Goodbye Bronwyn

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
manticle said:
Really? Hell of a lot of discussion about something that hasn't happened then.
I'm pretty sure changes in law were, shall we say : very strongly implied by some posters.

So to summarise - sharia law does not exist in either Australia nor Britain and we should probably worry about other things.
I'm off down our predominantly muslim street to grab a kebab which I'll enjoy with beer.
Nope no one said the law had been changed.

Well I'm glad we can all stop worrying about nothing then. I know that idea excites me.

My kebab happened. So did my beer. Oh shit, it's happening again (the beer that is).

malt & barley blues said:
Nope no one said the law had been changed.
Wobbly is correct there, it has been adopted into the British Law, but it doesn't include stoning for an adulteress or chopping off the hand of a thief and some of the other barbaric punishments.
With all due respect, you said this back a few posts.

Now you're arguing semantics. Sharia law hasn't been "adopted" into British law any more than Judge Judy has been adopted into US law.

welly2 said:
Now you're arguing semantics. Sharia law hasn't been "adopted" into British law any more than Judge Judy has been adopted into US law.
I purposely inserted the word adopted your the one who is trying to interpret it as change not I.

welly2 said:
What, are you telling me that Judge Judy isn't a real judge?

Just to touch on the islamic toilet issue which has set so many keyboards a flutter...........There's technically nothing stopping me taking a shit in one of these things yes? Other than a bit of signage?

Because I've been known to use a toilet thats not specifically attributed my gender or level of disability when there is no other option.......Its not something I take pride in, but I'm out on the streets on a different location day in day out and sometimes a #2 needs to happen and the stall appropriate to myself is occupied.

I'd like to know what would stop me dropping off my kefir cosby kids at the pool in one of these designated halal drop off points.

If, and its a big if, the good lord Allah sets up some sort of infidel fire deterrent the moment I open the door.....than fair enough. I was wrong, there is a god.

Assuming the above doesn't happen......it would still be available for me to shit in yes? Much in the way I still shit in disabled, and less frequently, female toilets? Assuming I'm willing to ignore the signage? The plumbing would still receive my stool?

That JLM,
and I intend the pun,
IS THE THIN EDGE OF THE WEDGE!

From the Halal entry in Wikipedia:
"Exception if no halal is available
If there is absolutely no other halal food available and the Muslim is forced by necessity, then a Muslim is allowed to eat non-halal food in order to prevent death due to starvation."

I guess you could re-interpret this:
"If there is absolutely no other halal shit available and the toilet is forced by necessity, then a toilet is allowed to eat non-halal shit in order to prevent embarrassment due to explosion."
:unsure:

technobabble66 said:
From the Halal entry in Wikipedia:
"Exception if no halal is available
If there is absolutely no other halal food available and the Muslim is forced by necessity, then a Muslim is allowed to eat non-halal food in order to prevent death due to starvation."

I guess you could re-interpret this:
"If there is absolutely no other halal shit available and the toilet is forced by necessity, then a toilet is allowed to eat non-halal shit in order to prevent embarrassment due to explosion."
:unsure:
You, Sir, are a Lawyer

image.jpg

Latest posts

Back