Easter Brewing

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll definitely be brewing anywhere up to four batches over the long weekend...Have four empty cubes just begging to be filled....ahem...

Pillar of Stout MK III and Citra Summer Ale are definites, but may do another Rice Lager, and maybe a Mild or another batch of Aussie Old Ale. Also kegging a batch of Take Your Pils that is CCing atm, then I'll be close to having all seven kegs full - an Easter Miracle! :ph34r:

Just need to refill both the gas bottles as they ran out during my Breakfast Beers and BBQ with Batz on Sunday :)

Cheers

currently have my ginger ninja bubbling away in the fermenting fridge, if i get paid before i start work to morrow my xmas in july caseswap beer will get done friday, im only short 500g ldme and some 3787 (will cube and ferment later if nee be.) im fookin sick of t-58 don't go brew shopping pissed boys. iw alked out of my local with 9 pks of t-58 for some reason?

Will brew a Mild, as soon as I've built up my starter of WY1968.

Bottling my mild that's in the fermentor tomorrow then hope to get two batches done over the weekend (kids and SWMBO dependant)

Probably a Nut Brown Ale and a Kiwi Blond Ale

No brewy-brewy for me, despite the 40 odd kilo's of grain sitting in my garage, as it's all un-crushed.

So, first priority is to build the hopper for my mill.

Then, if I've got time, I'll be copying Operation Mongoose

I am going away over the weekend but I planned in advance and have a Hefe fermenting away nicely then on monday (hopefully) I will be brewing up a dunkel-weizen for the 3068 yeast cake.

Spending most of the weekend getting our old house ready for sale. Might squeeze in a brew if I'm lucky. Stocks are a bit low at the moment with one keg nearly ready to go.

I think i will be whipping out the little sister version of my xmas in july case swap beer, An amber ale based around Fat Tire. If all goes well i will then prepare for the 6.8% big sister version destined for the swap! B)

i think ill put down AndyTork's Chino/Dano lager (danish lager with chinese hops). as it needs to lager, ill get that done first.

if I get a chance to do a 2nd brew then it will be my King Cali Amber Ale (an almost imperial amber ale with cal common yeast)

and if i can find some good cheap ginger then ill bang out a gingerbeer

hoping to knock out a couple of brews on Monday.

A fair chance a Northern english brown will feature in there, and if I have the necessary ingredients (and once I have listened to the podcast) i might try and bang out Jamil's CYBI version of Blacksheep's Riggwelter Strong Ale.

I'm planning to do a couple of extract brews on Friday:

25L Resin Dog Pilsner on US05 (50g Brewers Gold and 25g Topaz @ flameout)
25L Dusseldorf Alt on 2565 kolsch yeast

Both fermented at 16 degrees C

I've never attempted either so no idea what to expect :huh:

hoping to knock out a couple of brews on Monday.

A fair chance a Northern english brown will feature in there, and if I have the necessary ingredients (and once I have listened to the podcast) i might try and bang out Jamil's CYBI version of Blacksheep's Riggwelter Strong Ale.
Good luck with riggwelter hopping... me, I can't be fuggled into it.

Edit, just finished listening to it, seems the clone was different hopping ot the stated interview. Retract, and planned to brew.

I think its a good chance to clean out the brewing stocks a tad. so I plan to put a turbo yeast down to use up some essence i found. A plain-ish pale ale to use up some ale malt and crystal malt + some hops.

This also gives me a reason to test out the new brew stand/setup/chiller etc and possibly inspire me to finally install the conical fermenter into the fridge. That said if i get 1/3 of it done i will be happy

Same lattitude as Tweed.... just a little farther West... ;)

Ever heard of Goondiwonderland? When you get there, you've almost made it

Ah must be Toobeer for a few more than 2 ,, haha been years since had a beer or 3 out that way ..

I've got a "4 shades of stout" from the recipe DB in the cube and a starter of 1187 being stepped up (a big one this time plus some beating of the wort in the first couple of days, I'm sick of stalled fermentations with this yeast). This will go in the fermenter over the weekend.

Also just ordered grain from grain and grape for a nice malty amber ale (hopefully). It'll be the first brew in my new urn and the first recipe I've put together myself so I'll see how it goes...

Started my Easter brewing today with a Schwarzbier and have a double batch of Vienna Lager ready to go down and might knock out a LCBA clone with 1098 if I get the chance.

3 brews planned for easter, my Golden Ale, an Oatmeal Stout, and a Barleywine

Paul

Not sure what I'm brewing yet; maybe some JSGA; but I plan on getting 6 cubes full by the end of the weekend.

QldKev

6 cubes Kev! Thats a bit flimsy, feel like doing a triple over the week end? :)

Latest posts

Back