Goodbye Bronwyn

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's funny how things change over the years. Go into any pub around Brisbane when I first started drinking in the 70's and you could chat to anyone about anything within reason, but talking politics and religion were always frowned upon if someone brought them up. I think most everyone understood that the personal belief.of others in these areas could be so important to them that they just respected everyone's right to be different and just made friends with the person as they were. I still do this.

malt & barley blues said:
I have stated before only time will tell how this multiculturalism will end, in the past Australia have accepted Italians and Greeks in large numbers all with Christian beliefs, Vietnamese and Chinese, Buddhist, Christian and atheist.
Christianity and Buddhism were spread in a peaceful manner whereas Islam was spread by the sword, they have so many interpretations of their own religion, and the only way they can sort out their differences is with violence and murder, just as the religion was founded.
Its no good saying well I know some Muslims and they are great, but their are those who live among us who have come to this country but still hate infidels
probably more than those of their own faith but different belief.
Time only will tell what the future holds.

This has got to be worth a few pages.
Fuckin seriously? Did you type that with a straight face?

From the crusades to the violent dispossession of native people in the name of christian civilization to the troubles in Northern Ireland, the history of Christianity is soaked in blood.

Let he who is without sin cast the first stone and all that.

Take a good look in the mirror my friend...

Crusades were not about spreading Christianity but getting the Muslims out of the holy land, Christianity is soaked in the blood of those who were trying to spread the word they didn't get armies up to conquer in the name of religion, I said only time will tell, you nor I will know the outcome of multiculturalism,
it has to be managed correctly.
One terror suspect a day is arrested in the UK, and the sad thing is a lot of them were born there.
Have you ever traveled to a Muslim country ?

I will just leave.
Best of luck wobbly and malt barley blues.
I think you're talking horsehit but I really can't be bothered anymore.

This is getting deep

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1442822048.846952.jpg

Allah Allah .....

Settle down and have a beer haha

I sent this photo around to my mates on September 11 saying "happy 9/11 , Allah Allah "

No one thought it was funny haha

Any one know how the train drivers are getting on....

Anyone found out yet how much they really earn..?

Christianity and Buddhism were spread in a peaceful manner whereas Islam was spread by the sword, they have so many interpretations of their own religion, and the only way they can sort out their differences is with violence and murder, just as the religion was founded.
You've obviously never heard of the Spanish and Portuguese Conquistadors.

goomboogo said:
You've obviously never heard of the Spanish and Portuguese Conquistadors.
Now THEY where Christians. None of this fancy Westrbro Baptist church crap, just full on Christianity

Have you ever traveled to a Muslim country ?
Any in particular, but I assume you mean Asia and South East Asia as they are the majority of 'muslim' countries (the fact you call a country a 'Muslim' country is part of the problem in the first place.. )

Last edited by a moderator:
Wobbly and M&BollocksBlues come on here with all this anti-multiculturalism rant, yet they themselves are beneficiaries of the very multiculturalism that they criticise.

It was Australia's generous post-war policy of bringing in immigrants from all over the world that gave these two the home they now have in Australia. They rode in on the same wave. In short, they are blow-ins from the UK. But that's OK, we take all comers.

But they are not Australian in the cultural sense. They are not the same as Aussies. Australians are a big, warm-hearted people. We take a man as we find him, good or bad. We don't lump all peoples from one country or religion into the same stereotype. But these two carry with them the same tired old hatred of foreign peoples that still resides in the heats of many Brits in the old country. It comes from the centuries of imperial exploitation of foreign lands, and the Brits haver come to terms that their empire has ended, long ago.

I suppose there is little to be said to them except the words they might chose to use against other immigrants to Australia, and that is if you don't like it here go back to where you came from. You're not welcome here.

Black Devil Dog said:
If he's a Carlton supporter, yes.
Just to defend myself against some wild accusations against my character............I lift the seat when I'm forced to piss in the ladies but do not always drop it after.........I do sit down to pee when the hangover requires, its a perfect place to hang your head in your hands and consider why you do these things to yourself as a grown man...........And as a stereotypical nine toed, 3 balled QLDER I follow rugby league and have no idea what the quoted statement above means.

Slightly on topic, todays highlights from the union witch hunt/inquiry (please circle your preference) was ******* boss. I wish I could find the audio I heard on the way home. Dave Hannah, bravo. In response as to why some dude from Mirvac (not real well known for their interest in domestic renovations, rather more so in multi million dollar commercial stuff) helped him out with his reno at his place in Cornubia (I LUUUURVE the fact his McMansion is in Cornubia.....I hope it has a bitchin' view of the Hyperdome [or whatever its called now]) Dave responds with "He's a good bloke, I'm a good bloke."

I'm convinced Dave. Now lets see some of those invoices you're waiting for. A few years down the track.

Feldon said:
But they are not Australian in the cultural sense. They are not the same as Aussies. Australians are a big, warm-hearted people. We take a man as we find him, good or bad. We don't lump all peoples from one country or religion into the same stereotype. But these two carry with them the same tired old hatred of foreign peoples that still resides in the heats of many Brits in the old country. It comes from the centuries of imperial exploitation of foreign lands, and the Brits haver come to terms that their empire has ended, long ago.
Well said.

Why are the racist bigots always white & christian ?

Cause you don't talk to enough people of other ethnicities ?

I'm sure there are some that aren't white and Christian out there

Black Devil Dog said:
The other racist bigots are non white and non Christian.
Correct, but I already knew that :)

Just wanted to know about the white christian ones

Black Devil Dog said:
Racism in Australia is pretty lightweight by world standards.
Not much of a silver lining on that cloud. Maybe child rape is worse in other parts of the world too?

Back