Dry July 09

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
im in the swing of brewing every weekend, so beer stocks are piling up....no dry july here :)

and im fairly skinny, so more beer and zero excercise here for me thanx :)

And all the fats bastards say "**** You!!!"

So, is anyone up for dry july this year?

I've started training for a long bike ride later in the year so will be swearing off for most of the month (with the likely exception of the 24th - NSW case swap day). Am aiming to lose 5 kg.

cheers

grant

I'm in. Doesn't mean I can't brew like a man possessed though....

The dry month has officially begun.

Good luck drysters :)

cheers

grant

My morning coffee is already being frothed to a cappuccino with my DTs... kidding.

My morning coffee is already being frothed to a cappuccino with my DTs... kidding.
My DT's stop once I have a coffee :icon_cheers:
As mb83 stated, brewing can still go ahead.

And from where I stand, I can officially taste the wort BEFORE the yeast has been pitched.

I might give it Monday to Thursday thing, but Friday to Sunday is quality time with my beer.

Dry-July. I'm in.

Not that I need to lose any excess lard (I am fairly active & excercise often), but I think my internal organs are shutting down, and my brain is a mess from overconsumption.

31 days till beer o'clock :blink:

Hydrometer samples aren't counted, right!

A dry month. You're all stark raving mad

I'm all for dropping a couple excess pounds but just up the exercise. That's it exercise and a balanced diet, and my diet is definately not balanced without beer :icon_cheers:

But I'll be thinking of you when I crack my first one for the month tonight

Sounds like everyone has gone soft!! Well soft around the guts maybe :p. I am having a reduced beer July, only drinking Friday and Saturday nights. Good luck to the dry dudes! BTW with the losing weight / keeping weight off I have found that a six meal diet plan works best - you don't get hungry and lose weight quicker. This is six small healthy meals, not six servings of maccas B)

I've been wondering the same thing and have decided that hydro samples in moderation are OK.

Good luck everyone. And Grant, I think we will need you to define moderation :icon_cheers:

cheers
Andrew.

Good luck everyone. And Grant, I think we will need you to define moderation :icon_cheers:

cheers
Andrew.

One sample per day after the krausen has fallen uintil you reach FG sounds about right. Mind you if you start taking samples in a pint glass that's probably not moderation.

im doing it from now until my first little one arrive..

MUST be sober for trip to the hospital!!!

but after that.... I have a bottle of Murrays AA2 to crack! :beerbang: :icon_drool2:

LOL, i remember that time myself.....Damn child was 9 days late too.....

As for a dry july, I just finished an epic amount of housework, the hopburst IPA is going down great right now.

Plus it's my birthday tomorrow, no way is that going to be dry...

LOL, i remember that time myself.....Damn child was 9 days late too.....

Try a 68 hour labour! by the time my (now x) partner got out all bottle shops were closed! ahhhh Perth!

mmmmm that hopburst :icon_drool2:

I cant kid myself dry any month

but after that.... I have a bottle of Murrays AA2 to crack! :beerbang: :icon_drool2:

Take the bottle of Murrays with you for the trip mate, youll need it ;) I had a 6 pack with me in the delivery room, and man, am I glad it was there!!!

Try a 68 hour labour! by the time my (now x) partner got out all bottle shops were closed! ahhhh Perth!

:icon_offtopic: Waters broke on Friday night, child was finally born on Monday afternoon....

Being stuck on a holding pattern and having just given up smoking, throw in no drinking.......

Actually, I have to start thinking about what I drink soon, we are buying a car again after not having one for over a year...

I've kind of got used to be able to go to the pub for lunch with the family and down a couple of schooners, need to rethink that now.....

Waters broke on Friday night, child was finally born on Monday afternoon....

Being stuck on a holding pattern and having just given up smoking, throw in no drinking.......

gee... Try that for 9 -10 months!

Back