Goodbye Bronwyn

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Black Devil Dog said:
A good mate of mine is a Carlton supporter and a few years ago we had a bit of laugh about Carlton players needing zippers sown into the underside of their shorts, so that they could sit down to piss.
WEAL knows of one of Carlton's famous son's who was mixed up with some very shady characters, they made a TV series about them called Underbelly.

malt & barley blues said:
WEAL knows of one of Carlton's famous son's who was mixed up with some very shady characters, they made a TV series about them called Underbelly.
And the relevance of that is what exactly..?

manticle said:
:lol: Seems a bit like it. But earlier today while reading some of the posts in this thread something made me think of a very popular member who bared his soul and revealed his long term fight with depression. It started an outpouring of admissions by other members they were fighting exactly the same battle. I just started thinking that there are probably lots more people on here we don't know about silently suffering the same condition, and having so many negative heated debates might be pushing them away from a forum they joined to make friends on. I know it's an open discussion but the thread is like a continuous news headline that's one of the first topics visitors see, 5 pages okay but 97?

Shit I'm adding to it again now, so that's it I'm not going to post on this thread again :D

One terror suspect a day is arrested in the UK, and the sad thing is a lot of them were born there.
More than one white murder suspect is arrested per day in Australia, but there just isn't the same hysteria. Crime by "white" australians poses a far greater threat to our society than the perceived threat by the minority of the Islamic population who wish us harm.

Probably worth remembering the worst "terrorist" attack in Australia was committed by a white man in a little place in Tasmania called Port Arthur.

JD

mje1980 said:
Don't ruin the hysteria with fact please :)
Sorry MJ, I momentarily forgot that fact or reason has no place in political or social debate in Australia.

JDW81 said:
More than one white murder suspect is arrested per day in Australia, but there just isn't the same hysteria. Crime by "white" australians poses a far greater threat to our society than the perceived threat by the minority of the Islamic population who wish us harm.

Probably worth remembering the worst "terrorist" attack in Australia was committed by a white man in a little place in Tasmania called Port Arthur.

JD
I don't know why you have bought murder suspects into the equation, or why you have elevated Martin Bryant from mentally ill person to a terrorist.
What is your point.

I don't know why you have bought murder suspects into the equation, or why you have elevated Martin Bryant from mentally ill person to a terrorist.
What is your point.
What was the guy who held up the cafe in Sydney? Terrorist or mentally ill?

In my book anyone who murders large numbers of people with an automatic weapon is a terrorist.

My point is that the terrorism threat and the threat posed by our ever increasing multiculturalism is no where near as bad as it is made out to be by the inflammatory media and politicians. I was also making the point that while there are people being arrested for suspected terrorism offences in the UK/Australia/where ever, there are far more home grown Australians who commit crimes that undermine the social fabric of our country far more than those would-be terrorists we are all apparently so worried about.

I work in a hospital. I have never once treated a person who has been the victim of terrorism, however I have treated multiple people who have been assaulted, or who are drugged up to their eyeballs. Just the other day I watched a family turn of their son's life support who had been bashed by a drugged up bogan because he told him to leave his girlfriend alone. I wonder if they are worried about terrorism as well.

There are far more "white" australians doing far worse things to our fellow countrymen on a daily basis that have long lasting ramifications for our society than terrorists (or mentally Ill white men with automatic weapons).

Ducatiboy stu said:
The reason most of us are tolerant is because most of us grew up with people of different ethnicity as kids.

There are not many actual racists over here. Its just not cool
Its wholly possible to do that and still behave like racist. Did your neighborhood have a 'wog shop?' Mine did, the wogs name was Jim, and his kids went to my school. Dunno why we picked on them, but we did. They were of Maltese heritage, olive skinned so obviously looked a little different. You know what kids can be like. As a father now, I'd hate to imagine how how felt when his children walked in the door and announced the other kids had been calling them greaseballs and so on. It wasn't systematic bullying, but it still happened from time to time. I feel like a ******* **** even thinking about it. I was never taught this at home, so I guess it it was my introduction to mob mentality.
One of the reasons i encourage my kids to be as autonomous as possible.

