

You would (rightly) dismiss them as fundamentalists, lunatic fringe, extremists and suggest they grossly misinterpret the scripture's intent yet it's all written down in black and white in a big tome some take literally..
And that is why I say no true followers of Christ follow the old Law, as it was made obsolete upon Christ's death and resurrection. Anybody seekiing to do so are little more than the equivalent of the religious leaders of the day, and I would suggest are simply extensions of that lineage. I think I've said before, it was Christ Himself who tore the religious leaders of the day a new one for their hypocrisy etc.

SBOB said:
and yet you will blanket those that follow the Muslim faith all into the same 'basket' rather than using the same above logic/example
Because what is being done now in the name of Islam is exactly as it is proscribed they do. A big difference. Those who are recognised as moderates are actually not following their Law.

It's weird you can so totally dissociate half of the scriptures of the religon you claim to follow because it's not compatible with the society in which you live yet not afford adherents of a different faith the same luxury.

They are the same as you mate. Non- nutters, believe in a magic sky fairy and want to look after their own without hurting anyone.

I refer of course to the majority of muslims living within a western democracy.

madpierre06 said:
All good...I get the whole 1 finger/smart phone thing. The fact that there is a great deal of extreme anti-m hysteria does not rule out the fact that there is a great deal of measured critique of what is happening, which is treated with the same disdain as the stuff spouted by the jackie Howe, ugg boot and winnie blue brigade. I have met a representative of the Q Society...very measured, based on evidence and facts which are there. Trouble is, if you even seek to speak the truth of what is happening you can be hauled up on anti discrimination grounds.
I would like to see a single example of one of those items listed in the Q Society "Opposing Islam" having occurred in Australia and for anyone to have been hauled up on anti-discrimination grounds for having spoken out against it.

None of the below is occurring in Australia to anyone's knowledge and for it to be approved or ignored by federal or state government:

• Polygamy, with up to four wives and an unlimited number of concubines;
  • Child marriage, as Mohammed (the 'perfect example' of mankind) married a 6 year old;
  • Slavery, as agreed by all four schools of Sunni jurisprudence;
  • Killing of those who leave Islam, adulterers, blasphemers, critics of Islam and homosexuals;
  • Women and non-Muslims being second-class citizens and men can legally beat their wives;
  • Parents going unpunished if they kill their children, making 'honour killing' legal;
  • Punishments such as beheading, whipping, stoning, cutting off hands and throwing off buildings;
  • The imposition of a humiliating tax on all non-Muslims to support the Islamic ruling class; and enforcement of Sharia being a right of each Muslim, encouraging vigilante street ‘justice’.
And in addition, no one is being hauled up on anti-discrimination laws for speaking against any of this.

If anyone can show me a single example where of any of the above happening in Australia then I will most certainly eat my hat.

malt & barley blues said:
Wobbly is correct there, it has been adopted into the British Law, but it doesn't include stoning for an adulteress or chopping off the hand of a thief and some of the other barbaric punishments.
What? Sharia law has in no way, shape or form been adopted into British Law.

There's some weird acceptance in Britain of sharia judgements in matters of family disputes as I mentioned earlier.
That's the extent as far as I'm aware

wobbly said:
Sure there are and I know a number of moderate Muslims willing/wanting to co exist in a peaceful manner living by the laws and customs of their adopted country

Call me xenophobic if you like but the experience in other places of the world indicate that there are a significant number of radicals in their mist and they will work towards and demand the adoption of for example "Sharia Law" which has already actively been pursued by the Islamic Council of NSW but (than God) rigorously rejected by the likes of Peter Costello and Nichola Roxon when both in a position influence government policy on the basis of "One law for all"

If you don't think you should be concerned this is what has occurred in the UK and will be coming to a town near you in the future and when it does come those assimilated moderates will be made to comply under the fear of death

"In 2011, Britain's Muslims began demanding that Sharia replace British common law and become the only law in towns with large Muslim populations, including Birmingham, Bradford, Derby, Dewsbury, Leeds, Leicester, Liverpool, Luton, Manchester, Sheffield, Waltham Forest and Tower Hamlets, an East London Muslim enclave whose streets are already plastered with posters declaring, "You are entering a Sharia controlled zone: Islamic rules enforced" (below) and where Muslim imams now issue death threats to women who refuse to wear the Muslim veil.
In 2011, Britain's Muslims began demanding that Sharia replace British common law and become the only law in towns with large Muslim populations, including Birmingham, Bradford, Derby, Dewsbury, Leeds, Leicester, Liverpool, Luton, Manchester, Sheffield, Waltham Forest and Tower Hamlets, an East London Muslim enclave whose streets are already plastered with posters declaring, "You are entering a Sharia controlled zone: Islamic rules enforced" and where Muslim imams now issue death threats to women who refuse to wear the Muslim veil."

Wobbly
I'm from Leeds. There were never, and has never been, any demands by Muslims in Leeds that Sharia law is to replace British common law. I can't speak for Birmingham, Derby, Leicester or Luton or London (Waltham Forest and Tower Hamlets) but certainly in all those cities listed in the north, there has never, ever been any demand for Sharia law to replace British common law in any serious context, any more than there have been demands by British drinkers for the price of beer to be reduced. A single nutcase or small group of nutcases who have been quoted demanding one thing or another does not equal "British muslims".

