Dry July 09

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
5kg is gonna be a hard ask without making BIG changes to lifestyle. Also hard to keep off such a rapid loss without continuing the same changes.

Good luck with it!

not hard at all bum i lost 7 kgs in a month merely by stoppin drinking full strength soft drinks and cutting back on the shitty take away foods i used to eat far too much of, have lost about 11 kgs in 4 months over all , but ive had a few big weekends amongst that to cause a stumble here and there ...

Yep, 5kg isn't a huge amount to lose in a month, especially if you up your exercise.

Thirty days hath September, April, June and November. All the rest have thirty one except for February.

Looks like the closest month for me is September :lol:

cheers

Darren

Yep, 5kg isn't a huge amount to lose in a month, especially if you up your exercise.

And keep it off? No. As Barra's own words attest.

Yeah, I need to demolish the little window box I have going. It ain't a verandah yet, and I can still see the tool shed... but I am worried about what will happen if I don't keep an eye on where all the imported timber is being installed.

Don't think i can do the dry jul, but i will sign on for upping the excercise. THis year i've been eating and drinking like a king. Starting to show!!, i look similar to my 6 month pregnant wife haha.

I'll get out on the floor ceiling ball tomorrow!!

I'm in for an 'almost' dry July, there are a couple of dates where I may have a couple this month, namely the MALE meet on Thursday and my 29th. Need to lose a few kilos too. :D
It's as good a time as any seeing as though all kegs are empty, they should all be full before August.

Good idea, Grant. Im in. I was only thinking about this a few days ago. It helps that i dont really have very much beer that is ready to drink.

Cheers
Andrew.

I'm in.
So that's the biggest brewday i've gotta count in as well, but technically I can taste the wort before the yeast gets pitched.

I'll have a dry Tuesday in honour of all you brave boys ! Now, which Tuesday ...... so many to choose from - probably not this week, nor the next .......... :icon_chickcheers:

im in the swing of brewing every weekend, so beer stocks are piling up....no dry july here :)

and im fairly skinny, so more beer and zero excercise here for me thanx :)

Good luck Grant.
I will support you with 4 days dry at the time.
Rotating 12 hour shifts ^_^

Good luck Grant.
I will support you with 4 days dry at the time.
Rotating 12 hour shifts ^_^

Would they be 7-7?? Sounds like one of the departments at my work....

I won't be doing a dry July, I want to keep brewing and the empty bottle pile is running out fast..

Thought about it..................nah bugger it, life is to short.

:chug:

Just read what this involves... epic is an understatement

Goodluck!

Thanks Cortez, I'm already having nightmares - but that could be sobriety related. :p

I am looking forward to having lots of beer ready to drink in August though. I've got three fermenters on the go at the moment, two cubes lined up after that and will be brewing a belgian dubbel later this week. Plus there will be the nsw case swap beer.

Truly excellent drinking awaits the patient.

Truly excellent drinking awaits the patient.

providing you're not a patient after being side swipped by a truck on the Hume Highway ...

or have had a heart attack ! :icon_cheers:

Dry July
Umm yeah, ummm hmmm ummm it's really great that you are doing that
ummm
well
umm

nooo

Keep up the good work holding the fort for us chaps...

Back