• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

EOI: 50lt Braumeister & All Grain Gear

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crusty

Reaction score
I'm looking for anyone interested, hopefully locally, that is looking for a great All Grain Setup.
I've been contemplating this decision for over 12 months & am pretty sure I'm going to pursue my other drinking pleasure that we don't discuss here. I need to fund my project & new setup with the sale of some of this gear & before officially listing it FS, I am just trying to get an idea of who may be interested. If there is enough interest, I will add photos & prices & we'll go from there.

1. 50lt Braumeister with thermo jacket, 2 piece stainless ball valve + short malt pipe for smaller batches. Perfect A1 condition, purchased last year from G&G & is the Gen 2 model that beeps at you when it's time to add the hops. Cost approx $3800.00. original tap available
2. 2500kg capacity, 4:1 pulley system, all stainless with rope, cost $200.00
3. MashMaster MiniMill. Cost $249.00, no hopper.
4. 4 x Perlick 650ss stainless flow control taps, cost $125.00ea ( With stainless shanks & JG fittings)
5. 5 x corny kegs, all perfect seals & all hold pressure. Cost $70.00 ea with seal kits ( Ball lock ) all black trim
6. Blichmann beer gun. Cost $100.00 approx
7. 2 x 4 way gas manifolds. Both fitted with JG quick disconnects on all connections. Cost $100.00 ea
8. 4 x genuine MFL gas disconnects + 4 x genuine MFL Beer disconnects. Cost $16.95ea Ball lock )
9. Stainless drip tray with splash back, purchased from Andale. Cost $147.00 ( 500mmx180mm )
10. Micro Matic regulator. Cost approx $100.00 with JG non return valve
11. 2 x 81 bottle bottle trees. Cost approx $60.00ea
12. Bench capper. Cost approx $60.00
13. Commercial magnetic stirplate. Can easily spin 5lt. Cost $280.00
14. Erlenmeyer flasks, 1lt, 2lt & 5lt. Cost approx $110.00
I'm sure there's more gear that I've forgotten so I may add to this list.
Please note that I won't sell unless I can offload the BM so it needs to go first. If that goes, it's all going.
PM your interest or discuss here.
Cheers

Rob.P said:
IMHO...

If you are going to sell, sell.... don't talk about it.
Ok. Thanks for the wisdom.
I'll knock $1000.00 off the BM.
Selling for $2800.00. Includes the thermo jacket, ball valve & short malt pipe.
The reason for the EOI is quite a few people might be interested in the extra gear like the kegging stuff leaving me with a BM to bottle my beers.

Crusty said:
I'm looking for anyone interested, hopefully locally, that is looking for a great All Grain Setup.
I've been contemplating this decision for over 12 months & am pretty sure I'm going to pursue my other drinking pleasure that we don't discuss here. I need to fund my project & new setup with the sale of some of this gear & before officially listing it FS, I am just trying to get an idea of who may be interested. If there is enough interest, I will add photos & prices & we'll go from there.

1. 50lt Braumeister with thermo jacket, 2 piece stainless ball valve + short malt pipe for smaller batches. Perfect A1 condition, purchased last year from G&G & is the Gen 2 model that beeps at you when it's time to add the hops. Cost approx $3800.00. original tap available
2. 2500kg capacity, 4:1 pulley system, all stainless with rope, cost $200.00
3. MashMaster MiniMill. Cost $249.00, no hopper.
4. 4 x Perlick 650ss stainless flow control taps, cost $125.00ea ( With stainless shanks & JG fittings)
5. 5 x corny kegs, all perfect seals & all hold pressure. Cost $70.00 ea with seal kits ( Ball lock ) all black trim
6. Blichmann beer gun. Cost $100.00 approx
7. 2 x 4 way gas manifolds. Both fitted with JG quick disconnects on all connections. Cost $100.00 ea
8. 4 x genuine MFL gas disconnects + 4 x genuine MFL Beer disconnects. Cost $16.95ea Ball lock )
9. Stainless drip tray with splash back, purchased from Andale. Cost $147.00 ( 500mmx180mm )
10. Micro Matic regulator. Cost approx $100.00 with JG non return valve
11. 2 x 81 bottle bottle trees. Cost approx $60.00ea
12. Bench capper. Cost approx $60.00
13. Commercial magnetic stirplate. Can easily spin 5lt. Cost $280.00
14. Erlenmeyer flasks, 1lt, 2lt & 5lt. Cost approx $110.00
I'm sure there's more gear that I've forgotten so I may add to this list.
Please note that I won't sell unless I can offload the BM so it needs to go first. If that goes, it's all going.
PM your interest or discuss here.
Cheers
what.... the.... **** dude!!

