Plug for brew kettle - 32mm hole

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matthopperman

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm considering adding a 2200w element to my 50 litre brew kettle which I use for BIAB. The kettle I have had a few 22mm holes predrilled for attachments, and so it also came with some plugs (https://cheekypeakbrewery.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2022/05/B8.jpg). For the element, I'd need to drill in a 32mm hole, and I can't seem to find a similar plug for that size. Does anyone have any advice on what I could use as a plug for if I want to remove the element for LPG, cleaning, etc? I'm thinking something like a 32mm thread size plug screw (which I believe is actually called a 1" size??), and I guess a 1" nut and silicon washer? If anyone knows where I could get something like that, or know of something more purpose-specific, let me know.

And while on the topic, any other tips on if this kind of setup is a good idea (2200 w element for 23 liter batches, controlled by a temp controller and maybe a power controller to turn down the wattage during mashes/boils). I did my first all grain batch recently and found LPG to be a hassle and want to go electric (without buying another whole setup).

You could just leave the element installed, otherwise you need to get a 1" stainless bolt to plug it.

Going to a tri clover option would be a better solution as you can then just run a cap when you want the element removed

You could just leave the element installed, otherwise you need to get a 1" stainless bolt to plug it.

Going to a tri clover option would be a better solution as you can then just run a cap when you want the element removed

Tri clover would be better, but it looks like a more difficult installation. For one, it looks like picking up a hole punch that size is a bit harder than 22mm or 32mm, and apparently that sized weldless part can be more prone to leaking?

Tri clover would be better, but it looks like a more difficult installation. For one, it looks like picking up a hole punch that size is a bit harder than 22mm or 32mm, and apparently that sized weldless part can be more prone to leaking?
Had no issues with mine and I got a punch of Ali express pretty easily

Latest posts

Back