Found a 60L Boiling Kettle..

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stiftung

Reaction score
I found this boiling kettle in a scrap metal bin. It seems to be in good working order. I haven't filled it with water yet, but it doesn't appear to have any damage. The element works.

Can I just get a basket for this to brew with grain?

BK1.jpg

BK.jpg

Good deal, though might be worth getting the electrics checked.... Wouldn't want to get electrocuted over a freebie ;)

Haha, I'll get it checked out and replace the fittings.

I'm pretty glad i found it. Ive been using 19l BigW pots, as I've have been trying to do it as cheap as possible so I wouldn't have bought one for a while yet I wouldn't Imagine

Great score, well spotted. :D
If cheap is the name of the game then def upgrade (from 19L stovetop extract perhaps?) to BIAB and No-Chill. All you need is some Swiss Voile or grab a BIAB bag from a sponsor (larger is far better than smaller BTW) and a cube, get your LHBS to mill your grain orders until you source a mill. Who knows, one could turn up in the next skip, or they do come up here for sale cheaply from time to time.
Enjoy!

Nice score.
No need for a bag as such, if you know someone with a Janome, just grab a couple of metres of Swiss Voile, cut the biggest circle you can and hem it around. And learn how to do a hangman's noose, and your'e brewin'

bag 1.jpg

Latest posts

Back