Ironically, in my teen years we moved to a semi rural area where we were surrounded - literally - by market gardens and Maltese families. We were never short of lettuce or cabbage again.
More ironically, I've been happily married for -erm- many years - got to be at least twenty I recon - to a girl of Scottish Maltese extraction. So there you go. They got me in the end..

On a closer to on topic, topic, old mate Turnbull is slaying that ex ACTU hack Shorten in the polls.
All hail our venture capitalist overlord!

http://www.roymorgan.com/morganpoll

I was going to put this in the "hello malcolm' thread, but we're just a few runs short of 100 pages here.. Looks like Abbott couldn't have been happier about recent events, have a read:

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/tony-abbott-goes-topless-at-wild-farewell-party-after-being-ousted-by-new-pm-malcolm-turnbull/story-e6frg6n6-1227535045623

transcript, for those who can't get past the paywall:

Tony Abbott goes topless at wild farewell party after being ousted by new PM Malcolm Turnbull
SAMANTHA MAIDEN THE SUNDAY TELEGRAPH SEPTEMBER 20, 2015 12:00AM

Tony Abbott took off his shirt while partying in the prime minister suite the night he was forced out of the top role by Malcolm Turnbull. Source: News Corp Australia
A TOPLESS Tony Abbott celebrated his freedom on the night of the leadership coup by dancing with his shirt off at a wild party in the Prime Minister’s suite.
Party goers have confirmed that the former Prime Minister partied on until the small hours of Tuesday morning and was still firing off text messages at 4:30am.
But the 57-year-old fitness freak was not topless for long, with one witness revealing that “it came off, but it was back on pretty quickly’’.
The wild party in the Prime Minister’s suite included a marble coffee table getting smashed and staffers souveniring shards of marble for the history books.
Staffers used iPhones at the impromptu knees-up to provide the dance music.
Mr Abbott had declined to hold a press conference on the night he was rolled by Malcolm Turnbull, instead heading straight to the bar with his loyal staffers.
Treasurer Joe Hockey also hit the dance floor with assistant minister Jamie Briggs, who later surfaced in a wheelchair the next morning.
Hotel in Double Bay in April.
He denies he was injured there. Picture: AAP Image/Lukas Coch
Mr Briggs denied media reports that the injury was the result of his own topless dancing session on a table.
Instead, he insisted he was “seriously injured’’ after heading out on an early morning jog after the PM’s big party when he pivoted quickly. He faces a three month recovery.
However, it was an explanation that was widely derided by Liberal MPs and partygoers who insisted Mr Briggs was also “gyrating’’ earlier and fell over.
Several senior Liberal MPs also claimed a minister The Sunday Telegraph has chosen not to name had “spewed” in the ministerial wing.

A protective services officer charged with watching Mr Abbott also revealed he “slipped the net’’ on Tuesday night, thrilled to head out without a security detail.

Mr Abbott never fronted up at Parliament to question time for the rest of the week after resigning by fax machine in a message to Government House on Tuesday morning.
He later visited the Governor-general for afternoon tea and worked in his parliamentary offices to hand over to Mr Turnbull.

His fiercely loyal 60-strong staff fronted up the next day for a press conference in the prime minister’s courtyard, where they openly wept and cheered as he attacked back stabbers in the cabinet.
On Friday evening, the former prime minister was filmed strapping his kayak to the roof of a 1995 Mercedes-Benz 280 throwing a suit bag into the back, before driving off into the night.
He was accompanied by former press secretary Adrian Barrett.
His wife Margie left in a separate car with the family dog. Abbott later returned to host a Riverview school reunion.
Australia’s revolving door of Prime Minister’s ousted in late-night coups have traditionally always ended in a drunken blowout.

