Do You Ever Get Carried Away In Your Home Brew Shop ?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:huh: oh dear..... :chug: Murcluf the meerkat at work, gotta love his little soul...:lol:

as for this thread - how the hell do you think I ended up with a homebrew shop in the first place? (I reckon Ross is the same too :lol: )

yea iam a brew shopaholic PHEW! that felt better and now there's a new one 5mins away from the home brew store i go to so naturally you have to support both . right?

Free your soul fellow brewers free your soul confess to the Lord you are BrewShopaholics
Now there is a new word
Alleluia repent your sins and be saved,admit the hops you bought just in case so you could covet them.repent and be saved I say.God this is difficult ,On my IPhone in bed my arm is so hurty
Pumpy

Free your soul fellow brewers free your soul confess to the Lord you are BrewShopaholics
Now there is a new word
Alleluia repent your sins and be saved,admit the hops you bought just in case so you could covet them.repent and be saved I say.God this is difficult ,On my IPhone in bed my arm is so hurty
Pumpy

ROTFLMAO

But yes CB + me = lots of money spent!

I went to buy a kilo of rice hulls and some line cleaner about $18 worth from the Home brew shop but got carried away :unsure:

ended up with 3 kg rice hulls
yeast nutrient
light malt
Sanitiser
Filter housing
file of Dry English liquid yeast

total $86 .35 :eek:

had to pay cash so SWMBO dont notice it coming off the AMEX card ;) , the kids will have to go without a new pair of school shoes, damn they have all grown up and gone to Uni , I will just have to spend the kids Inheritance .

Pumpy

LOL Pumpy.

I now have a standard formula for what a brew costs me. It's...

x + 3x = y

x = What you meticulously work out it will cost you in grain, gas, hops and yeast.

y = what you end up buying. (Often known as, "why?")

I so need to have a garage / brewery sale.

Spot ya mate :),
Pat

Yeah I just went in to buy some yeast...

Came out with 2x 60L fermenters, 4 korni kegs, enough light, amber and wheat extract to sink a battleship, 500 kilos of various hops, 1kg of sod perc.

All up ~$300

Sigh....

Be glad you don't live anywhere near Craftbrewer..... That place is dangerous, even moreso now they have everything out to browse amongst!

Cheers

I'm venturing into CraftBrewer on Saturday to pick up my new urn and some kegs. I will be wearing a wreath of garlic round my neck and waving a silver cross before me. :eek:

Leave your wallet in the car, that's the only way I didn't spend a cent yesterday.....:ph34r:

Cheers!

Yeah I get a bit too enthusiastic and ask heaps of questions. Its like being a kid in a lolly shop

I had to move to Italy to break my nsLHBS (not so Local..) habit! Can't imagine what damage would be done at the new location.

Why would you need 3kg of rice gulls?

Peas & corn I love them use them 'everywhere' on my breakfast, in the dogs dinner, the horse gets some, so do the chucks and use it in every brew only 12 brews worth ,

no you dont have too!!

but it just saves less stuffing around for under a dollar :)

Brewing a lot of beer at the moment for the big drink

Pumpy :)

I have a list, when I go to G&G I stick to that list, well, untill I go to pay and I'm standing at the beer wall. Mmmmm that Oatmeal Stout looks the goods, oh and that IPA looks ok too, maybe a Saison, ok, just one or two more. Go there to spend about $50 on ingredients and walk out with $50 worth of beer as well. I only really go to G&G in emergencies because lets face it some of their stuff is a bit overpriced (read yeast), so I'm kinda glad CB is in another state, not sure I'd have a missus if I lived anywhere near that place :lol:

My LHBS has a fridge full of English imports. :icon_drool2: I dont mean to buy them.....it just....happens.

Last trip to the HBS I walked out with three bags of unintended grain.

I love wandering around in the grain room smelling the merchandise :)

Peas & corn I love them use them 'everywhere' on my breakfast, in the dogs dinner, the horse gets some, so do the chucks and use it in every brew only 12 brews worth ,

no you dont have too!!

but it just saves less stuffing around for under a dollar :)

Brewing a lot of beer at the moment for the big drink

Pumpy :)

Pumpy - where is your LHBS?

Yeah I just went in to buy some yeast...

Came out with 2x 60L fermenters, 4 korni kegs, enough light, amber and wheat extract to sink a battleship, 500 kilos of various hops, 1kg of sod perc.

All up ~$300

Sigh....
I am assuming you meant 500g of hops. $300 is a pretty good price for what you got.

Mmm, not a good topic to be reading as I'm off to The Brew Shop this arvo. Better lose the wallet and only take cash. :beerbang:

Back