Feral Hop Hog...available In Bottles

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, I found some of these a little while back here in Melbs and it quickly rocketed up in my esteem as one of the more "American" beers available in this country (although I did think the I in AIPA should possibly be lower-case as it is at the low end for style, IMO). But, yeah, pretty much ephen-stephen with Murray's Icon for my money in terms of US attitude (Icon is probably a marginally better beer though).
Agree about Icon. For me the trifecta is Hop Hog, Icon and Alpha in no particular order. But then I like hops.

now if they start putting dark funk in bottles i will be very happy indeed.

I'm pretty sure it's been in bottles for months... I got a carton of it from IBS back in September.

Edit: It's nice in the bottle, but the bottled stuff doesn't hold a candle to fresh from the brewery or on tap. MintSauce and I had a few pints at the Sail and Anchor in Freo a couple months back and it was literally like being smacked in the mouth with a fist full of hops.

now if they start putting dark funk in bottles i will be very happy indeed.

Sadly bloke they commented on their Facebook Page that they won't put anything sour through the bottling line but they do plan on getting some more adventurous stuff out there :)

edit:spleeign

clanceys fish pub does it on tap for $10 a pint, bloooody marvellous, and well worth the 20minute walk from mine. beats paying $5 a stubby or whatever theyre charging.

what kind of prices is everyone getting?

I pickedup a boar pack last weekend. Im not a hop head but I do enjoy a good IPA. I like the malt presence unlike LCPA this actually has a malt flavour and body to it. Puts me in the mood to brew an English IPA.

Is it only the hop hog & the white that they're bottling currently? I had a slightly rushed tasting paddle at the brewery about a month ago & I reckon they only had the 2 beers in bottles. I'm not sure about the decision to put the white in bottles, I didn't think much of it but thought all of their other beers were excellent.

About the best beer going 'round ATM.

Yep, I love it! That's why I'm trying to create something similar at home.

It's funny that I stumbled across this thread because I was going to try and hunt down some bottled Hop Hog tomorrow. I'm gearing up for a second atempt, an iteration of the first experimental batch and wanted to compare my first to the real stuff side by side.

The only place I new of before seeing the few spots mentioned here to get it in bottles was the international beer shop. At $4.80 for a bottle and $52 for 16 bottles how does this compare to the prices in other bottle shops?

Just got a 4 pack for $19.99 from Purvis in Melbs... mmm!

Yep, I love it! That's why I'm trying to create something similar at home.

It's funny that I stumbled across this thread because I was going to try and hunt down some bottled Hop Hog tomorrow. I'm gearing up for a second atempt, an iteration of the first experimental batch and wanted to compare my first to the real stuff side by side.

The only place I new of before seeing the few spots mentioned here to get it in bottles was the international beer shop. At $4.80 for a bottle and $52 for 16 bottles how does this compare to the prices in other bottle shops?
I bought a case (16) a few weeks ago at First Choice Jandakot for about $50. Feral tossed the concept of a smaller case to get below the $50 price point on Facebook and got a pretty positive response.

Young and Jackson in Melbourne had this on the blackboard last week. My excitement quickly disappeared when I was told that they didn't have any. Am yet to try this beer.

Latest posts

Back