Dry July 09

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After the day I've had today, beer is happy juice right now.

I'm not participating fully, but trying to cut back on the weeknight consumption. No beers Mon - Thurs, a few over the weekend.

Cheers

What about a no alcohol August?

Batz

Not in for a dry one, but certainly a reduced intake, and with the food I'm eating, perhaps some weight loss. Course, depends on when I get sent home too :rolleyes:

What about a no alcohol August?

Batz
No, that's just plain silly Batz.

no no you guys have to make it worthwhile,two months is really stating something here, be an inspiration to the rest of us.
Loose a few more Kg's, fit as a Marlee bull, come on show us how it's done! Your not a girls blouse's are you?

Batz
Again, No.
Actually I'm doing SFA exercise... I really must get off my arse, but it's just so damn cold.

Ive really got to do it, but I have 4 fermenters full of yummy beer! We have something on at Nevilles in august and going over there and not drinking beer would be insane! But I have to start as Im getting married at the end of November!

Another weekend down guys.
I had the enjoyment of watching my wife & her friends get pissed. But I did get a bunch of empty stubbies at the end which I'm in need of.
And I boiled up an AG when we got home. Aaaah, nothing like the smell of Fuggles in the evening!

So who's up for a Wet August? :)

Sorry, wrong thread ;)

A workmate just bought me a golden ticket... Talk about temptation!
I must accept it... can't go insulting him by refusing it.

Well it was fun while it lasted, but I'm breaking the dry tonight.

cheers

grant

I will be honest here...

I am having about 5 cups of hop tea every night.

and not to mention the chocolate. Day 15 and going strong and have lost no weight at all 82kgs on day 1 and the same 10 minutes ago. Weekends just arent the same as I dont feel like sitting in the shed with the continuous call team watching AFL and checking to make sure my kegs haven't gone off.

August 1 is going to be a blur, 4 full kegs to get through.

daniel

Well it was fun while it lasted, but I'm breaking the dry tonight.

cheers

grant

Thats good cause I didnt make it past 4.00pm July 01. But I did buy wii fit and apparently I am a good jogger and a demon on the hula hoops :lol:

Brad

and not to mention the chocolate. Day 15 and going strong and have lost no weight at all 82kgs on day 1 and the same 10 minutes ago. Weekends just arent the same as I dont feel like sitting in the shed with the continuous call team watching AFL and checking to make sure my kegs haven't gone off.

August 1 is going to be a blur, 4 full kegs to get through.

daniel
Yep, I've lost zilch too. I guess the fact I make excuses for my lazy sorry arse doesn't help. But I'm going for a bike ride in parra park on friday.
Cashing in my golden ticket this weekend. Just past the halfway mark.

Man, I'm really missing beer at the moment.
I just love the flavour.
Does that make me an alcoholic???

I tell ya what, I have worked back every day this week solving problems.. I have had beer brought back for the long hauls by my manager, and have had multiple co workers say "well at least you have beer at home"... GRRRR tonight is the first night I am actually really missing one. *sips hop tea*

Man, I'm really missing beer at the moment.
I just love the flavour.
Does that make me an alcoholic???

** Yes and no. Yes you like to drink piss and yes you like to drink tasty stuff. Tastsy stuff does not mean booze.

Since I embarked on a 2 day on 2 day off boozaroonie I have explored the wonders of 'taste' in different avenues. I now drink some of the craziest teas from my garden and fridge and love it. I am yet to hop my tea but I am getting close to trying it. My 4 burner BBQ is chokka of drying out 'stuff' to make tea. I use the bbq as a hot house with the lid down and cover on it and it dries out herb great.

I guess what I am trying to say is yeah I love my hoppy brews but in substitute am loving my crazy creations in other ways.

** Yes and no :)

I can't remember a time when I have drank as regularly as I have this month.

I'm not deliberately going out of my way to be contrary - it just worked out that way.

Back