Feral Hop Hog...available In Bottles

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

keifer33

Reaction score
Just thought Id flag up that was just at my local Thirsty Camel killing time waiting for something at the pharmacy next door and noticed they had Feral's Hop Hog in bottles. Its in a 'Boar' pack which is a nice play on words.

Im sure it will be available at other outlets that normally stock Feral White so keep your eyes pealed. Hopefully its as good as at the brewery as the contract brewing of the Feral White definitely isn't the same but when I was last there they were talking about it being done on a small scale on site.

Got my Feral pint glass all ready to go when they are chilled.

photo.JPG

Wow, I sent an email to feral last week asking if the hop hog was out in bottles after noticing heaps of ads lately in beer n brewer mag and such............and got no reply.
must have been too busy bottlin'

What a great beer this is on tap. I have to get myself a 4 pack for boxing day me thinks.

I had this in bottles a couple of weeks back. The hop flavour is a lot more subdued than having it on tap, but it still rocks hard :D

About the best beer going 'round ATM. Bought a couple of cartons. I've had the tap at the Brass Monkey and the bottles and I don't see a big difference, it's excellent in both kinds.

Yeah, I found some of these a little while back here in Melbs and it quickly rocketed up in my esteem as one of the more "American" beers available in this country (although I did think the I in AIPA should possibly be lower-case as it is at the low end for style, IMO). But, yeah, pretty much ephen-stephen with Murray's Icon for my money in terms of US attitude (Icon is probably a marginally better beer though).

Where abouts in Melbourne did you find these Bum?

Cheers SJ

Where abouts in Melbourne did you find these Bum?

Cheers SJ

I'd put A LOT of money on Slowbeer.

Also to the person who mentioned the lack of email response; they are a bit behind the 8ball when it comes to email/internet/social networking crap. But the trade off is that their beer is tops!

Just checked slowbeer, and there it is. Thanks BB.

Cheers SJ

YUM YUM YUM!

I had a couple of pints of this at the Brass Monkey last week :icon_drool2:

I still havnt tried it! must get onto that.

That was the first beer I drank after landing in Perth - I made a point of it.

I really hope that it gains serious momentum, because it is a very good example of an accessible beer with lots of flavour. I can't wait for these to be household items, like in the US, because it opens up the scope for a host of other, less accessible, beers to be able to be accepted.

I like how my (effective) brother-in-law put it when I gave him a Hop Hog: "Wow... these small breweries aren't scared to go straight for those big *hand motions* flavours. I mean, everyone else just does vanilla."

Which Thirsty Camel did you get it from will be out and about tomorrow for work so will be able to grab some

I got it from the one in High Wycombe. Only had 1 or 2 left yesterday.

Back