Dry July 09

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man, I'm really missing beer at the moment.
I just love the flavour.
Does that make me an alcoholic???
Tell me about it...

Not missing the alcohol. Been able to pour a wine for my wife and not be tempted to have a sip (although the glass of SSB I got her at the pub today smelt beautiful).
But geez, I just miss the flavour of a really good cold, hoppy beer.

Can't believe I am reading this at 5:43am whilst heating up 4 slices of Hawaiian pizza washed down with an IPA and still weighing in at 74kg.......
Hmmmm...Crazy work hours are good for something lol.

On Saturday night I cashed in a Golden Ticket a workmate bought for me. Wisely spent it with SWMBO.
My Saison was first cab off the ranks, and OMG... Like a thousand angels dancing on my tongue.
Went down way too quickly. Followed that with my Medieval Amber. And then my Dark Ale with a dvd.
Felt a bit tipsy, but damn those beers were gorgeous.

I had a Leffe Radieuse in the fridge, but that's waiting for the 1st August.
I'm all set for the last 2 weeks now.

Last week to go... anyone else who's still in the game.

Cashed another ticket in on Saturday for a mate's Bucks night. 1.5L at the Lowenbrau, up for a Fat Yak & LCPA at the Australian, then back to the Buck's Local at Botany for a reschs draught... that last one was actually a bit of a palate cleanser.

Last week to go... anyone else who's still in the game.

Cashed another ticket in on Saturday for a mate's Bucks night. 1.5L at the Lowenbrau, up for a Fat Yak & LCPA at the Australian, then back to the Buck's Local at Botany for a reschs draught... that last one was actually a bit of a palate cleanser.

Not me,
The Rocks Brewery Red Ale at the Clarendon in Surry Hills was just too tempting last week.

:lol: I love this "cash in a ticket" thing. I think you've drunk more than me this month Pete!

:lol: I love this "cash in a ticket" thing. I think you've drunk more than me this month Pete!
My workmate who inspired us to do it has so far "cashed in a golden ticket" every weekend.
Classic.

Still, feeling pretty good for it, but I need to go empty some bottles next month.

im almost 100% dry for july apart from a solitary bourbon and diet coke that was bought for me by someone else with lunch near the start of the month, havent had a drink since the vic swap party at beerdingo's in june and will keep my dry state up till my birthday in august , wanna drink like nothin else but i made a statement so ill stick to it ..

I started my dry August early... So its being two days for me...

im almost 100% dry for july apart from a solitary bourbon and diet coke that was bought for me by someone else with lunch near the start of the month, havent had a drink since the vic swap party at beerdingo's in june and will keep my dry state up till my birthday in august , wanna drink like nothin else but i made a statement so ill stick to it ..

Some of those swap beers might go off, please drop them off at my house :chug:

Despite all best intentions, July has been one of the heaviest months for booze consumption for ages. I think I've woken up eight times this month moaning 'Im never drinking again, and this time I mean it".

Maybe a dry August for me ! Nah, stuff it.

Some of those swap beers might go off, please drop them off at my house :chug:

lucky i wasnt a participant in the actual swap then wasnt it dingo .... lookin forward to a beer though i can tell ya ..

Last day.
Dinner at my parent's tonight... geez, We'll be needing a drink after talking to my nutbag mum. Might have to stay up till midnight for that Leffe Radieuse.

Last day.
Dinner at my parent's tonight... geez, We'll be needing a drink after talking to my nutbag mum. Might have to stay up till midnight for that Leffe Radieuse.

ah give yourself a early mark... lol

Despite all best intentions, July has been one of the heaviest months for booze consumption for ages. I think I've woken up eight times this month moaning 'Im never drinking again, and this time I mean it".
Maybe a dry August for me ! Nah, stuff it.

Ha... i never knew your name was Fourstar!

For all of you, i raise my throffy chilled glass in admiration. Cheers

My liver wanted me to tell you it has a crush on you all!

Latest posts

Back