Five years ago, Kevin Rudd’s office famously plunged into the swimming pool at the Lodge in the middle of winter as they held a political wake for his leadership.
In 2007, John Howard’s chief of staff, Tony Nutt, who is also joining Mr Turnbull’s new office, was plunged into Joe Hockey’s Hunters’ Hill pool.
After Julia Gillard left office a wild party was also ordered, with Ms Gillard quipping after a big glass of wine that she might change her mind about instructing the Governor-general to swear in a new prime minister.
The party’s not over for the PM, with a final blow out scheduled at Kirribilli House this afternoon for his loyal staff.
The Sunday Telegraph can reveal that Richard Dowdy, the Liberal staffer who shouted an unprintable expletive at Mr Turnbull on the night after the spill has been boasting he plans to hire a large waterslide.
Mr Dowdy had proposed to use the terraced lawns of Kirribilli to power a huge waterslide allowing the Prime Minister and staff to “explode’’ down the hill.
A spokesman for Mr Abbott said he was well aware of the waterslide plan but insisted that Mr Dowdy was “joking’’.

Dave70 said:
Its wholly possible to do that and still behave like racist. Did your neighborhood have a 'wog shop?' Mine did, the wogs name was Jim, and his kids went to my school. Dunno why we picked on them, but we did. They were of Maltese heritage, olive skinned so obviously looked a little different. You know what kids can be like. As a father now, I'd hate to imagine how how felt when his children walked in the door and announced the other kids had been calling them greaseballs and so on. It wasn't systematic bullying, but it still happened from time to time. I feel like a ******* **** even thinking about it. I was never taught this at home, so I guess it it was my introduction to mob mentality.
One of the reasons i encourage my kids to be as autonomous as possible.

Ironically, in my teen years we moved to a semi rural area where we were surrounded - literally - by market gardens and Maltese families. We were never short of lettuce or cabbage again.
More ironically, I've been happily married for -erm- many years - got to be at least twenty I recon - to a girl of Scottish Maltese extraction. So there you go. They got me in the end..

On a closer to on topic, topic, old mate Turnbull is slaying that ex ACTU hack Shorten in the polls.
All hail our venture capitalist overlord!

http://www.roymorgan.com/morganpoll
Funny how every town has a Chinese takeaway and a Fish & Chip shop ran by Greeks.

I grew up in the Riverina which has a huge immigrant Italian population, the Mafia, the whole bit. We used to call them cat lickers cause they went to Catholic schools.

There was never any real racist hate like you see now. We used to have a dig at them but that was about it.

Family next door made the best salami & hams going and the Italians in general where wonderful people.

We have a bit of a thing or taking the piss out of people, but if ever they where in trouble we would be the first to help. Guess there is a line between racism & bigotry and poking a bit of fun and taking the piss

Most countries are multicultural,Australia is a multicultural country, the UK has a large Muslim population, we have to look at what is happening there to
get an insight into what we can expect here, as I said the trouble doesn't come from the initial intake, it comes from the offspring's of those people.
One terror suspect a day is arrested, that is on top of their drug crimes and assaults murders etc.
We are having trouble now, I am presuming it will escalate, 2 terror suspects have been killed and others arrested fortunately no one has been killed apart from the 2 in the Sydney siege whether he was mentally disturbed or regarded as a terrorist.

And you obviously do not know the meaning of conquistadors, has that got anything to do with religion, no, just a country expanding their empire,
Religion was a minor part in the devastation of the Incas and the Aztecs, it was the actions of the Portuguese and Spanish quest for power, and disease which decimated the natives.
To say religion played a minor role exhibits a total lack of understanding of the history. Your claim appears to be that of a Christian revisionist.

you've got him on a bit of a technicality M&BB. to spread catholicism was one of the goals of the conquistadors, but you're right, it wasn't the direct cause of the demise of the Aztec & Incas.

goomboogo said:
To say religion played a minor role exhibits a total lack of understanding of the history. Your claim appears to be that of a Christian revisionist.
Thats funny because even apologist religious scholars like Reza Aslan claim the activities of the Taliban and IS have nothing to do with islam.

Latest posts

Back