You Know You're A Homebrewer If . . .

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do it mate, its a great drop! Ask muckey or trev or any other member on here... hehehe!! Seriously though, do it!

Muckeys had a strange taste that he couldn't quite identify........a wierd 'beer like' flavour that he hadn't experienced in his HB before. :lol: Seriously, agree that it's a cracker for a first time, it's a great beer, and a forgiving recipe. Even if it turns pear shaped, it still comes out good.

Back OT, You know you're a homebrewer if;

your food doesn't keep well in the fridge, cos it's set to 9C.
you freak out if anyone gets detergent within 3 feet of your glassware.
you associate the word 'picnic' with the word 'tap'.
a little part of you dies inside whenever you see people drinking beer straight from a bottle.

a little part of you dies inside whenever you see people drinking beer straight from a bottle.

Spot on :lol:

I have turned my father in-law off VB with a few 6 packs of HB and he still refuses to drink from a glass!!

Last time he gets any brew's with aroma hops!! ;)

Back OT:

When you rush through grocery shopping but find yourself stopped in the kitchenware section scanning every item thinking "surely I can use that for...."

When I have not got any hb ready to drink and standing in a bottleshop and not know what to buy...! wishing my own was carbonated!

When I have not got any hb ready to drink and standing in a bottleshop and not know what to buy...! wishing my own was carbonated!
I know exactly how you feel. :(

when you start making brewing equipment for a living, so you don't have to get a real job and can stay home and brew more beer.... <_<

You know you are a homebrewer if

You have pets named after hops.

Amarillo, Cascade and Saaz.

3 of my ferrets.

You know you are a homebrewer if

You have pets named after hops.

Amarillo, Cascade and Saaz.

3 of my ferrets.

that is excellent... Amarillo suits some kind of animal Im thinking...

You know you're a homebrewer when...

You step up your brew schedule (and your drinking) to provide enough spent grain to keep your chickens in feed.

You step up your brew schedule (and your drinking) to provide enough spent grain to keep your chickens in feed.

I think your last post on the joke thread proves that to... classic

...when you dig up two old posts of "you know you're a homebrewer if..." equivalence in one day.

I gotta get off this site.

Just finished a double batch and am drinking a glorious APA.
Mmmm. I love this hobby :lol: :D

You know you're a homebrewer when you decide to get chickens thinking you can then decrease your apparent per batch expenditure by deducting the grain derived eggs thus lowering your net cost/L

Now, to get it passed SWMBO

Swmbo asks you to buy nappy soaking detergent when you are out next... you come home with 20kg of sodium percarbonate ...

When the first thing you read to your twelve week old daughter was the introduction section of "Home brewed Beers and Stouts" by CJJ Berry.

When the first thing you read to your twelve week old daughter was the introduction section of "Home brewed Beers and Stouts" by CJJ Berry.

Does having your 2yo daughter hand you bottles one after the other while bottling count? She says "more?" And she makes me say "please" with each one, else she won't hand it over!

Back