Do You Ever Get Carried Away In Your Home Brew Shop ?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last time I went to Greensbourough I needed some yeast and some hops... ended up walking away with sodium perc, no-rinse san, LDME, bottle caps, 1000mL flask and I was eyeing off a bench capper but I resisted somehow.

I went yesterday to buy two cans of malt extract ...

... ended up with two cans of extract and some sanitiser!

I figure that now I can stop using dog saliva to sanitise stuff <_<

... Oh, i feel so clean now.

But, yeah, normally I do get carried away with things I NEED.

That's exactly right, we need everything we buy, it's just sometimes we get it earlier than expected. :beerbang:

Oh, but I can invent needs to suit my previous purchases :D

Might have to go back today to buy some bits to go with the other bits ... then tomorrow i'll NEED some more bits to go with the extra bits I end up with today :icon_cheers:

Leave your wallet in the car, that's the only way I didn't spend a cent yesterday.....:ph34r:

Cheers!

Next time I'm driving through Nanango I'll look out for your car. $

+1 for every bloody time I go there.
I live 1 1/2 away too so it is bad after the monthly visit to the lhbs, big green shed, big w for a ferm etc etc....

Yep. Hell I even have things I've bought still in packets.
I tend to buy things online mostly thought.

i get carried away all the time, its the constant sampling of the taps that i get carried away with, have been known to carry myself out too at the annual LHBS xmas party.

I guess this is why it's probably a good thing that there isn't any LHBS, but when I go and place orders online I still manage to get carried away and order more things than I require. Especially if there's a special on bulk hops and such.

Must not go to Craftbrewer...
Must... not... weaken...
Must... not... buy anymore grain/malt/yeast...
Must... not... buy shiny things......
Must... not... buy..
Will...weaking..
arrrggh.....
beer....
!!

I'm guilty of impulse buying online.
I read the hops and grains and think 'Hey, haven't tried that before' or 'haven't made a beer with x in a while'...

It's the latest products section that's my downfall...

Plus if you pre-buy online and then pickup in theory you can get away with buying less...

Looking forward to seeing the new Craftbrewer premises, even if my wallet may not...

after reading this thread, I just went online to our sponsors and bought a litre of starsan + some grsains + some LME.... only wanted the starsan.. damn now I need a bigger container to store it all in ;)

Latest posts

Back