Easter Brewing

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just finished my third for the weekend, probably going to take a day off tomorrow, wife will be at work, little one in daycare and I have an urge to finish a few games on the Xbox.

Another good brew day.

A boil is starting
IMG_1212__1280x768_.jpg

The final products
2 x Landlords (a double), my first time made with Maris Otter, hit 76% into the cube
1 x Budvar, made with real Saaz to compare to the Chinese Saaz, hit 74% into the cube.
so fairly consistent; and today I did not sparge with hot water.
IMG_1220__1280x768_.jpg

So add in the double JSGA and single Aussie Ale made 2 days ago it should keep me going until Thunus comes to visit :chug:

I still remember back before the Bundy Brewers

Before AndrewQld there was kits
Before Gregs and Thunus there was Single BIAB
And thanks to Henno and Budwiser for the motivation to keep trying things.

Now a double and single BIAB :beer:

QldKev

This weekend i have 5 days off :super: and Sunday is looking like a good day to brew:-

Robust Porter, XXXX Clone, and My Aussie Ale (completly and utterly revised - Dunno what im using yet :eek: )

ALL DOUBLE BATCHES!!! Plan to put 1 in a cube and the rest in the fermenter for all 3! The missus helped me fund the ambitious project, but i have to help her with the housework 2nite :angry: ! (annoyed GRUNT!) Yes dear i'm coming!............ :)

Gotta go!

_W_

EDIT: Hope everyone has a HOPPY ESTER (not a very nice thing to say i know, but everyone i'm friends with on facebook wont understand the joke......)

Just Finished the 3rd brew (Robust Porter - A bit of work in that one manticle!, sure it will turn out bloody nice though!) ive only done a handful of single biab's in the past, this weekend has blown me away! hit all volume and gravity targets, and filled all 3 fermenters and 3 of my cubes. More than impressed with my efforts!
Gotta give thanks to half of the users on the forum for giving me the info i needed (espicially Manticle, for your heads-up on the porter recipie) to brew the brews i brew all-so frequently..... Just gotta pitch my yeast in the morn, then relax for the rest of it!

Another good brew day.

A boil is starting
View attachment 36935

The final products
2 x Landlords (a double), my first time made with Maris Otter, hit 76% into the cube
1 x Budvar, made with real Saaz to compare to the Chinese Saaz, hit 74% into the cube.
so fairly consistent; and today I did not sparge with hot water.
View attachment 36936

So add in the double JSGA and single Aussie Ale made 2 days ago it should keep me going until Thunus comes to visit :chug:

I still remember back before the Bundy Brewers

Before AndrewQld there was kits
Before Gregs and Thunus there was Single BIAB
And thanks to Henno and Budwiser for the motivation to keep trying things.

Now a double and single BIAB :beer:

QldKev
Monster!

Heres the 138 litres I popped out over the Easter break. I would have to say It was a great weekend with 92 litres of E.S.B, 92 litres of Galaxy A.PA and 92 litres of Northern Brown, lifes good. :beerbang:
hopps.jpg

Kev, Id have to agree that the Bundy brewers are great people and great motivation, go the Bundy brewers. Looks like we have a few beers to sample. :chug:

Heres the 138 litres I popped out over the Easter break. I would have to say It was a great weekend with 92 litres of E.S.B, 92 litres of Galaxy A.PA and 92 litres of Northern Brown, lifes good. :beerbang:
View attachment 36943

Umm, 92+92+92=276, but who's counting.

Unless you mean you brewed 138L and consumed 276L, in which case I bow to you.

Umm, 92+92+92=276, but who's counting.

Unless you mean you brewed 138L and consumed 276L, in which case I bow to you.

Sorry for the typo, there actually 46 litre batches. 3 x 46 = 138 litres, my apologies. :rolleyes:

Gregs has that issue, over-exaggerating sizes :eek: :eek:

QldKev

Yeah thanks Kev but when it come to size Im just average, thats why I dont brew in the nude like some people. :p

just punched out 40L of Squire Golden Ale clone today all went well cant wait to sample it

Franko

zomg franko in brewing on red rocket shocker!

First AG over easter weekend went ok, appart from haveing slightly worse efficiency than ususal, 67% <_< I had been getting in the 80's with my partials. Also missed my temp by 1 degree, note to self, go buy a propper thermometer. But it's in the fridge now and in a few weeks I'll have a nice (hopefully) mid strength APA.

Back