Fruit Juice In Saison Any One Tried ?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PryorBrewing

Reaction score
Putting this Bad Boy together from my Beer Captured book and was wondering if anyone had tried something similar.

Fantome Saison-style Ale

1.25 kg Belgian pilsner malt
170g Belgian aromatic malt
2.7 kg LDME
453g Wheat malt

14g Hallertau @60
28g East Kent Goldings @60

7g East Kent Goldings @45
14g Bitter orange peel@45
1/2 tsp crushed corriander seeds@45
1/4 tsp Crushed grains of paradise@45

1/4 tsp Crushed grains of paradise@10

Yeast Wyeast 3463 forbidden fruit

1 litre of strawberry and raspberry juice into secondary.

Will the most exotic brew i have ever attemped.

tough crowd

Perhaps it's the slight similarity to the recipe in your other thread. :lol:

I think you might have done better bumping that one. Or possibly nobody has brewed something quite like this. I would brew this and then let us know how it goes. Make sure you keep the yeast warm and as stable in temp as you can. What temp control do you have? What temp were you going to run it at? And I'll say it again, why not put the spices in near the end? You'll get more of the flavour and aroma from them if you do that.

+1 For putting the spices in later, everytime I've brewed a Wit I put the coriander and orange peel in 5 minutes from the end of the boil, "Otherwise its just for the neighbours" to quote Pierre Celis

I haven't tried this one. I think I will give it a try so that I could also experience the taste. Thanks for sharing the recipe.

One issue I see is that the yeast you have specified isn't a saison yeast....

could you recommend a sasion yeast that would seem right for the style of the beer. Looking to get it down this week.

Wyeast 3711

I do a saison with 1 kilo of acerola "cherries" dumped in at secondary - works for me anyway.

Back