Cant that other stuff go in kegs? after all that with the change over from Andale to Perlick not long ago n all... (I still havnt forgiven you for it) this does come as a bit of a surprise must say..

must... resist... shiny... things....

Yob said:
what.... the.... **** dude!!

Cant that other stuff go in kegs? after all that with the change over from Andale to Perlick not long ago n all... (I still havnt forgiven you for it) this does come as a bit of a surprise must say..

must... resist... shiny... things....
Mate, I've been at this all grain caper for over 7yrs now & I'm wanting to brew other forms of alcohol. I've been toying with this decision for well over 12 months so it's no surprise to me. I contemplated leaving the beer scene when I purchased the BM & almost went on the new road trip back then but continued on. My wife's all for the new venture as she quite likes the odd drop but she's not keen on beer unless it's a shandy. I'm looking for a new challenge & this decision hasn't come lightly but after tasting some of Sp0rks finest last night at the Grafton show brew comp, it pretty much hit home it's where I want to go. It's time for change & It's been fun but it's time to let go.

I think no one on here has changed over and tried so many different systems than Crusty.
Remember when he got pitch forked for those yeast collection bottle caps? or the RIMS 3V setup he sold for close to nix? (even I was very tempted back then)

anyway, one word of advise, not knowing where exactly your new hobby will take you:
if you're getting anywhere near to producing something that's made out of one malt only, then you would be well of keeping your BM as this will be your best option to produce a good base beer.
haven't done it and never will, but theoretically it's a sound plan.

I will still be mashing but the BM is not necessary for that. If I could keep it & buy I would but need the funds to purchase the new gear.I still have my biab gear for the single malt mash you talk about & that will be fine to use for that purpose.

Florian said:
anyway, one word of advise, not knowing where exactly your new hobby will take you:
if you're getting anywhere near to producing something that's made out of one malt only, then you would be well of keeping your BM as this will be your best option to produce a good base beer.
haven't done it and never will, but theoretically it's a sound plan.
This is something I have been thinking about since last night & it's sound advice, so thank you.
Single Malt is going to be a big part of my new venture & using a 50lt keg boiler, the mash size & capabilities of the BM would in fact be the ultimate way to make the mash wash. So get your torches & pitch forks out because I'm going to keep it. The reason for me wanting to offload was the need to raise around $3000.00 to get set up for the new venture & saving that amount will be just about be impossible. I've got some other stuff I'm flogging off on ebay to help me get there, not beer related so I guess I'll just have to wait until I can afford it. A big thanks to you guys that questioned my decision & made me realize I might of been making a pretty hasty & ultimately bad decision. So go ahead & take the piss, I'll cop it on the chin.
Cheers

Your welcome. You can thank me with single malt.

Glad you came to your senses! No pitchforking required.

Dito to what Camo said, and bear in mind that he hasn't actually said anything other than claiming other people's advice as his own (if I wasn't on the phone I would insert some sort of emoticon here).

My last bit of advice would be to delete your address that you posted here a few weeks back to make it just that little bit harder for the ATO to find you.

Good luck with it! Even though non brew related put the links here for your ebay stuff maybe some of us can help you out with that.

Bridges said:
Good luck with it! Even though non brew related put the links here for your ebay stuff maybe some of us can help you out with that.
I'll stick a link to my GoPro on the ebay & Gumtree finds.
Cheers

I'm glad you decided to keep it. I was trying to work out how to buy it.

mckenry said:
I'm glad you decided to keep it. I was trying to work out how to buy it.

Crusty said:
Cheers buddy.
Yeah, it was something I didnt really need to spend another $3000 on, but really needed to buy....

Back