Dry July 09

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I didn't quite have a dry July, had a beer on probably 4 or 5 nights. But I acheived the goal of losing 10 kgs, in fact I lost 11.5!

Well done Pete. I fell off the wagon on the 20th and never quite got back on :(

cheers
Andrew.

I didn't quite have a dry July, had a beer on probably 4 or 5 nights. But I acheived the goal of losing 10 kgs, in fact I lost 11.5!
Haven't bothered stepping on a scale since week 1, but I'd say I lost f@$K all.

Haven't bothered stepping on a scale since week 1, but I'd say I lost f@$K all.

Im on my fifth day with out beer tonight will be the hardest, luckily our kegs are empty but 4 full fermenters. My jeans are already feeling a little looser... Ill keep going.

I started on the 5th and only broke a little for the case swap last weekend (Insight's 18 month old RIS was well worth it).
I cracked under the pressure of some long haul days 13+ hour days and have enjoyed a beer the last two nights... But I am definitely feeling better for it.

broke a little for the case swap last weekend (Insight's 18 month old RIS was well worth it).

Dan, it would have been a bit sad to miss that one. It was a very tasty beer. :icon_drool2:

Damn you FG. Turned up to meet him at the Mac for lunch, as I promised. Grabbed a squash, he comes back from the bar with a Middy of White Rabbit for me. (delicious!)
Oh well, last day... No one saw nothing right?

Congradulations to you all! You have really made me think..........about cutting down my intake! Im not gonna do anything "CRAZY" like you guys and not drink for a month!!! but i will try to have two or three days every week not drinking! :)

The dry part hasn't really worked out for me, except for last night when the mess didn't have any cold beer <_<
But I'm up a notch on the belt, probably due to the lousy food and stuck out here for another month, so the losses could well continue.

Yeah i was crook for a few days in July, one of those i didn't drink beer.... i was still sick the next day so i don't believe there is any link between getting better and not drinking beer.
I had a beer the next night and felt better, so the limited science experiment says that drinking beer makes you feel better and possibly improves your health.

I think i will spend the next few years investigating this theory by continuing to drink beer

I consumed 2 months worth of alcohol in a week in Queenstown. Seriously thinking about having a couple of weeks off it now.

Well done to anyone who managed to go the full month without. I hope you feel better for the experience and don't feel like it was a wasted month.

Cracked under pressure on the last night.
As already stated, we had dinner at my nutbag mum's.
Headed over to 1st Choice for a couple of bottles of white for Shaz... I was already considering it, and grabbed a Sheaf Stout.
Got home, unloaded the kids crap outta the front seat, and heard the bottles go CLINK.
Came back out to get the bottles and saw a pool of Sem Sav Blanc on the front seat.
Spent 1/2hr cleaning up, and then a good few min at each other to get the stress out.
THEN I spent another 15min screaming at this F##king pc screen and trying to get it going.

I now have a pint of Sheaf Stout on the go, and it is Beeeyoootifoool!
Feel good for the alco free period, but Never again...

Pete

Joo Lie is over people...... its time for a Wet August!

Back