Dry July 09

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah mate they definately do! Mid wife gave a bit of a chuckle at me, but then just went about her business...

If I was into kegging back then, it would have been a party keg for sure :super: Its all about being as comfortable as possible, for both you and her :lol:

Set back and watch the show ???? Im thinking that a little inconsiderate.

Day 2,

How we all doing fellas?

I slept like a baby last night, up before the noisy minahs for a quick 30km before work this morning. Beautiful sunrise.

cheers

grant
I started on Sunday say this is day 5 for me. I'm going to the MALE meet tonight and will have one or two, but that will be the only blip for the month. Imagine the ridicule if I order lemon lime and bitters :unsure:
Have been walking/jogging 4kms every morning since Monday and eating properly and lost 2 kilos so far.
If I can lose 10 by the end of the month that will be a mighty achievement for me.

Day 2,

How we all doing fellas?

I slept like a baby last night, up before the noisy minahs for a quick 30km before work this morning. Beautiful sunrise.

cheers

grant

Me too. Didnt even go for a hydrometer sample :icon_cheers: .

Day 3.
Not going too bad.

SWMBO & I went to a thai restaurant last night after work, and we couldn't remember the last time we dined out without a bottle of wine.
Shaz isn't taking part though... just was happy to stop after hitting the wines earlier at work drinks. "Very Happy" she was.

Set back and watch the show ???? Im thinking that a little inconsiderate.

Come on now katie, I was just kidding... I needed the beer to settle my nerves because it was so horrific

Don't mind saying I struggled a bit last night.

SWMBO was out, which means "Pie night" for me and the kids and I really enjoy a beer or three with my pies, so I was right in harms way. I made myself a nice cup of tea instead and overcame the desire. Self control is inherently satisfying I find.

cheers

grant

There is no way I'm going a dry July - I'm already dry 4 days a week and I'm in full competition brew mode with no empty bottles...its a wet July for me :icon_chickcheers: :party:

But good luck to the rest of you...

I must say it's easier to do the dry thing when you're doing it for a reason. eg, the donations.

4 days in and the tally is one beer down. I'm not real good at this 'dry' thing am I. Fortunately the quality of the food I'm recieving at the moment will make up for any consumption of alcohol.

OK.

I am punching my card in the bundy clock after trying to releive the taphouse of their Rogue Imperial IPA...

Spent Saturday at the bbq, ginger beer nearby, pouring wines for Shaz & her family. Strangely wasnt' tempted.
However I've decided that with hydrometer samples, a taste is acceptable. just not the full hydro tube. All in the name of science.
edit: might be kidding myself, but I swear my eyes were less bloodshot this morning.

I bottled 3 fermenters on Saturday night. Missed not having a beer while doing that. I did have a couple of tastes, just to make sure I wasnt bottling infected beer. All OK and should be ready for 1 August :)

cheers
Anderw.

Made 80kg on the scales this morning so that's 3.5 kg down since this time last week. My work trouse are feeling just that little bit looser this morning.

Also I note that my clear head has led to improved footy tipping. Gotta be happy with that.

did it fairly easy over the weekend... Even when playing snooker down the club..

I find it REALLY easy during the week as I dont drink much then anyway...

Havent hit the scales yet.. Not assuming much change though. Damn Honeycomb & Butterscotch Ice Cream!

Day 8 of 30 for me. Not too much of a problem, didn't sleep that well in the first few days, but ok now. Produced 44L of wort last night and had a milo at the end of the cleanup - but strange really. Would love a nice, cold beer....

Damn dry july... My work is having a section lunch at the Macquarie next week.
ARRRGH.

Wow... I've just realised that I haven't had a drink since the start of July, unintentionally! :ph34r:

The Ashes start tonight :)

Latest posts

Back