Easter Brewing

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well here's my start to the Easter brew.

A double JSGA and single Aussie Ale, sitting and a slow chilling

easter1.JPG

That's not air bubbles on the aussie ale, its fresh hops straight off the bine.

QldKev

I'll definitely be pumping out three or four batches. Just had two kegs blow in two beers. And another that can't be more than a pint or two away! Damn it!!!!

Cheers

I'll definitely be pumping out three or four batches. Just had two kegs blow in two beers. And another that can't be more than a pint or two away! Damn it!!!!

Cheers

Better get your skates on then Young Nick. :beer:
Easter is 50% kaput in just under 5.5 hours.
I, OTOH, have plenty of time to mill my grain for my Tuesday brewday. :)

T

'tis OK Pete, will live off the other two taps for the time being :rolleyes:

Few equipment issues increased brew length incredible, didn't hit volume or gravity. Luckily watering down I hit my gavity and volume. Thx Christ for light beer!
Got a stuck sparge with just ale and Munich! WTF!

All done pitching yeast soon.

The 2 'nasty' brews cider and k&k :eek: will be tomorrow

smashed out an 80L batch of a citra apa, washed 10 kegs within an inch of their lives, two fermenters, mash tun and kettle is soaking now. I swear PBW is worth its weight in gold. Best cleaner ever invented. All my fermenters and kettle had beer stone bad and this stuff just wipes it away clean. Best brew day ever hit all targets and everthings shiny.

just finished cracking my smoked belgian dark strong and waiting for hlt to warm up enough. will see how it turns out.

Lay day today, crushed grains for tomorrow's wit last night and have everything else ready to go, including the starter ticking along nicely now.

So that's two down, one to go.....

I'm somewhat behind where I'd have liked to be, however have a Dark Mild fermenting away and about to mash in a Best Bitter. Might even get the rosella wit down today as well.

done and dusted an Irish Red, if I can get a gas refill i'm considering a Vienna Lager tomorrow

I'll be making a chocolate, coffee and oatmeal stout on Monday. I was going to do it today but got out of bed way too late.

Mashing away on a double batch of NZ Summer Wheat as I type. Had a bit of a stuck mash moment at the start but it's cleared up now!

6kg Weyermann Dark Wheat
2kg BB Galaxy

20g Citra FWH
30g BSaaz @ 20

Hoping to get a Dark Mild or Pillar of Stout down as well today, but it'll be a late one if I do. Maybe tomorrow for the both, and maybe even another AndrewQLDs Lite Rice Lager.

Cheers!

i had a shocker easter weekend :( migraine friday - which ended with me in bed for 2 days. I left the yeast starter on the heter pad "just to warm it up" and killed that starter ...... and the kegs just ran out with a 20ml beer

So i give up on this weekend its just not meant to be maybe...... I should go drink a VB to inspire me

I put down my first Lager batch on Saturday. Got a starter going Thursday with Wyeast 2308, Munich Lager.

Going for a malt-forward pale lager inspired by what I like about Carlsburg FOH.

3.25 kg Pilsen Malt (Weyermann Premium)

500g Maris Otter

250g CaraPils (Weyermann)

1kg Rice (long grain, gelatinized in 4L of water)

35g Hallertauer (Pellets, 6.3% AA, 60 mins)

I put down my first Lager batch on Saturday. Got a starter going Thursday with Wyeast 2308, Munich Lager.

Going for a malt-forward pale lager inspired by what I like about Carlsburg FOH.

3.25 kg Pilsen Malt (Weyermann Premium)

500g Maris Otter

250g CaraPils (Weyermann)

1kg Rice (long grain, gelatinized in 4L of water)

35g Hallertauer (Pellets, 6.3% AA, 60 mins)

Ha telepathetic

Friday I made:

NZ Hallertau Lager

4000 Barrett Burston Galaxy
1000 rice
330 Carapils

45 NZ Hallertau
S-189

And today

American Cream Ale

4000 Barrett Burston Galaxy
1000 Polenta dry weight then cooked
330 Carapils

20 Galena 90 mins
Wyeast 1050 ? American Ale

I've got ambers and brown ales coming out of my ears, time to lighten up :)

Just finished the protein rest on my Wit, and about to start the decoction...... Now I just have to remember to find somewhere to put the fermenter so it can ferment before I get that far! LOL

Just started the mash on

"Old Rifle Range Dark Mild"

2.75kg Maris Otter
250g Biscuit
200g CaraRed
200g Med Crystal
200g CaraFa II

10g Target @ 60
10g EKG & 15g Fuggles @ 20

Going with either the Ringwood(1187) or Whitbread(1099) yeast.

and then probably following up with

"Pillar of Stout (MKIII)"

4.4kg Maris Otter
385g Roast
250g Chocolate
225g Black Patent
95g CaraFa II

35g POR @ 60
30g Aus. Tettnang @ 20

Going onto the yeast cake of the above beer.

Cheers!

i wasnt going to brew but its wet and boring day so i will no chill a stout.

4 of Spades Stout

A ProMash Recipe Report

Recipe Specifics
----------------

Batch Size (L): 28.00 Wort Size (L): 28.00
Total Grain (kg): 5.40
Anticipated OG: 1.044 Plato: 10.87
Anticipated EBC: 67.8
Anticipated IBU: 38.2
Brewhouse Efficiency: 75 %
Wort Boil Time: 90 Minutes

Grain/Extract/Sugar

% Amount Name Origin Potential EBC
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
74.1 4.00 kg. TF Maris Otter Pale Ale Malt UK 1.037 5
11.1 0.60 kg. TF Flaked Barley UK 1.034 0
3.7 0.20 kg. TF Brown Malt UK 1.033 160
3.7 0.20 kg. Weyermann Choc Wheat Germany 1.035 1100
3.7 0.20 kg. TF Roasted Barley UK 1.033 1300
3.7 0.20 kg. TF Pale Chocolate Malt UK 1.033 550

Potential represented as SG per pound per gallon.

Hops

Amount Name Form Alpha IBU Boil Time
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
46.00 g. Wye Challenger Pellet 7.90 38.2 60 min.

Yeast
-----

WYeast 1275 Thames Valley Ale

Was going to brew yesterday Saturday as well as today but as we only moved house last weekend the brewery wasn't set up properly - still isn't actually. Unpacking as I need things!

Just mashed in on a modified Doc Smurto's Golden Ale. Second time now (was my first BIAB AG) so interesting to see if I can detect if I am doing anything better and also now using the three vessel system.

As well as cleaning the gar...brewery I am also starting to size up the chest freezer to modify a collar a mate gave me so I can move away from my one keg in the shared fridge. Knew it would pay off to buy the missus a new freezer!
Also have a party keg to start building...so much to do!

I managed to pump out a B Saaz Pale ale on Saturday and pitched a pint of US56 slurry I harvested from my previous brew. This brew is a bit of an experiment because I used the grain recipe for my Boh Pilsner but will ferment it like an APA just to see how the grain translates as opposed to my usual APA grain profile.

Today I managed to sit down and replace all the rubber poppet seals on 8 of my kegs and check them all for leaks. I had one keg leak the other week and lost about 3ltr of ale. :angry:

Back