And you know those posters declaring "You are entering a Sharia controlled zone: Islamic rules enforced"? They're put up by a bunch of idiots who believe that their posters hold any weight or value. They hold as much weight or value as a poster I could post up on my street here in Darwin stating "You are entering a Pommy controlled zone: Pommy rules enforced" - of which those Pommy rules would include:

1. Jars of Marmite are to replace all jars of Vegemite
  2. Cheese is no longer to be allowed in meat pies
  3. Ale is to be served at a cellar temperature of between 11 and 13 degrees C
  4. Debut is from this point onwards to be pronounced "Day-byou" not "Day-boo".
After a bit of google searching, this is the dickhead who has been putting up those signs:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2020382/You-entering-Sharia-law-Britain-As-Islamic-extremists-declare-Sharia-law-zone-London-suburb-worrying-social-moral-implications.html

That ******* numbskull has been locked up on a number of occasions.

I don't know where you got that bit of text from but it's bollocks. It's nothing more than fear mongering.

manticle said:
There's some weird acceptance in Britain of sharia judgements in matters of family disputes as I mentioned earlier.
That's the extent as far as I'm aware
Which is perfectly inline with the law, in the same way that any two families could have disputes dealt with by anyone they choose to, if they all agree.

If you and I had a family dispute and decided that Wobbly should make a judgement on that dispute, then we could do so. They do that all the time in the USA - Judge Judy. It's called Arbitration.

I think Wobbly would make an excellent Judge Judy should you and I have a family dispute.

The Pommy rules seem reasonable. Except for the cheeseless pies. It's not a requirement but the presence of cheese is acceptable. You must hate the idea of pineapple on a hamburger.

welly2 said:
Which is perfectly inline with the law, in the same way that any two families could have disputes dealt with by anyone they choose to, if they all agree.

If you and I had a family dispute and decided that Wobbly should make a judgement on that dispute, then we could do so. They do that all the time in the USA - Judge Judy. It's called Arbitration.

I think Wobbly would make an excellent Judge Judy should you and I have a family dispute.
Yeah I don't believe it warrants this hysteria. There was a great video clip a few years ago about a british anti-islamic
rally organised by some right wing crackpot fucknuts.
Interviewed one 12 year old skinhead with the intellectual capacity of a squashed grasshopper.

'Why are you protesting?'

'I'm protestin bout them bringin down their muslamic law over London'

'Which law?'
'The muslamic law. Over London'
'Yes but which one?'
'The muslamic one'

manticle said:
You have to say 'pommy person'.
'prisoner of her majesty what were borne out of wedlock' is probably politically correct. but pommy ******* is shorter and rolls off the tongue a bit easier.

almost feel sorry for the buggers when you put it like that.
(i did say 'almost'). :beer:

Pom or Pommy is fine, its the word that follows which makes it a racial slur, though Pommy ******* would be acceptable in an intelligent debate and quite legal, if a complaint was put to the HRC about a racial slur being made in this thread, the defence of it being an intellectual debate would be out of the window, reason being there are no intellectuals contributing to this debate. :)

welly2 said:
And you know those posters declaring "You are entering a Sharia controlled zone: Islamic rules enforced"? They're put up by a bunch of idiots who believe that their posters hold any weight or value.
After a bit of google searching, this is the dickhead who has been putting up those signs:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2020382/You-entering-Sharia-law-Britain-As-Islamic-extremists-declare-Sharia-law-zone-London-suburb-worrying-social-moral-implications.html
Not to long ago the exact same thing happened here in Melbourne, I can't remember the suburb, could have been Caulfield or St Kilda the Jews put up signs on the telegraph poles informing women they were to walk on the opposite side of the street

wobbly said:
I have some strong views on how some aspects of multiculturism will be the demise of the Australian culture which in my view is based on European Christian Values
Yep, and white European christian values spelt the demise of the values of the people who inhabited this country before it was invaded by white colonials.

JD

Just a note regarding the Muslim toilets at Latrobe uni and the hysteria they seem to have generated, Latrobe and other universities make a bucket load of money from full fee paying international students who come here pay full whack for their schooling then go home, surely making them feel welcome is a smart business decision. They still also provide a chaplaincy service for those who follow the catholic faith. Why not try and make your students happy and comfortable in their time at your institution.

Well2 questioned where the quote came from
I don't know where you got that bit of text from but it's bollocks. It's nothing more than fear mongering.

It was contained in this article and it didn't state that it was law it stated that "In 2011 Britain's Muslims began demanding that Sharia replace British common law and become the only law in towns with large Muslim populations, including--etc" followed by a list of cities. The same thing is happening today in NSW where the subject is being pursued by the Islamic Council.
http://www.billionbibles.org/sharia/uk-sharia-law.html

And this is an interesting read of how it could (note I use the term "could") happen in this country if something isn't done to stop/control the radicals and Iman's in this country that preach hatred for our values and way of life
http://www.billionbibles.org/sharia/islam-expansion.html

I guess no one believed that Hitler or Hirohito would sanction what they did in our so called modern times and more recently the Taliban in Afghanistan

You guys can bury your head in the sand if you like and whilst it (Shara Law) may not be any sort of threat to main stream Australian society today, agitation to adopt it will continue to grow and cause civil unrest and we the moderate disbelievers will be asking the question in the future "How could that have happened in our modern day mature civilised society"

Wobbly

Back