Dollar Reaches Parity...

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does anyone know here i can get a cheap a corny start up kit for my fridge?

One Monstermill-2 arrived in the post today 11days from ordering and it was on the weekend that i ordered.$214 for mill /hopper /baseplate.Was all put together in 15minutes.
I should have brought a crank handle after reading the threads on milling.Will be a wait till i can afford a DC motor to trick this baby up.

Still waiting on my Bruamiester which DHL are delivering 12 days and counting.Should be ready for when i pick up my bulk buy grain.

Does anyone know here i can get a cheap a corny start up kit for my fridge?

--------------------
*Guns are for show*Knives are for pro's*

Craftbrewer.com.au
Will help out with great advice to go along with it

Mike

The only problem is they use UPS not USPS and the postage for only two tap heads is.

UPS Worldwide Expedited SM $90.13

UPS Express Saver SM $93.10

UPS Worldwide Express SM $96.55

This is from an email i got from John @ Farmhouse Brewing Supply 10 days ago.
re:postage .It does pay to check postage before buying as we all know some have been burnt.
I read this as per complete set of one tap for the cheaper postage.

The shank combos are in fact 18.99 and a single shank is 15.99. As for the postage, I just estimated a small flat rate box to Australia and it was around $12.00, insurance will be around 1.75-2.25. If you have a group of people interested in purchasing then I will have to use a medium flat rate box which is around 27.00 international with around 5.00 for insurance cost. I can a large amount of shanks and faucets in a medium box and if you want you can get get some of these fine American hops I am offering. Let me know what you interested in, and final quantity, and a shipping address and we can nail down a final price.

nikobrew does a decent deal:

2.5 lbs worth of 0.5lbs packets in a $14 box
or 3lbs worth of 1lb packets in a $14

still works out to be ~$6/100g (depending on hop choices)

seems better than hopsdirect who quoted me that the smallest box was the $40+ medium

seems better than hopsdirect who quoted me that the smallest box was the $40+ medium

Mine from hopsdirect, and I got some more expensive ones (1 lb Organic Hallertau and 1 lb Cz Saaz as well as some US cascade), were about $5.60 landed per 100g, with a $44 USD medium size box.

I reckon judging by the space in the box you'd be able to get 5 lbs in one of the medium boxes, but don't quote me. They tend to overpack the 1 lb lots as well - mine was 500g, 520g and 530g.

This is from an email i got from John @ Farmhouse Brewing Supply 10 days ago.
re:postage .It does pay to check postage before buying as we all know some have been burnt.
I read this as per complete set of one tap for the cheaper postage.

The shank combos are in fact 18.99 and a single shank is 15.99. As for the postage, I just estimated a small flat rate box to Australia and it was around $12.00, insurance will be around 1.75-2.25. If you have a group of people interested in purchasing then I will have to use a medium flat rate box which is around 27.00 international with around 5.00 for insurance cost. I can a large amount of shanks and faucets in a medium box and if you want you can get get some of these fine American hops I am offering. Let me know what you interested in, and final quantity, and a shipping address and we can nail down a final price.

yeah thats much better! Just as usual the postage calculators on eBay and other stores are way out. Good to know another retailer that charges ACTUAL costs rather than pad it or be paranoid using the expensive courier option. They are suddenly great deals at Farmhouse.

I just noticed Hops Direct is now selling Pacific Gem (NZ) and Hallertau (NZ) for $15 a pound.

Of course it was done through a legitimate business,registered and ABN'd with an active account with Whitelabs and pretty much as a legs up for Canberra Brewers. To that degree it was pretty much part of the tour.
K

Thanks Kurtz, I thought it had been organised separately in the first instance but obviously I was wrong.

Hey guys, is there somewhere in America that people buy fonts and taps etc from(and had a good experience obviously)? I figure with the high aussie dollar I'll jump in on the buying!

Hey guys, is there somewhere in America that people buy fonts and taps etc from(and had a good experience obviously)? I figure with the high aussie dollar I'll jump in on the buying!

Look to post #304

Mine from hopsdirect, and I got some more expensive ones (1 lb Organic Hallertau and 1 lb Cz Saaz as well as some US cascade), were about $5.60 landed per 100g, with a $44 USD medium size box.

I reckon judging by the space in the box you'd be able to get 5 lbs in one of the medium boxes, but don't quote me. They tend to overpack the 1 lb lots as well - mine was 500g, 520g and 530g.

I was quoted the same postage costs, $44 for a medium sized box. The box fits 5 lbs of hops according to Hops Direct so I ordered 5 different hops in 1 lb lots. $AU109 for 5 lbs of hops delivered to my door. Should be here any day now :super:

We just broke parity, (a couple hours after you posted) 1.00117 It'll be interesting to see how far it goes, we're in uncharted territory now :icon_cheers:

We broke parity like a week or 2 ago, just dipped below again :) FWIW according to the RBA and XE we're still under...

We broke parity like a week or 2 ago, just dipped below again :) FWIW according to the RBA and XE we're still under...

Yes, I just looked back and my AUDUSD chart shows a high of 1.00023 on 15-10-2010 at approx 2pm. I guess there's a million different platforms/market makers around the globe quoting different prices.

Anyways, I have grabbed a monster mill and 2.7 Kg of hops from the US while it's sitting good for importers :icon_cheers:

i put my order down yesterday at 0.95, then today the RBA UNEXPECTEDLY push the rate up which is why its risen again!

:angry:

WTF is that supposed to mean?
It means that original New Zealanders have a far more healthy and participatory role within their country and its society than the original Australians do here. I reckon it's a fair point. Having worked over in NZ a little I've seen first hand that Maori culture is well respected and an accepted part of normal NZ life. The recent death of an elder monarch, Princess Piki Paki saw live television coverage of the funeral and a national week of moarning - wouldn't happen here.

Back