Do You Ever Get Carried Away In Your Home Brew Shop ?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pumpy

Pumpy's Brewery.
Reaction score
I went to buy a kilo of rice hulls and some line cleaner about $18 worth from the Home brew shop but got carried away :unsure:

ended up with 3 kg rice hulls
yeast nutrient
light malt
Sanitiser
Filter housing
file of Dry English liquid yeast

total $86 .35 :eek:

had to pay cash so SWMBO dont notice it coming off the AMEX card ;) , the kids will have to go without a new pair of school shoes, damn they have all grown up and gone to Uni , I will just have to spend the kids Inheritance .

Pumpy :)

Nah, but there's only so much LDME and so many heat pads a man can buy, you know?

However, I have quite deliberately not been to Grain & Grape in person yet...

Do You Ever Get Carried Away In Your Home Brew Shop ?

Once. I tripped on the step as I was leaving and twisted my ankle really, really badly.

However, I have quite deliberately not been to Grain & Grape in person yet...

Lol... went to G&G to buy a measuring cylinder for my hydrometer and to check out an AG brew demo and came home with the following:

66Ltr SS Pot
38Lt Mash Tun
False Bottom
2 x weldless taps
Copper sparge ring
about 10m of tube is various sizes

Unfortunately the spending hasn't slowed since, but on a positive note my beer quality is 10x better.

In a word...

Every fricken time, because im A: new to all this there is always something extra to get and B: At least 1 1/2 hr from the nearest LHBS

pumpy,

that story sounds eerily familiar every time i go to the lhbs :rolleyes:

cheers matho

Be glad you don't live anywhere near Craftbrewer..... That place is dangerous, even moreso now they have everything out to browse amongst!

Cheers

That's why Ross keeps asking me if would like another IPA. :icon_cheers:
sav

pumpy,

that story sounds eerily familiar every time i go to the lhbs :rolleyes:

cheers matho

Thats reasurring matho I thought it was just me who had an obsessive compulsive disorder :)

Pumpy

"I've got things to do today, must not be any longer than 10 minutes. It's 4:00 now so i'll be on the road by 4:10. Quickly in quickly out, how hard can it be"....... Walks out of the store to see it's 5:30........

yes it is tempation to spend up ..you go in for a look or advice and you walk out,a bit lighter in the wallet..i live 20mins from two home brew shops...and when i travel i see if there's any brew stores..my next trip is to upper tasmania

Be glad you don't live anywhere near Craftbrewer..... That place is dangerous, even moreso now they have everything out to browse amongst!

Cheers

Yep NickB, Oooohh CB Supermarket style , when you can rummage around amongst all the bit , one of those- two of those- one of those I just cant stop :)

sav

Sav , too many Rosses IPA's and you loose your inhibitions & ability to say no to more , bit like sex really :unsure:

Sav , too many Rosses IPA's and you loose your inhibitions & ability to say no to more , bit like sex really :unsure:

Just wait I get to the new shop ross will be handing out beer tickets at the door (come in have a beer or two and spent a little ,you no you want too) :lol:

yeah went in last time to get $30 worth of gear came out with $80 sigh. however I will be moving closer to the homebrew shops next year but as a uni student so no monies for homebrews. the world sucks sometimes.

Slightly related... Stopped in at a mate's HBS for a quick chat and a gasbag. Ended up talking for hours.. Rep from a brewery came in so we started "sampling"... Gasbagged some more.. I started serving customers and educating them about beer brewing.. Don't even work at the place :p

Slightly related... Stopped in at a mate's HBS for a quick chat and a gasbag. Ended up talking for hours.. Rep from a brewery came in so we started "sampling"... Gasbagged some more.. I started serving customers and educating them about beer brewing.. Don't even work at the place :p

Thought you were going to say you made an offer for his Home brew store sera!!!

Have this issue everytime I go to Beerbelly's. Now I have to save up before going there now. As for every $10 I plan to spend there Ispend $40 with no encouragement from Amanda or Wayne. Mywife is worried we may end up ls ing in a mash tunor somethrig

Cheers

sav

That bloody shop is like the Bunnings of the Homebrew World..................... :( ....................but.............. I can't wait to see the new shop.........shudder.

Screwy

Latest posts

Back