Lancer font & Taps

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

azrelix

Reaction score
Hi All....

Fairly new to the whole home bar set-up's and I have tried to find as much information on the internet as possible but cannot find the answer to my question so I am hoping someone can help.

I purchased a Lancer Flooded T-Bar font on e-bay a few months ago for $400 (I think that's a decent price but I could have got completely ripped off haha) picture website

After this beauty arrived I purchased some taps (Perlick 525ss) from Connor Breware and purchased 5 taps and when they arrived I tried to put my taps on my font and to my disappointment they didn't fit!! (about 1.5-2mm to big!) I contacted Lancer and they said they do not support Perlick taps the only way to get taps to fit their font's is to buy ones directly from them for $100 + postage per tap....... I asked how/if I could connect these taps to the font I have any no reply to the email (no surprise really as I am going to be giving them hardly any money so just a "small fish" so to say)

So my question to you guys is can I connect the Perlick taps to a Lancer font?.. (maybe via a snaplock / fatlock connection?) I already have 3 locks but I am happy to buy a full set of 5 if I have to so they all match (I really like the look of both the font and the Perlick taps)

I think I may need #5 from this page but I am not really 100% sure on that :-(

Here are some pictures:

font
font 2
font connections
font connection 2
font connection lock
snaplock
snaplock 2

Also the locks that I have you cannot screw the outside of the font over the lock as the o-ring seems to be to thick and you cannot get the thread to start.... I think (from my very limited knowledge) it might be easier to get 5 x new male/female fatlock / snaplocks that fit the Perlick taps and the lancer font....

Any help would be greatly appreciated..

Thanks,
Daniel

I bought Lancer fatlocks to connect my 525s to my Andale font, so you should be OK. I got #1 and #5 from your linked page. The fatlockadapter screws into the font. The fatlock shank connects to the tap with a screw on collar which you'll also need. Then the shank just pushes into the fatlock.

Great thanks jonw...

I called lancer they were not very nice at all, they said to call Andale .. so called them and tbh they could not have been more helpful!.. I sent them some pictures and a link to this post and they got back to me within about an hour and told me what to get .. ordered it Wednesday and got here today!..

everything fits perfectly ...

here is a pic of it set-up! (not on my bar yet of course as that is still under construction!)

IMG_9253.JPG

Latest posts

Back