Snaplock fittings on kegerator font tower

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fdsaasdf

Reaction score
Fellow brewers,

I am seeking advice on adding Snaplock fittings to my setup. I have a kegerator with font tower serving 3x taps off 5/8" BSP elbow shanks like this: http://www.beveragefactory.com/draftbeer/towers/triplefaucet/d4743tt_stainless_three_faucet_beer_tower.shtml

Is it fair to assume that I could add https://www.craftbrewer.com.au/shop/details.asp?PID=732 or a similar 5/8" adaptor, then have the screw-on fitting go on my Perlick taps, so I can use the snaplock setup? Or are there bits that I'm missing to this?

Appreciate any advice you can give :)

Cheers

Pretty sure you can just remove the existing taps and fit the Perlicks straight onto the existing screw-on fitting on the shanks? :unsure: Or is there another reason you want the other fittings?

My Perlicks are just attached directly to the shanks, no other fittings involved.

Ok sorry if that's not clear, I already have a perfectly functioning tap setup :)

What I want is to be able to use snaplocks to a) space the taps out to fit my massive tap handles and b ) allow the use of a snaplock-fitted bottle filler that I have access to...

I see, yes I can appreciate fitting massive tap handles, have had a couple of issues with those myself. :lol:

Anyway, I'm not sure how it works with fitting snaplocks to a kegerator font, not tried that to this point. :unsure:

Thanks Rocker. Well the intention is for this thread to find out the answer once and for all so it can be publicly available to the next homebrewer who has the same idea!

Unfortunately I've no free time when LHBS etc are open for a quite a while, so unless someone experienced can share their thoughts here we'll be left wondering if 5/8" BSPM snaplock adaptors fit into conventional 5/8" BSPF shanks...

Have you contacted Craftbrewer or Keg King, for example, to see if they can check this for you with equipment that may be in stock?

Surely it's in their interest to assist you, as it may even lead to a purchase from the vendor.

Thanks Les, I've had good service from CB before, however I'm working quite long days at present and my hours at home don't overlap with when they seem to be in the office.

fdsaasdf said:
Thanks Les, I've had good service from CB before, however I'm working quite long days at present and my hours at home don't overlap with when they seem to be in the office.
Was thinking of a few lines in an email, as smokomark mentioned above. The response can then come when they have time to reply.

Latest posts

Back