Font Disconnects - Which Ones?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Adrian,

I know I'm a pest but you seem to be the man in the know on these things. I've been studying those pictures and its taken me a while to actually get my head around the whole thing and how its going to work on my "pipeline" font. (man its hard to find any info on building a font or font parts online!)

Now if im following those pictures correctly there is a (machined with locating pins?) socket that is welded to the main part of the font. The end of the socket has a male thread. Then an insert nut, which the snaploc / pushlock adaptor screws into, is connected to a beer line which is then fed through the socket and then the insert nut is inserted into the socket where it is located by the locating pins. Then a retaining nut is screwed onto the socket holding in place the insert nut and creating a seal so glycol doesnt come out of the font (with the assistance of an o-ring on the insert nut).

Perhaps a picture will help. see attached
View attachment 20091027101301805.pdf

Now can you buy the (machined) socket for the font? or do I have to look to getting such a socket machined up myself?
Obviously I can buy the insert and the retaining nut?

Have I got this part correct or am I barking up the wrong tree?

I'm assuming then that the snaploc / pushlock or what ever adaptor then screws into the insert nut which I assume has a 3/4" BSP female thread?

Something tells me all these parts are going to be pretty pricey!

Cheers for your help so far its really appreciated.

Regards,
Kirk

Any one got any info on a source for the socket for the insert nut and retaining nut?

Where would I be able to buy some lockin shanks? I think andale have them (waiting on a response), but imagine they won't be super cheap.....

Cheers

MHB not quite gunna work. I did look at those fittings myself, but unless I put a pipe stub with a flange welded its not going to work.

I'm starting to wonder if I just get a bit of tube with a thread cut one end if that would work. If I need to locate I could drill a hole and insert a pin and plug weld it.

Well the last suggestion I have is a Taipan Tap Adaptor, the thread is BSP, so you can just weld some sockets onto the T Bar. The line coming in can be 4, 5 or 6 mm, just order the appropriate nut and olive with the adaptor.
MHB
View attachment 32387

There are a couple kicking around the shop, but they are an off the shelf Andale part made in Melbourne, give them a call on (03) 9335 1066, if you have any trouble send me an e-mail.
Hope the project works out for you, but I think its a whole lot easier to keep an eye on eBay, there are some real bargains to be had if your patient.
MHB

Cheers I'll give em a go tomorrow. Appreciate the help. Been a lot of help in this thread and via PMs and emails - appreciate it!

Komodo,

I too may be interested in the Taipan adaptor. If you get pricing for the part, could you please either post it here ore PM me.

Thanks

Ben

Will do!

Its a PITA that these items are so hard to track down online. Surely a picture with RRP indicitive pricing then "contact us for upto date pricing and availablity" wouldn't be that hard. I would have wasted half as much of my time nor theres if i could browse at my leasure to find the parts and part numbers then send off a list for pricing. Grrrr. Maybe I've been in stock procurement too long LOL

Hoshizaki Lancer has an alternate part that you weld into the fount. It does the same job but is slightly different. I'll see if I can source them tomorrow for you.

Lefty

Well I enquired and they are still looking into it for me.

*Watch this Space*

Lefty

Thanks Lefty.

Billgill I haven't had a chance to call Andale about that taipan adaptor. Plus im interested to see what lefty comes back with.

Not meaning to be a pain in the arse lefty but have you heard anything from Hoshizaki Lancer?

Don't go all secret squirrel on us now, others are also interested.

Thanks Lefty for the PM.

mika once I digest all the information I'll post up but I wont put prices up unless lefty says its ok - lets just I can see where a LOT of the cost of a commercially made font is.

Cool, not fussed about prices, just wanted to know what options are avialable. I've hopefully got a font on it's way to me, so this won't apply to me anymore, but I'm still interested.

Latest posts

Back