Easter Brewing

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

winkle

Teach a man to fish and play golf, and you'll neve
Reaction score
I'm not going anywhere over the Easter break so it'll be a good chance to put down a series of brews , since there's two empty kegs looking at me and two others getting close.
First up will be a much delayed Mild, followed by a Rosella Wit (finally got fruit!!), a best bitter and probably a hefeweizen or a CAP.
Should be a good few days off :icon_cheers: .

I'll be staying in as well, brewing, my first AG now that I'm happy with the consistency of my efficiency, whoohoo. Should prolly go for something thats a proven winner, but no, I'm doing it the hard way and throwing my own recipe together.

I'll be staying in as well, brewing, my first AG now that I'm happy with the consistency of my efficiency, whoohoo. Should prolly go for something thats a proven winner, but no, I'm doing it the hard way and throwing my own recipe together.
Proven - Schmovin, that'd be the e-e-easy option. to quote RF, :

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I--
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference

Good luck, dive in, learn it-love it.

WHAT?! No DSGA?! I'm pretty sure that's a banning offence.

Good work, HB. Let us know how it goes.

WHAT?! No DSGA?! I'm pretty sure that's a banning offence.

Good work, HB. Let us know how it goes.
:D
Yep, hope it goes well.

I know I know, I was gonna go the DSGA, but I'm a bit of a rebel :lol: Will just be a simple APA though. I'm pretty confident that all will go to plan, after all the reading I've done over the last 2 years or so, and the last 6 months I turned out a few partials with good results. Pity I don't have the time to make all my brews AG, but oh well, I can still turn out a ripper kit/extract (IMO anyway :D ).

I'll be looking at doing 4 in 4 days, just haven't had time lately and thanks to being off work sick over Easter and the wife having a long weekend I can brew everyday.....

Best get recipe writing.

If I can get an arvo in, I'll be brewing up a Bohemian Pilsner I've had on the cards for a few weeks.

Just recieved a nice SS celi tap in the mail B) , will be enjoying that after brewday thats for sure. By by cheap arse Dorado half faulty tap

I had four brews planned, but decided to go get beer fed to me at Kirems place instead! My head will probably regret that.

It will be down to a single brew for the next Corio Bay Brewers internal comp.

I'd banned myself from AG brewing until I finished all my renos (walls out, kitchen in etc).
But then I noticed Easter and I haven't done an AG in months, so decided that rules are meant to be broken so ordered the stuff today.
I'll be doing a rice lager followed by a Dortmunder Export.

not going far so it'll be bottling a cerveza for me, first time bulk priming..... :icon_cheers:

Not brewing over the easter break, I'll be wakeboarding. Ordering some gear today to put down three brews next week - Helles Bock as a tester for the Vic July swap, sweet stout and a schwarzbier.

Not quite over Easter Winkle (Unless you count milling the grain bill Easter Monday arvo? :rolleyes: ) but a Roggenbier with a twist is planned for the Tuesday. First Roggerthelodger for a while.

T

ill be doing four brews over easter.start with a chocy porter,aussie lager and big ipa. number 4 still not quite decided on yet.might have a go at the riggwelter clone o cybi

Young's special london clone tester which I didn't get to brew on the weekend (ingredients only delivered today) and another brew to demonstrate how not to do it to another brewer - maybe a dry stout, maybe my alt-ish thing.

If I get time I may put down a simple Aussie ale too.

I am plum out of beer thanks to Franko, Pumpy, Hogan, Schooey and Les <_< . So I'm going to hopefully pump out 3 x doubles. An ESB, an APA and prolly a nice Mild. Hopefully this will all happen on Sunday after the kids get all zoned out on chocolate excesses. :p

Chap Chap

Need to get stocks up a bit so there is already a double Kolsh int he fermenter fridge and will be doing a double APA over the weekend. Might try the Citra hops in this one.

Gavo

I'm going to be away so I'm going to attempt a mini (10L) BIAB at the in-laws. Have to cart my own 20L pot to melbourne for the please, but hopefully will have a tasty Cascade/Amarillo APA to drink when I'm down there in June. I'll miss my mash/lauter tun though :(.

Back