Dry July 09

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
come on Pete you know you want to... mmmmmm beer!
I'm just shattered... there I was, on June 30th, looking at my calendar thinking "Yeah july looks pretty quiet, I can do this!", and then this comes up.

Yes I want to, but I won't... Lemon, Lime & Bitters for me. :(

I'm just shattered... there I was, on June 30th, looking at my calendar thinking "Yeah july looks pretty quiet, I can do this!", and then this comes up.

Yes I want to, but I won't... Lemon, Lime & Bitters for me. :(

Your stonger then me....

If you close your eyes it doesnt count!

That right, over 40% ABV !

Sure, conveniently ignoring the fact that you would only drink about 5ml of the stuff, its still drinking - hard liqor at that.

Do yourself a favour, lay off the hard stuff and stick to beer on that day.

Yeah, I'm willing to overlook the bitters technicality.

edit: actually the real test was last night, cracking some grain at Doc's. If I can refuse a beer from his bar, I can definitely stay strong during a work lunch at a brew pub.
Oh please, kill me now.

Yeah, I'm willing to overlook the bitters technicality.

edit: actually the real test was last night, cracking some grain at Doc's. If I can refuse a beer from his bar, I can definitely stay strong during a work lunch at a brew pub.
Oh please, kill me now.

I was being very kind.
You know the usual first question as you come in the door. "Would you like a beer". Last night I didn't give you temptation.
Have plenty of good stuff avail at the moment too.
Must have been the quickest visit you have ever had to my place :p
Stay strong.

Doc

I was being very kind.
You know the usual first question as you come in the door. "Would you like a beer". Last night I didn't give you temptation.
Have plenty of good stuff avail at the moment too.
Must have been the quickest visit you have ever had to my place :p
Stay strong.

Doc
Cheers mate.
I enjoyed a handful of the grain with Lily (almost 3yo) beforehand. In her words "Tradala Ale... it's crunchy".

A muslim mate here in the office was thinking of us, and brought in some Bavaria 0,0%.
Apparently it's brewed without alcohol, compared with other non-alco beers.
What a legend. :beer:

I'll have a taste at lunch.

Did a search and found this pommy site. Amazing how much is out there.

[post="0"]alco free shop[/post]

I am impressed Pete. You are an example to us all.

I bottled the Jacobite Ale clone last night. My word is smelled lovely. Normally after I bottle there's a bit of spillage to mop up, but there was none last night. Steady hands and a clear head.

I am impressed Pete. You are an example to us all.

I bottled the Jacobite Ale clone last night. My word is smelled lovely. Normally after I bottle there's a bit of spillage to mop up, but there was none last night. Steady hands and a clear head.
I have had 2 hydrometer tastes... not the full tube, just a taste.

09072009.jpg

Taste, not too bad at all.
Reckon it's good for a party, as there's only so much coke you can drink.

Pete the lack of drinking has done something to your head....

Well, if you can go a month without alcohol but only 9 without beer... you know what your problem is :)

What about a no alcohol August?

Batz

After dry july comes alcho august :icon_drunk:

no no you guys have to make it worthwhile,two months is really stating something here, be an inspiration to the rest of us.
Loose a few more Kg's, fit as a Marlee bull, come on show us how it's done! Your not a girls blouse's are you?

Batz

I will be honest here...

I am having about 5 cups of hop tea every night.

hmmmmm wiezenbock, having done it last month im back on it.

Back